1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Getting the game today, should I buy Season Pass?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Jezza819, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I also use my left foot to brake since I use the paddles to shif gears..

2. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The Audi S1 which i always thought meh when i scrolled passed it is amazing fun on the ring with no TC. My most used car in that pack so far now.

mtbwa1 likes this.
  3. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I am running Thrustmaster stuff, so I have to save up to get a Th8A (plus then I'll have to fins somewhere to mount it). I'd love a full H-pattern setup so I could hell-toe, but it's just not in the budget at the moment.

That said, left foot braking is essential to survive modern rally games and while paddle shifting is completely unrealistic on the retro cars, but it sure is mighty helpful to shift weight balance while keeping turbos spooled up. I actually use the clutch override in Project CARS with the paddles to keep turbos spooled up which keeps the Lotus 98T at 100% somewhat manageable.

Grijo likes this.
  4. fools jester

fools jester Gamer

If you like online and choosing which car to drive then NO!

5. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Where is the XBOX dashboard to calibrate the brakes? So keep pressing it in the pits until the bar reaches 100%?

I left foot brake also.

6. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I agree, it's unrealistic. But I'm not a talented pilot to do punta taccos, I'm only a regular one. And I'm stiil learning to be smooth with a wheel, it's my first one. Since I don't race everyday, it will take time. And like you, I'm without budget to buy a h pattern shifter. So, I'm having fun how I can.

7. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I had to adjust my conical brake mod down a bit to get to 100% consistently. My pedals are completely different than yours though. I wish someone else running Fanatec pedals on XB1 would chime in.

8. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

He's just referring to pressing the pedals while on the main XBox menu. Honestly, I'm not sure how much of this is snake oil, and what actually works. Different wheels have different initialization procedures. For example, Thrustmaster recommends depressing each pedal three times through its "full range of motion" after the wheel completes its normal calibration routine (spinning back and forth). I always undertake this process while in the game's main menu. I have no idea if it works at the main console menu (I'm on PS4, btw). I also don't know if Fanatec pedals require the same press-three-times routine.

So, I guess the long and short of it is that you should try a variety of calibration techniques to see if any get you better results. Without authoritative source material documenting a calibration routine, I tend to be very skeptical of forum advice (same goes for my advice).

Jezza819 likes this.
  9. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Just my take on the Thrustmaster pedals calibration. Let say if you push them to 10% of the max travel then the breaks will lock up in game at 10% but if you push 50% the next time they will deliver 50%. The idea is if you have a conical mod on the software has no clue where the 100% should be. So during your calibration; pushing the brake to where it physically will not travel any further the TM software will make that point 100%. I have modded mine with some compression springs so that the brake will get progressively harder. During calibration I really stomp on the pedal. In game this helps me from locking up too early when I push firmly, only when I stomp on them.
    But as @bradleyland says "be very skeptical of forum advice" best to try things .

Jezza819 likes this.
  10. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I am also Thrustmaster, so I just do the same thing. By XBOX dashboard, I just meant pressing the pedals after the wheel initialized and before going into the game. I do wait for the XBOX to load up all the way.

It seems I can skip this calibration if I leave the wheel plugged in, but turn off the XBOX, however I generally don't do that.

EDIT: To be clear, on this initial step, I only press the brake how hard I want 100% to be. the first Time I did it, I pressed really hard and then couldn't calibrate right in-game until I unplugged the wheel, plugged it back in and restarted the entire process.

11. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Forgive my lack of Portugese, but I believe that punta taccos is what I would refer to in English as heel-toe (punta taccos does sound much cooler so I will use that term now :D)

I can accomplish this in real life, but I think it will be hard on a set of pedals (at least the T3PA pedals I have) because they are all the same height. I am used to the brake pedal being higher than the accelerator.

At the end of the day, I would imagine paddle shifting is probably quicher than H-pattern. I would like to be able to use a shifter as either a handbrake or sequential shifter for Rally games though (sadly the XBOX can't have both a sequential shifter and a handbrake without modding your racing wheel). I just can't keep a hand on a button for the handbrake and often have trouble grabbing the paddle shifters when I'm really spinning the wheel for a hairpin.

Grijo likes this.
  12. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

When I had Thrustmaster pedals I had to calibrate them each time for Forza. And I think I had to calibrate my Fanatecs also for Forza but it's been so long since I've played Forza I couldn't be sure about that.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  13. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

LOL, it´s not Portuguese but it´s the expression we use in Latin America. I miss a handbrake too, especially when I´m playing Dirt Rally

mtbwa1 likes this.
  14. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

The best part is that when you Google punta taccos, the second link is the youtube Video of Ayrton Senna in an NSX whish is a classic video.

Speaking of Dirt, since I don't have easy handbrake access I have been learning left-foot braking and trying to learn the Scandinavian Flick. setting the brakes to a more reward bias on the FWD cars and using left-foot braking helps me tremendously. It's actually helpful in AC on some cars, but a lot hard to bull off on a track that has loads of grip.

Grijo likes this.
  15. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I love that video, but always when I see Ayrton, I feel emptiness, you know, almost like a familiar of mine was gone...

Thanks for the tip, certainly I´ll try that :)

16. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Being an American, it's hard to love racing because the best stuff isn't easy to get on TC: Aussie V8 Supercars, Dakkar, WRC, etc. We Get F1, but it's NBC coverage, so they manage to mess it up. I use to wateh it on Telemundo because even with the language barrier, it was better coverage.

This Youtube channel has been helpful for Rally driving (this video especially):

I didn't get left foot braking until I watch it. there are good videos of Colin McRae, but this video is an actual rally school that takes the time to explain that you sometime brake hard with the left foot while the power is on (and make it look extremely easy).

Grijo likes this.
  17. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

@mtbwa1, you're american? Ok, first of all, I'm sorry about any mistakes in my english. I never learned that properly, only what I got in movies, music and games. And I refuse to use google translate because, most of the time, I think the translation it provides is worse than I can manage to write (at least I think it's worse)

I'm a man who loves cars and, of course, racing. I was a big fan of F1 but I'm not anymore. It's not about being the best anymore, it's all too "commercial" now, if you know what I mean. The coverage here in Brazil is not great too. Some categories have good coverage like F1, NASCAR (big fan by the way), F Indy, DTM and WTCC. But most of the time, brazilian sports channel are all about soccer (that I HATE :mad:). Brazilians love soccer but not me. I love racing, especially old school racing, like NASCAR. NASCAR is a "analogic" racing category. No telemetry, no TC or SC, nothing is adjustable from the car, manual jacking, five screws in each wheel..it's crazy!! And it's not about team play, every pilot have your sponsor and race for it, that's fantastic! 40 pilots racing close all the time and nobody will be a "good boy", that's racing for me.

Excellent video by the way. The best period in rally for me, was the time that we had the Group B cars. Ford RS 200, Audi Quattro...electric chairs with crazy people trying to stay on the track with it, epic stuff! And the crowd in the middle of the track? I'm not saying that was a good thing, but shows a period that was more "innocent" if you know what I mean

18. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

No need to apologize for poor English. :) I do also like NASCAR, but generally posting that you are American and like NASCAR make everyone immediately think you are Joe Dirt or some other stereotypical southerner. I primarily grew up watching Saturday night races at the local 1/2 mile oval. Same track also had a drag strip. I was fortunatel enough to meet a few NASCAR drivers back in the 80s and even a few NHRA guys. These days, I live in a much smaller town, but we have a neighbor that went to school with my wife who races at the local short track. I try and support him when I can.

I can agree that Group B was perhaps the pinnacle of Motorsport. F1 in the 70s and 80s was certainly exciting as well. Now that I think of it, in 187 and 88, the actually held a NASCAR Winston West and Formula Atlantic street race in Spokane, WA where I lived.

Dad and I went to both races before the town decided it didn't like streets shut down on a holiday weekend and scrapped the race.

I didn't find out until the past couple of years (looking back through the program and other materials) just who was in those series at the time. Tommy Kendall of SCCA and Sports Car racing fame drove a Winston West stock car and has told me a few stories about it via twitter. Johnny O'Connell who won the Pirelli World Challenge in 03, 04, 05 and 06 was driving Formula Atlantic and was a noted up and comer at the time. A couple years back for work, I had to spend some time in LA where my best High School buddy lives. It was the week of the Long Beach Grand Prix, so we took out his Mazda6 and drove the circuit (as much as we could with roads open at least).

Grijo likes this.
  19. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I think I have solved my brake problem. Thanks to inthebagbud from PCars that has the same wheel as I do. He told me about a setting on our hub that apparently controls brake pressure. Once I adjusted that I got the full brake graph. It's almost too sensitive for race cars but I can live with that.

There are a few road cars I've driven that seem to be slow to turn. The Ferrari 458 and 488 for example. Is there a fix for that or is it because of the road tires?

bradleyland and Grijo like this.
  20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Did you enjoy vanilla AC up until today?
    You invested time to manage, let's say two cars, to drive them up to their limit?

If your answer is no, don't bother about a season pass, or any future DLC. You might, most probably, not like the content.

If your answer is yes, you most probably don't have the time, to get your head around new content. ;)

But if it's a steal, you are fund of what you have, and you know, you will drive it, buy it. PPs are a steal, really. Have fun, and don't force yourself, be quick.

Grijo likes this.