1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Getting the game today, should I buy Season Pass?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Jezza819, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

When do you need to calibrate the brakes? Because that seems to be my biggest problem right now. I think with Forza you had to calibrate by pushing the pedal 3 times while the game was initially loading.

Grijo likes this.
  2. Horus

Horus Alien

I would do similar to some of us on PC. Sony Gui then AC menu screen and once again when on track. Depress them a few times and you should be good, but I'm sure someone will know a more accurate way to do it as I am a PC user and do not have a PS4 or XBox.

Grijo likes this.
  3. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

We don´t have the option to calibrate the pedals on console, not that I know. Funnt thing is I don´t have problems with my pedals sensitivity, they work fine for me. I saw and see people complaining about the pedals being like a "on/off" switch. Not with me...

bradleyland likes this.
  4. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I have to press my pedal very hard especially with road cars. The AI seems to be able to brake much later than I do. I've tried it with ABS on and off and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I think I'm losing a lot of time right now because I have to start braking so early.

Grijo likes this.
  5. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

What are you seeing in the HUD when you brake?

For me, I always calibrate at the XBOX Dashboard by pressing every pedal for a few seconds. With Assetto Corsa, it always seems to auto-calibrate the brakes the first few times they are pressed in-game. I start out in a practice session each time and press the brake pedal 2 or 3 times with the desired pressure until I see the brakes go to full in the HUD. If I forget, I only get maybe 25-30% braking force on the first corner and go off track.

I have had others say the opposite though: If they don't calibrate with a couple brake presses in the pits they get full braking in the first 20% of brake travel so a tap goes to full lockup.

Also, depending on the car, braking can be affected by tire temps and track conditions. When I am in practice or hot lap, even with the tire warmers on, it seems like it takes a lap or 2 for the tires to really grip up. In a race with cold tires, the first lap can be interesting...

Grijo, Jezza819 and bradleyland like this.
  6. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

For what it is worth I am on PC, I have a TM T300 wheel and T3PA Pedals. If you press the pedals during the wheels boot up self calibration (full left right rotation) it screws things up. Best not to press pedals at this time. After the self calibration I press the pedals all the way down and the brake in particular push it as hard as you feel 100% should be ( I have an additional mod with compression springs for a progressively harder feel the more I push),I push really hard at this time this makes it harder to lock up.
    If I do not do the pedal calibration I find sometimes I reach 100% in a very short push. I believe that this is all to do with the wheel itself than the game itself.

Grijo likes this.
  7. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

The XBOX is the same. You plug in the wheel, wait for it to calibrate , then do the pedals.

Assetto Corsa still seems to auto-calibrate in-game though. I have tried various combinations and it always wants to be calibrated the first time I hit the track.

8. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone! Update... Xbox One Season Pass Owners should see The Red Pack and Porsche Pack Vol. 2 DLC items within the next 24 hours!

Grijo and mtbwa1 like this.
  9. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Thank you for the update.

10. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Hey, Jezza, I recognize you from the pCARS forums as well.

The Season Pass is a straight up math equation. The Season Pass is $30, and includes the Japanese Pack, Red Pack, and all the Porsche DLC. If pricing of future Porsche DLC remains consistent, that's $36 in DLC for $30. IMO, all the included DLC is worth it.

As far as your pedal issue, you probably have a progressive brake. Assetto Corsa doesn't include a full brake calibration. It appears to calibrate automatically, based on a detected range of motion over a series of pedal depresses. The problem is that if you don't depress the pedal far enough, it will never calibrate. Some folks run very shallow pedal travel with progression early on. I used to do this with my T3PA pedals, but I had to adjust my rubber cone down a bit for AC to pick up the full range of motion.

Here's what I'd do to troubleshoot:

* Launch the game cold and don't touch any of the controls until you're at the "Press X" screen.
    * Press X to launch the game
    * Launch a practice session with any car; the Miata is great for testing, btw
    * Select Drive, but don't go anywhere
    * Cycle your HUD until you see three bars to the left of the RPM/gear indicator
    * Press your brake pedal normally, but just once
    * You should see a red bar in the center vertical control input indicator.
    * Press the pedal three or four times firmly
    * You should see the range jump upwards significantly

From here, you can see exactly how much pedal effort is required for "full" braking. The red bar should reach the top of the darkened outline. If it doesn't, you'll need to adjust your brake pedal so that you get a little more range of motion.

And yeah, I feel you already. The lack of a brake travel adjustment is a real PITA. It screwed me up for a while, as I readjusted to my pedal travel.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Grijo and Jezza819 like this.
  11. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Great point about the brake mod. I can't run the conical mod on my T3PAs as tight as I want or else I get calibration issues. Once I reset it, I felt like I had brakes that needed air bled out of them. Once I figured out a procedure like you have outlined, I am able to get just the right pressure so that light pressure works for trail braking, (with no really resistance though), a firm press gets me right about to the threshold point and panic braking feels like its going to through pedals across the room (or that I need 2 feet on the pedal), but that is just full lockup anyway.

Grijo and bradleyland like this.
  12. bradleyland

It's also very much worth noting that you do not need both the "Prestige Pack" and the "Performance Pack UPGRADE". The latter is for people who pre-ordered with the Performance pack. The "Prestige Pack" was an exclusive through some retailers, while other retailers only got the "Performance Pack". Ugh.

So, you'll need to understand exactly what came with your game before deciding which you need to buy.

If you got...
    • Assetto Corsa (vanilla with no included "pack") - Grab the Prestige Pack
    • Assetto Corsa w/ Performance Pack - Grab the Performance Pack UPGRADE
    • Assetto Corsa w/ Prestige Pack - Don't buy either the Prestige or the Performance packs
    You'll note the overlap in the first three cars.

Performance Pack Cars
    Ferrari 488 GTB
    Audi R8 V10 Plus
    Corvette C7 Stingray

Prestige Pack Cars
    Ferrari 488 GTB
    Audi R8 V10 Plus
    Corvette C7 Stingray
    Ford Mustang 2015
    Lamborghini Gallardo SuperLeggera
    Nissan GT-R Nismo 2014
    Toyota GT-86
    Audi A1 S1
    BMW M4 Coupe

One final complication, there were a couple of people who reported that they were able to download the Prestige Pack for free (on PS4, IIRC) after purchasing the Season Pass. As I understand this was not intended, so it may have been some kind of glitch, or the people in question didn't realize they had unlocked it somehow (user error). At any rate, it'd be worth buying the Season Pass first to see if the Prestige Pack shows up as a free download.

Grijo and ingrobny like this.
  13. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

So in your opinion, is it work grabbing the Prestige Pack?

I started with the "vanilla" AC and bought Porsche Pack 1 thinking I might also get the Japanese Pack. then the Season Pass came one sale, so I got that and am looking at lots of DLC.

I am not seeing a free download (on XOBX) of the Prestige Pack, so I would have to pay for it out of pocket (I suppose it's a better investment long term that the Crown Vic and Morgan 3 wheeler in Forza 3 which I was think of as well).

Grijo likes this.
  14. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

Yes i think it's worth buying the prestige pack, lots of nice cars there :).

Assetto_Corsa_Prestige_Pack.jpg

Grijo likes this.
  15. bradleyland

Partly, it depends on your preferences. All of the Prestige Pack cars are road cars (obvious, dur), so it makes the most sense if you like road cars. As far as the cars themselves, there are definitely some standouts.

Ferrari 488 GTB - In contrast to the 458 Italia, the 488 GTB is definitely more of a handful. The 458 Italia has a balance that is a bit on the "safe" side for a supercar. The 488 GTB handles more like the Cayman/Boxster, in that the transition between oversteer & understeer is much more apparent with weight transfer. Brake a little late in the 458 Italia, and you'll understeer, running wide. Brake a little late in the 488 GTB, and you'd better have quick hands. The rear is coming around.

Ford Mustang 2015 - A real surprise! Yes, it's still a muscle car, and yes, it feels like there's a boat anchor under the bonnet, but if you get the hang of this car, you can stick with the BMW M4 around the Nordschleife. There's something very rewarding about tossing this thing around. You have to rely on the pendulum effect to get this car to rotate, but that ends up being a lot of fun.

Nissan GT-R Nismo 2014 - You will have to bend your own brain to wrap your mind around just how hard you can push this thing. I cannot think of a car for which the phrase "when in doubt, throttle out" is more applicable. Really a hilariously lunatic-fringe ride around Black Cat County.

BMW M4 Coupe - I've been a BMW driver for a few years now, and I'm generally pretty happy with the experience. I don't buy in to all of BMW's marketing hype, but Assetto Corsa has helped me understand something very interesting about BMW (assuming the handling of the cars is true to life). First, a minor digression. I'm currently in between cars, but my last ride was an E92 M3. I regularly fire up Assetto Corsa and drive the E92 M3 around Nords, just so I can remember my car. It is uncanny how closely the feel of AC resembles the actual car. So, starting from the premise that AC accurately replicates the real cars, I find it fascinating how there are tiny similarities between the E30 M3, the E92 M3, and the F82 M4. BMW cars exhibit a balance that smacks you in the face in the E30, but is far more subtle in the E92 M3 and F82 M4. IMO, it's really worth driving and studying each to understand how they like to be driven, and what the similarities (and differences) are between them.

The rest of the cars range all have their merits. The Corvette Stingray is probably my least favorite. I dunno, but there's something inert about that car. My my perspective (as someone who loves road cars), I'd absolutely say it's worth it.

Grijo, mtbwa1 and ingrobny like this.
  16. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

thanksfor the long opinion.

My current ride is a 2006 Scion Xa so not exactly AC material. Over the year though, my dad had a succession of Fiats, Datsun X cars and RX-7s, so I have had a fair bit of fun "slow" cars to drive. I had a '77 Volvo 240 for a long time too that was the basic 4sp manual steering version. Again, not fast, buy manual steering is great for learning road feel.

Driving the Stock Toyota AE86 and the MX5 from the Japanese packs bring me back to those cars (I would but ANY Pack that would model Dad's old 88 RX7 GTu, but they always model the Turbo. His GTu basically had all of the drivetrain of the Turbo but without the fancy electronic suspension or a turbo (or power windows). It was basically the car you bought to strip down and go SCCA racing with).

One thing I wish AC did more of was the lower powered cars. I would love a Formula Ford/Forumla Atlantic or especially a Formula Vee open wheel cars. I'd love some momentum conservation racing, though I imagine most sim racers would rather run around in fast exotic stuff.

warth0g and Grijo like this.
  17. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

When I first press the pedal normally it only goes slightly past halfway. Hard press gets it to about 75%. So now I have to adjust the physical travel of the pedal to get pressure to 100%?
    I tried this last night. With just what I would consider normal brake pressure the red bar only went just slightly past halfway. With very firm pressure I could only get it to about 75%. I did get it close to 100% but I was literally out of my chair standing on the pedal. So I guess I'm going to have to physically change the pedal's range of motion. I was really hoping not to have to do that because as is it's perfectly set for PCars. I didn't really want to have to change the pedal for each game but it's a huge problem as is for AC.

Grijo likes this.
  18. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Jezza, I sent you a private message. If I have the time, I'll try those cars that you mentioned to see if I can help you.

Jezza819 likes this.
  19. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

The funny thing is I can brake later than AI, of course, when I play in hard (some cars and tracks) or medium. I don't have any problems with my wheel or pedals behaviour...

20. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I haven't used the Fanatec pedals so perhaps they are a bit different (Load Cell?)

I guess I would try using a little less pressure when calibrating at the XBOX dashboard, then I would hop that a couple presses in the pits in-game would set everything okay.

I actually went through these steps last night and of course it didn't calibrate at press 4 like normal. Took like 6 or 7 times..... Probably didn't help that the first 2 presses were with me right foot, then I realized that I need to calibrate to the left foot since I usually brake with it.

Grijo likes this.