1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update can cripple multi-monitor gaming

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Olivier Boissel, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Hi,

I just would like to know if some of you experienced multi-monitoring problem since the las KB from Microsoft.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4009938/january-10-2017-kb3213986-os-build-14393-693

Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor.

See "Know issues in this update" (bottom of the screen)

Fortunately, I couldn't do the update due to download Windows update issue ........

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Fresh Windows 11 install and ACC does not start! Jun 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Can't resume weekend from a Championship (é char in Windows username) Jan 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Immagine a scatti dopo Update Windows Nov 23, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad Performance after Windows 11 22H2 update Oct 14, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Throw it in windows Sep 20, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Throwing in Windows Sep 20, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Any problems with AC and Windows 11? Sep 16, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashes after installing latest Windows Updates (14/09/2022) Sep 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Since Windows 11 - Crash on Startup / Invalid Parameter Jun 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Windows11 + nvidia surround in game resolution issue Jun 17, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions [OS] So, how's Windows 11 performing in 2022? Feb 2, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Career hangs due to "Attempted to access index " [Resolved: Windows N version needed Media Pack] Jan 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Gamecrash when starting to drive in multiplayer [Custom Windows swap file] Dec 23, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever i try to get into a race [Blocked by Windows Defender] Dec 16, 2021

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

https://www.askwoody.com/2017/win10...3210721-have-multi-monitor-problems/#comments

http://www.infoworld.com/article/31...d-kb-3210721-have-multi-monitor-problems.html

Windows is dead. It still may twitch, but that is just a reflex. If you want to know why I so uncompromisingly attacked Microsoft in some threads in the past and condemned W10, take your time and read this blog back for the past 12-18 months, then you get an impression of how deeply rotten W10 is, and how disconnected from reality Microsoft is. The author is not just anyone, but a known Windows guru writing bibles about it, a known authority with a solid reputation. He knows his stuff and is well-connected.

On the update problems, check that blog, there are entries on those problems (plural!), too. It affects several Windows versions, not just one.

4. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Oh Linux. Why has the gaming industry forsaken you? :( (rhetorical question. We know why.)

I will likely stick with Windows 7 until end of security updates, 2020. But maybe some good changes will happen between now and then. Win10 is fine on my laptop, but I use that in a much more limited capacity.

5. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I myself am considering going BACK to 7 honestly. I've had windows 10 force a backup IMAGE of a "media recovery installation" onto a partition of a hard drive (UBS reformat). This changes it to FAT32 ubs stick (the HDD). I lost tons of stuff at the blink of an eye. I was lucky to have access to a program to get data back from hdd's, and recovered the important things.
    Disk management issues
    The anniversary update...
    Sound issues
    File indexing/administrative issues
    Recovery bloating
    The fact that, in some setups, windows must register a hardware ID change individually (outside of using your google account or whatever as a key)

Some things are nice n all, but I'm not happy with 10. I've had more problems in the past year than I ever had with 7 plain and simple.

6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

In my experience a lot of the general issues people are having in Windows 10 are from upgrade installations.

If you haven't tried a completely fresh installation, don't write off W10 just yet.

If you did an upgrade from 7 or 8.1 you can make it do a fresh install without a disk, that has resolved issues on every one I have worked on.

Nobody I know who uses W10 and triples for gaming has had any issues for the record.

7. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

With my previous build, I had so many issues with win10 its not even funny. With my new build, I had one screen not working at all after a windows update lately. Took my an hour to get it to work again... Not sure if I had the update referred by the OP yet though.

8. TDS

TDS Alien

Lucky me i didnt went with the hype also microsoft pressure push on win 10, happy camper with my win7 for at least some more years until when win10 get really stable and sorted out.

Salajutsu likes this.
  9. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

no issues here gaming with triple screens with nvidia surround.

10. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

When I upgraded, I made sure it was a fresh install. Completely new. No saved info or anything.
    The problem I had was:
    Making a USB media installation (fresh reformat drive)
    Win 10 asks you after it makes the image on the USB stick "would you like to make a backup copy of the media installation?"
    It gives you a list of your HDD's or partitions you've made, but without an option to NOT backup, I could not hit "back" or cancel it, only move forward. This in turn created a FAT32 partition on my HDD, which, being NTFS format, cannot do both at the same time. Thus, lost all information on the HDD with the added bonus that win 10 thought it was a thumbstick drive.

Particularily, I haven't noticed any glaring issues with triple screens, though I haven't bothered with many AAA titles so maybe I'm just lucky.

11. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

I have win10, a slightly dated PC, two monitors and I use one of them for gaming (other one skype or misc.) So far no issues here with lag or drivers, although alt-tabbing in certain games is slow or even impossible.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  12. No issues here so far - but still - we are talking about Microsoft anything can happen!

13. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Its Easy Peezy to uninstall an update, Look it up. I managed to catch the 3986 update as it was 1/2 done, Needed another reboot to finish but i said NOPE F this **** and prevented it from finishing its install.

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I have switched off updates already in autumn 2015, so more than one year ago. The end of such updates obviously is no concern for me. More dramatic is that new processor generations by Intel and nVidia do not support drivers for W7 anymore. Not because it is not possible, but because Microsoft urged them into a united frontline to prevent people evading W10 by sticking with W7 if they buy newer hardware. Its just another one of those many stinking foul moves by this bastard company.

If I buy the latest hardware in one year or two, I am not certain that it could be run with W7. Not because technically it is not possible, but becasue Microsoft conspired with companies to prevent that. It is an artificial lock, not a technical necessity. They want to force people into their W10 scheme so that they can sell users. "Because with Windows as a service", the product being sold is not Windows, but the user, and the computer no longer is under your property right and control, but de facto is owned by Microsoft.

Therefore I will either find ways like Virtual Machines or WINE to run the few titles I still play, or stop playing, or stick with the (growing number of) games that are being developed for Linux as well. It is surprising to find quite some very prominent names on that list already, and it is growing rapidly since some years.

My somewhat advanced age certainly helps to not shed too many tears over the loss of just some games. after all its just games and not the meaning of life what its all about. The visions of Microsoft and Google and the like are no progressive future in my eyes, but a dangerous nightmare like form some dystopian science fiction scenario. Younger people cannot understand this, they have grown up and never knew anything else than Microsoft and Google, cannot even imagine that life is possible without these. And desirable.

Im not just anti-technology, I do not want to live in a cage in the stoneage. More precisely I am extremely technophile. I only refuse to keep my eyes "wide shut" and to blindly buy all those idiotic promises they made, while ignoring the enormous risks that so often get completely actively ignored and ridiculed. And these technologies imply some extremely dangerous, anti-social, even anti-human options and possibilities. Power-hungry elites will abuse them, that is certain. Freedom and common wealth is the last thing on their mind, you better believe that. Freedom and monopolism are mutually exclusive.

The argument that Windows 10 "is more safe", holds no truth with so many seriously porked updates, broken patches and the very serious privacy issues that the user is unable to avoid or escape. He gets it all enforced on him, since his No is no longer accepted by Microsoft. They do not accept to take a No for a No.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

P.S. I strictly recommend to use two platforms, physically separated. One for all work, surfing, emailing, browsing - for everything, with Linux as OS. The other either W7 if you still can run it, but not update it anymore, or W10 if that is where you are. This one you only use for game launching AND FOR NOTHING ELSE. No private data storage.l No browsing. No chatting, No nothing form this one. When W10 vaporizes your privacy, at least you can leave them no data they can hack for prey.

With the technical problems of W10 and its enforced garbage patches you will need to live then, however. If that is worth it for you - your taste and your choice then. I found out over one year ago that it is not mine, and I have drawn the consequences. No intention here to ever reverse them, Linux Mint works like a charm - AND IS BETTER THAN WINDOWS HAS EVER BEEN. I regret that I did not made the change already many years ago.

16. This:

But more accurately, I had a intermittent BSOD "Attempted Switch at DPC." But that was caused by an old version of Acronis Disk Director. Thanks @LilSki for solving that. Uninstalled and no more issues.

17. With last W10 update (or AC 1.11.4) I had some stuttering on single 21/9 monitor setup. Strangely it dissapeared after maybe 2-3 reboots.

BTW - never ever had better gaming platform than W10 - first of all it's latency - input lag on controllers is significantly smaller than on 7/8 (so important is sim racing).

And last - after clean instal with correct drivers (take some time to collect all good versions) it's also most stable windows which I ever had...

18. WallyM

WallyM Alien

No problems here, but I do have Fullscreen unticked, which may make a difference.

Olivier Boissel likes this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

No issues for me nvidia surround latest w10 updates (was full install not update) Using fullscreen surround with a gtx1080.

For me win 10 has been no worse then other windows. Ive had an issue if needing to use my non default surround resolution either 7680x1440 or any bezel corrected resolution which gets disabled after windows enters sleep mode. This has been an issue since win 7 or 8 for me however. When this happens it simply means I need to open nv surround and check the custom resolution is active again.

Olivier Boissel likes this.
  20. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Is there a way to set the vertical offset of monitors? I bought a triple monitor mount, but because my 3 23.6' monitors are slightly different, the left screen is about 2cm higher than the center monitor, and my right monitor is about 1cm higher. I've tried to use NVIDIA control panel but I can set the monitor offset precise enough. Is there a way to get around that? Thanks.