1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by St3fan, Jan 17, 2017.

1. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I was trying to do the special event "Child, fasten your seat belt!", and I couldn't catch up on 80% AI on straight at all. The car feels like it doesn't have power when upshift to 3rd gear. 80% AI just flew away and I swear my right foot was buried all the way down to the floor. BTW the G27 driver shows my axes are fine.

Then I tried to do a quick diagnosis by switching the car to a manual transmission. With all the same settings (all cars changed to Audi A1S1), it took me ages to hit 60mph, and it's just ridiculous how fast other cars were.

After that I switched to a special event Porsche 911 GT3 RS quick race at Barcelona Moto. Now this time I could at least be competitive with 80% AI, but it just didn't feel right to me. I felt I was still quite a bit slower on the straight and I shouldn't have struggled so much with easy AI.

Attached are my log files after I finished the A1S1 race, and below is a video showing the start of the Cayenne and A1S1 races.

Attached Files:

• logs.7z
      File size:
      15.7 KB
      Views:

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, not all of the special events are well balanced, some are quite hard. And doing a start in an A1 against a Cayenne is just ridiculous.
    Well, starting in just about any street car is ridiculous compared to the Cayenne, since that thing goes off the line like a rocket.

3. St3fan

St3fan Alien

No I was racing the same car with the AI but my car feels no power. Check that video and see how long it takes my A1S1 to hit 60mph while AI are far off.

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, you're right, there is something wrong here. Looks a bit like you were braking while accelerating (I'm aware that there is the input app on screen, just stating what it looks like).
    Is it reproducible?

5. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

I just tried it. On "easy" I'm past almost all cars before the first chicane, and on "alien" I'm midpack after the first chicane.

I'd suggest verifying steam integrity to start with.

6. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Watch your gas pedal, maybe it doesn't apply 100%.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Look at the input app. ;)

8. Nvm

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  9. Berry

Berry Alien

Something's definitely broken, I had this with the brakes about 2 years ago, they would never actually go past 20-30% even though it was pressed right down to the floor, re-installed the game and it worked fine.Maybe try a Steam integrity test? :)

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hm, did you by accident (not sure if you can do that by accident) add ballast to your car using the ballast app?

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I remember a case of having the e-brake mapped wrong and was set to the gas pedal axis somehow.

Maybe remap all your inputs, if that doesn't help delete (or move to another folder) the controls.ini in 'Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg'. If even that fails, rename the 'Assetto Corsa' folder in Documents.

esox71 likes this.
  12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Problem solved! Apparently after I bought a new joystick as the handbrake I didn't set it up right so I was constantly on 50% handbrake. After I corrected that mistake I got that achievement extremely easily.
    So does that mean I did quite a few online races with handbrake on...? Or does the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup have no handbrake?

Minolin, Seria17hri11er and Berniyh like this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, (most) race cars don't have a handbrake. So it won't do anything.

Actually I thought about asking this, but I thought it's so absurd that that couldn't possibly be the case. Guess I was wrong. xD

St3fan likes this.
  14. Orne

Orne Alien

I had a similar problem, somehow the e brake was mapped to the paddle shift, every time I downshifted the brake was applied which caused the rear end to come around. Drove me nuts until I figured out what the heck was going on.. hahaha

gregack and Seria17hri11er like this.
  15. St3fan

St3fan Alien

In Dirt Rally it recognizes only the backward motion of the joystick as handbrake, so I did the same binding in AC. I was not aware that AC will use the entire range of that axis.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Take DIView and recalibrate the axis so that the minimum is in the middle. So that would basically create a big deadzone that includes all of the forward movement.

Then reassign both in AC and Dirt Rally and it should work as you intended.

17. St3fan

St3fan Alien

What is DIView ? Did a quick Googling and I think what I found was something different from what you said.

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

19. St3fan

St3fan Alien

20. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

With the last major update the Career mode was updated and I decided to go through it again. I found the first series more challenging then I remembered and then I went on to Novice I and I was having a tremendous struggle placing on the podium in any of the races. The cars I was driving simply didn't have speed on the straights and I was getting passed by everything.

Last night I noticed that Fanatec had updated firmware for the CSW V2 and so I installed it. Part of it involved calibrating the pedals.

I went back to the Career to check out the wheel and low and behold my lap times had dropped by over 4 seconds. I had no trouble completing the level.

My conclusion is that my pedals had lost calibration and the throttle couldn't go to 100%.

Sim rigs are pretty complex toys and it is possible for elements to get out of calibration and cause problems. I learned my lesson and will try to remember to check calibration every so often particularly if I begin to experience performance problems.