1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic [Off-Topic] Dirt Rally wheel settings? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Snowman38, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Just wondering if anybody has a good set up for the FFB and wheel settings in Dirt Rally.

I know it's not AC, but I trust the opinion of most of you guys who love the AC FFB so much, and the physics, that you felt the need to join this forum. Thank you!

Also, can too strong force feedback ruin your wheel?

Note: I have a t300rs

Thanks in advance.

Hammerpgh and vegaguy 5555 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room [Off-Topic] - Help with Google Chrome Oct 29, 2016
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars no smoke or dirt anymore? Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Dirt-effects on cars and windscreens Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dirt build up 992 Cup Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No dirty screen/screen reflection effect when overcast? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No Dirt on Cars Mar 11, 2021
    Chit Chat Room AC is like Dirt Rally May 31, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Dirt etc Mar 7, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars camera dirt effect Nov 17, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.0.10] Dirt on drivers eyes/cockpit camera Sep 19, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Rubber-in and front screen dirt buildup question. Aug 4, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dirt on the cars varies from track to track! Jun 15, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars maybe "too much" dirt? Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Dirty racers/wreckers Apr 12, 2019

3. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Know nothing about Dirt, Really - maybe one of these days I'll give it a go.

What I'll say about the wheel though is only my impression, with nothing empirical to support my view. I like strong FFB and killed a Thrustmaster TX 458 after only 4 months of regular use. I suspect it could have been due to the stress I imposed on it. Since then, I've been using a G920, which rattles and whines like an old Panzer but still lives healthily to this point (more than 1 year and half of heavy artillery).

My point is that, although I think Thrustmaster wheels feel much better than the G 'Panzer Tank' wheels, they seem to bit more on the fragile side and I suspect heavy FFB could impair them. But again, that's only speculation based on the experience I had.

4. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

I respect that point of view. Thank you. I assume the same.

5. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I have a TMX (T150 equivalent), so I can give you what I have, but probably won't get to look at it until at least tomorrow. From What I recall, I went with these recommended settings and then tweaked the weight a bit as notes in the article: http://xboxracingpro.com/dirt-rally-racing-wheel-settings-for-thrustmaster-steering-wheels/

to be honest, I find most games to be too heavy with FFB. I get that a vintage race car on really big tires with manual steering will be heavy at slow speeds, but most games feel artificially heavy to me. I find the Vibration at 100% and tweaking FFB strength usually works well (Assetto Corsa is of couse a bit different).

I need to play some more DiRT Rally. I had a terrible time the first few goes at the game and put it up on the shelf. Played through a good bit of SRLE, some PCars and Assetto Corsa, but pulled Dirt Rally down to show my nephew the other day and was surprised how much easier it was this time (it really really begs for an external handbrake though). Funny thing is that I was the same way with Colin McRae 2.0 and then Colin McRae 04 back in the day. Both were terrible the first go around then much better when I went back to them.

Oh, but there is the issue of Pikes Peak.... Can't run it in DiRT Rally at all without crashing every other turn. Someday I will get there.

Snowman38 likes this.
  6. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

When you start driving Dirt Rally is like to lesen wealking. I would consider you just to live with the fact that the ffb would be Not as strong as for example in AC. It is also harder to find the exact ffb settings or also the wheel settings because a Rally car react pretty different when you drive it on a normal Terrain track like in Germany or you drive it on a Dirt Track like in Finnland.

7. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

When you start driving Dirt Rally is like to learn walking. I would consider you just to live with the fact that the ffb would be Not as strong as for example in AC. It is also harder to find the exact ffb settings or also the wheel settings because a Rally car react pretty different when you drive it on a normal Terrain track like in Germany or you drive it on a Dirt Track like in Finnland.

8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I love Dirt Rally!!

It might have something to do with driving highway tractor pulling two trailers through logging roads in the Rockies in North America. I couldn't believe how good those trucks handled.

Dirt Rally has a good feel I think. My Fanatec v2 set up for AC feels spot on here. Sorry I can't give any tips.

I guess comparing a video game to a truck isn't the nicest complement. Sorry.

I did burn out my v1. Although it had a bad reputation.

mtbwa1 and Snowman38 like this.
  9. SwissWeed

SwissWeed Gamer

Hello - love Dirt Rally :D

try this..
    (i dont know if the T300 is up to 1080 degrees.. i drive with a TX [900 degrees]

Steering Deadzone 0%
    Saturation 60% (!! only if u set ur wheel to 900 !!)
    Linearity 0
    Throttle Deadzone %
    Saturation 100%
    Brake Deadzone 0%
    Saturation 100%
    Clutch Deadzone 20%
    Saturation 100%
    Soft Lock "off" (sorry for those who miss it in AC)
    Center Steering "on"

VIBRATION & FEEDBACK
    Self aligning torque 45%
    Wheel Friction 55%
    Tyre Friction 55%
    Suspension 55%
    Tyre Slip 65%
    Engine 55%
    Collision 45%
    Soft Lock 45%
    Steering Center Force 50%

try it and have fun!

Keep on racing

Rampage8993 and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  10. SwissWeed

SwissWeed Gamer

Maybe.. try it on asphalt (germany) and tune it a bit for others ✌

11. Manu8019

Manu8019 Gamer

hey i got all thrutmaster fbbs ill show , its a copy paste from thrustmaster

Thrustmaster tips about the FFB, i followed these tips step by step and it works perfectly, very good FFB settings !!!!!!!

DiRT RALLY on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One TIPS:

Force Feedback settings Thrustmaster Wheels.

About the Rotation Angle, in OPTIONS / CONTROLS / ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS

To optimize the gameplay, we recommend you to:

Step 1) Access to CALIBRATE DEVICE and calibrate the steering wheel:

# 1080° for T150, T300 & T500 wheels

# 900° for TX Wheels

Step 2) Activate SOFT LOCK option.

Once the process is completed, the wheel Lock will be automatically adjusted to your cars.

Remark: To match the same ratio as the cockpit view go to OPTIONS / PREFENCES / COCKPIT DRIVER & WHEEL then select WHEEL ONLY

About the Force Feedback, go to OPTIONS / CONTROLS / VIBRATION & FEEDBACK

To optimize the general feeling, you can try these settings:

# VIBRATION & FEEDBACK = On

# SELF ALIGNING TORQUE = 125 % for T150 - 95 % for T500 % - 125 % for T300 % - 77 % for TX

• Self Aligning Torque is one of the most important setting

• You can reduce this setting (not too much to keep related effects) for recent cars with small rotation angle or for dirt tracks

• You can increase this setting (not too much to avoid wheel clipping) for old cars with big rotation angle or for ice tracks or snow tracks

# WHEEL FRICTION = 0% for T150 & T500 - 15 % for T300 & TX (keeping low the Wheel Friction setting is important to avoid not natural friction on the wheel)

# TYRE FRICTION = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX

# SUSPENSION = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX

# TYRE SLIP = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX

# ENGINE = 100% for T150 – 90% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX

# COLLISION = 125% for T150 – 100% for T500 - 150 % for T300 & TX

# SOFT LOCK = 150 % for all wheels

# STEERING CENTER FORCE = 100 % for all wheels

Fell free to share our settings to the racing community

12. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I set mine up using Thrustmaster's recommended settings and it's so much better now. Still can't get the in game wheel to match up 1:1 with my T300 though but it's fine from dashboard view.

13. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

I can't tell you my settings off the top of my head but will look next time I fire up the game.

One thing I will say though in relation to this game is that I feared it would be a wheel breaker due to the very fast changes of direction this form of driving game requires and as a result I have driven it sparingly. In terms of FFB I have reduced mine some to try to minimise any excessive stress on the wheel. That said I really loved the game the last couple of times I drove it and find it really exhilarating... especially Pikes Peak that one of the previous posters here mentioned.

I agree though that a separate handbrake is really needed as using a button on the wheel makes it very difficult to judge properly and definitely slows me down.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

14. Manu8019

Manu8019 Gamer

Mauler try , Steering saturation 40% and steering linearity -6 with fbb i posted

Mauler_77 likes this.
  15. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Keep at it. Dirt rally is extremely difficult, but it's a ball when when you finally master it, and the sense of satisfaction is impossible to get from any other racing sim, for me anyway.

The biggest difference between dirt rally and a circuit racing sim is sense of intensity; you are constantly on the ragged edge and you can bin it any second. In fact, when I switch from DR to a circuit racing sim, everything feels as though it's happening in slow motion. It is very draining mentally and even physically, especially when playing with a wheel and a manual gearbox.

Hammerpgh and Kembro like this.
  16. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Dirt Rally is great. I just don't have enough time to play all the games I want to. I also managed to pick up Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo really cheap and wiphile it's not quite as polished as DR, it has a lot of content and the asphalt stages are Suberbird and intense. My TMX got pretty warm after running a 6 stage rally though.

Luke7, vegaguy 5555 and Hammerpgh like this.
  17. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Dirt Rally, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. I think I'm logging in more hours then when I was driving truck.:p

I have to say DR worked good right out of the box.

Luke7 and Kembro like this.
  18. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Love DR and AC equally and have enjoyed both since console release. These two were the reason I upgraded to PS4 and have not looked back. Seb Loeb is tempting though but as others have said, just no time.

vegaguy 5555 and Luke7 like this.
  19. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Indeed, finding time is the problem. There is so much to do; you can run virtually endless permutations in terms of the order of the stages, the time of day and weather conditions and of course different cars.

Plus the stages are so rich in terms of the landscape, the topographical detail, the cambers, the surface variations etc. and it takes so much to get it all right from a driving point of view.

Can't wait for a Dirt 2, or whatever it will be called.

20. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I couldn't find those settings yesterday after searching for them for ages online, then, low and behold, you posted them up here! Thanks man.

Manu8019 likes this.
  21. The only thing i changed in Dirt rally is the steering Saturation and it works awesome between 35 - 45% the rest is perfect in my case ;)

Edit: I use T300

Daz730, vegaguy 5555 and paul_wev like this.