1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic The Nissan Skyline R34

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nueleu, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Nueleu

Nueleu Rookie

Hi, Devs

I just hope u add more variants for the car Nissan Skyline R34 because i realize that the jdm pack offers a lot of variants of some cars except the skyline and some other cars too. So i hope that in the future you can add variants like the v-spec II or the limited edition z-tune because i really love this car and your work of making cars identical to real life is impressive!!! Please consider it:)

Nueleu

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Nissan Skyline R34 Drift Workshop Drifting on Bihoku Highland and Magione Oct 7, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Nissan skyline downshift protection May 12, 2017
    XBox One Discussions The Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Oct 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nissan Skyline - the car from hell Aug 14, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues nissan_skyline_r34 template doesn't fit Jun 17, 2016
    3D car models Nissan Skyline KPGC110 Jan 31, 2016
    3D car models Nissan skyline pgc10 "hakosuka" Aug 13, 2015
    3D car models Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) V-Spec - Official Content Apr 19, 2015
    Screens & Videos Video nissan skyline gt-r34 jgtc Feb 25, 2015
    3D car models [wip] nissan skyline r32 gt-r Oct 25, 2014
    Liveries Assetto corsa: upgrade system (nissan skyline r34) Sep 8, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Nissan skyline Aug 1, 2014
    3D car models Nissan skyline r32 Jul 20, 2014
    3D car models [wip] nissan skyline r33 gt-r Jul 13, 2014
    3D car models Nissan skyline c-10 gtr Jul 9, 2014

3. Kunos asked, Nissan said no. :(

Dookie and esox71 like this.
  4. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

Its a shame really as the car sounds so cool.

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Rather then different versions of the 34 I would much rather see the 32 and 33 GTR's. I own the 32 GTR and would love to compare :)

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Different real life versions from Nissan/NISMO (like the V-Spec II, etc.) would be up to Kunos licensing them. It's the tuned Step/Stage versions by Kunos that their licensing agreement with Nissan disallows apparently.

7. Nueleu

Nueleu Rookie

Agree would like to see other skyline generations too but my favourite is still the r34:)

8. Astral_Magi

Astral_Magi Rookie

So basically we will never have a drift tuned Nissan? Seems kinda suspicious to me, almost like Kunos makes up excuses to avoid certain content...

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If you think so.

They've specifically mentioned in Stefano Casillo's liverstreams that it's not possible with their licence with Nissan and that they intend doing tuned versions whenever the licences allow and they have time for it. And they've added quite a few variants across the car roster, including the Japanese Pack that included the R34 Skyline GT-R. But if you think they're just making up excuses, your call.

Reinart86, Dookie and Protoduct like this.
  10. Astral_Magi

Astral_Magi Rookie

It's just a hunch, especially if he said if they have time for it. The problem is there is only 5 cars for drifting on 2 tracks, imagine if racers could only drive 5 cars on 2 tracks they'd go mad. I do race a little as well but prefer to drift as I do IRL and I find it more entertaining and challenging on wheel. I just find it very odd they come out with a japanese pack and the only driftable cars are 2 toyotas. No nissans with drift tunes seems very odd as they are the most popular cars for drifting. I'm sure it's possible there could be a licensing issue, but a lot of these so called licensing issues I've only seen AC claiming to have problems with. I just wouldn't put it past the devs to claim they have inside info that the community could never confirm as fact that prevents them from making certain content that they don't want to spend time on.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

There are several guys at Kunos Simulazioni that seem to be into drifting and do it in real life. I'm sure they'd want to include as many tuned variants of cars as you'd like to have. Just easier said than done.

12. Astral_Magi

Astral_Magi Rookie

I wasn't aware of that. Sure would be nice to have some more cars to drift thats for sure, the rx7 tuned has a crazy rev limiter that sounds more realistic (for a tuned engine with high power) than others, the supra sounds a bit lackluster on limiter. The rx7 would be a good car to have a drift tune on as well, maybe there is less licensing issues there since they were able to make a tuned version... I just think 5 driftable cars out of 90 something cars is a bit light on content and the track availability for drifting is very limited as well, I'm hoping custom/private lobbies allow us to drift on whatever track we want like Silverstone gp and the new red bull gp

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well.
    a) You can drift pretty much any car.
    b) There are also plenty of powerful cars and step/stage versions with tuning making them better suited for drifting. Specific drift versions of cars in AC: BMW M3 E30 Drift, BMW M3 E92 Coupé Drift, BMW Z4 E89 sDrive35is Drift, Mazda RX-7 FD Spirit R Type A Tuned, Toyota AE-86 Drift, Toyota JZA80 Supra Drift. Makes six ignoring all the other tuned, stage and step versions. I know on console the car description seem to be missing that tell you what changed in those versions but there's definitely plenty to drive and drift with.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be more tuned versions of cars, I'm just saying "5 driftable cars out of 90 something cars" isn't the case at all.

14. Astral_Magi

Astral_Magi Rookie

I disagree with a lot of what you are presuming here. Aside from that there are only 5 driftable online cars on 2 tracks, thats my main point and i suppose it went right over your head. If you consider less than stock steering angle on cars like the rx7 tuned to be quality fun to drift on a wheel then you do not have any idea what drifting is about, we need drift tuned cars with increased steering angle thats the whole premise of me saying a car is "driftable". Being able to drive it online and it being able to perform as well as the other drift lobby cars. You will never out drift me in a drift tuned supra if you are in the race tuned supra its simple logic. Thats like saying a gt2 car can fairly be in a formula 1 race and compete on equal footing

15. Protoduct

Protoduct Hardcore Simmer

Well Assetto is still a racing simulator. Did you know that?

16. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Didn't know that...seems quite strange since in other games Nissan models can be tuned and upgraded, even to the extreme as in "The Crew".
    Hopefully these restrictions aren't a sign of a "poor" relationship between them and Kunos, as there's plenty of street and racing models that could make the car list even better.

Astral_Magi likes this.
  17. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

I bet you can modify pretty much every license agreement with money. But as a small team they have to think economically. Wasn't there a talk about different Skyline versions by the guy who did the mod that was then bought by Kunos?

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  18. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

i wasn't aware of this circumstance. so is it like the miura, cobra etc. ?

19. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

Kind of. Cobra and Miura were finished mods that were free to download. Kunos bought them and gave released them as bonus content. The Skyline Mod was not finished (3D Model was close to be ready I think) when Kuno bought it.

Here is the thread if you wnt to look for information on other versions (No idea on which page though :D)

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...yline-gt-r-r34-v-spec-official-content.23341/

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  20. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

Thanks for the info!
    Unfortunately I cant read that thread (i don't have a steam license)

21. Chreos

Chreos Gamer

Would be nice to see the Falken Motorsport livery on the Skyline as from the 24h race on the Nurburgring.