1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Console Customer Support Info

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Jan 30, 2017.

1. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi! Unfortunately not. Simply because we have a Customer Support system in place that ensures that every single ticket gets responded to. On the forums, it's incredibly difficult to ensure everyone gets a response. Hope you understand!

SlimCharles likes this.
  2. Davi2877

Davi2877 Gamer

Hi First .
    I don't think it's only a problem with ac and savegame but I think it's a general issue of the Xbox because if you look at the whole web there are many game with this issue and I don't think that every Xbox user have problems with ac savegame that's my opinion .

RoccoTTS likes this.
  3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Had a reply of 505 games last night about save game issues asking a few questions. Didn't tell me to uninstall or to clear the local game cache, there is a problem with it and are working on a fix. A bit of luck we might be getting somewhere now after 6 months.

MBK72 likes this.
  4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Yes other games have had issues with cloud save, those games also fixed the issue quickly.
    All of our race comunity have got this issue. Some have it with career and car setups, all have it with setups. I think it just depends when the sync error appears.

A simple bit of Q/A would have bought this issue up, because most of us have had it from day one.

MBK72 likes this.
  5. Davi2877

Davi2877 Gamer

Can it be that ms and ks have to investigate together for resolve this issue and not only ks. I think it's a bit unfair to claim about ks in such a manor like some Xbox user here in , when other games have had the same issue on Xbox?

6. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

If you are having a problem with all your cloud games then you might be right, I'd still suggest speaking to Xbox Support before you take the 'delete all' action.

Can you explain why I and the many other Xbox gamers I know have no issues with any games other than AC, including the synchronisation heavy Cross-Play games where they have to synchronise across platforms each time we switch platforms? If so I'll pass the message on to Xbox support.

7. Davi2877

Davi2877 Gamer

Can you explain why I and the many other Xbox gamers I know have no issues with any games other than AC, including the synchronisation heavy Cross-Play games where they have to synchronise across platforms each time we switch platforms? If so I'll pass the message on to Xbox support.

Well first because they are fixed and second it think it's inevitable
    Well first because they are fixed and second I think it's inevitable because I don't think that so many devs are unable to Programming right

MBK72 likes this.
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

As mbk said forza horizon and gears of war are cross play no issues there. The only time this issue comes up is 3rd party games, and again these issues are patched and fixed straight away.
    Is it ks fault, of course it is, it's there game, it's there problem to sort out, it should have been picked up before release in q/A, if it got through Q/A, ok happens sometimes. Then it's been bought up in here in first week of release, people have been banging on about it in here for 6 months, people have raised tickets with 505 games, so kunos knew there were issues with it. 6 months to say we're aware of the problem and working on it is unacceptable, but at least it's now been listed as an issue and hopefully mended in next patch.

MBK72 and HAZEYNIGHTS like this.
  9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I submitted a ticket about save data corruption, had email back answered questions, got reply back there is a problem devs working on it to fix, all very good.
    Just checked again to see if any further questions and it says "this ticket has been resolved". It's far from being resolved it's still broken.
    What sort of bug reporting system is this, we don't know what bugs have already been reported, what bugs are currently being worked on, time scale for fix.
    This current system is a joke. Why isn't there a sticky thread one for Xbox and another for PlayStation, locked of course so we can't put input on it, solely for A/C 505 to update add to.
    We don't know what has been reported already, what is fixed, what isn't fixed. We don't know if we're wasting our time and yours by putting tickets in your already aware of.
    If we find a bug in game, we check your list, if it's on the list ok we know your aware of it, if not we report it. How simple is that.
    I understand on the pc side of forum customers have direct access to a lot more info of devs who are working on fixes and a lot easier way of direct reporting of bugs to them.
    So pc gets the full game, it also gets the full bug reporting system with regular updates, while us console users get half the game, no direct access to devs on bug reporting, and some rubbish system of reporting bugs with no updates. Blimey us console users really are second class citizens on A/C.

10. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi - Firstly, you matter to us! :) Also, thank you for your feedback - We'll look into how we can improve the support you guys receive!

ppbucko and paul_wev like this.
  11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

That would be most appreciated.

12. As a new player, i'm clearly afraid.

(I'm french so my english is not perfect sorry by advance)

I want to bring an example : Tommorow i want to buy a TV. The TV works fine on it's first purpose : watching TV.
    But when i want to plug my Xbox, it does not work well, all features are not working etc etc.

First reaction is to check is all fine, but it appears it's coming from the TV, so i call the after selling service (it's just a french translation, i'm sure all will understand).
    And their answer: our teams are working on it. Erm sorry? I'm not sure to understand, it means that you sell a devices that "partly works". Plus i see that an other device works fine, is very full of features etc.

So, no, there are no excuses from AC, 505, Lord Voldemort or something. AC is EXACLTY the same as TDU2 was. A ****ing very good concept, but a ****ing pre alpha thing.

Why not wait 6 months more, before launch AC on consoles? Because of money? it helps to grow the company? so do not annonce that it will be "as close as it can to the PC version".

Is that complicated to develop a solid base game, wihtout bugs (or minor ones) and then launch it?

If i say that, it's not to be that guy who's complaining. But to show how new players can behave and react.

Here is just fans, who are really interested in the game, but the guy (as i was when i buy it) who just thinks it self "it looks nice" and found all thoses issues will resell the game or do not play with it (many of my Xbox friend told me to not buy it, for many reasons).

I'm more thinking in a commercial and perenial point of view than a angry customer (i don't care of the saves etc, i just do the challenges from graveltrapp and enjoy 911's).

HAZEYNIGHTS likes this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I believe when it says that the ticket has been resolved it means that the comunication with the 505 support is finished (the guy from 505 has already comunicated to the team the problem).

I agree I would prefer support in the forums, although I would like it would have some rules like no discussions in that thread and obligatory to show the bug in a video or so in order to make the work easy to the devs.

ppbucko likes this.
  14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Yes... Forum Support or tickets support.. But the same for all the users..

A pinned tread with all issues and bugs listed and statuses from them would also be grateful and useful information for the users..

About a "obligatory" video when reporting a bug or issue...is no sense.
    You simply cannot obligate a person to open a youtube account..
    Can it be helpful sometimes... Yes.

But better is when reporting a specific issue or bug is writing step to step to recreate the issue/bug..

But like i said... First at all a pinned tread with the known issue and bugs from PS4 & XBOX One list, and the state of each of them.
    So we all win time knowing if we have to report or not

ppbucko likes this.
  15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You have a point there. If not a video, some kind of restriction in order that the reporting is legit. For example, it happened to me that I thought there was a sound bug in the game, I posted the video but some user told me it wast a bug, it was sound turbulence. If I would not upload the video, the determination that what I thought was a bug it wasn't, would have been more difficult without the video.

I created this thread with a list open for edition to everybody https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bug-list-video-required.41336/

Donnced2 and ppbucko like this.
  16. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

This.
    /thread

SlimCharles, Donnced2 and ppbucko like this.
  17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

That's what I was suggesting, we still put tickets in to 505 if that's what's required.
    We then don't know anything from that stage onwards, also other players don't know the issue is already known. Hey we don't even know if 505 escalate it to devs.
    What I'm asking for is a locked thread which only A/C 505 or devs can post on.
    A simple list one for Xbox another for PlayStation.
    When they receive tickets and confirm there's a bug it then gets put on list until There's a patch to fix it. Then gets removed.
    It keeps us informed on what's wrong and stops us wasting 505 times just repeating them selfs.
    This is supposed to be the official support forum after all.

Donnced2, ZX636 and HAZEYNIGHTS like this.
  18. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

19. @P73

@P73 Simracer

I think a video really helps when deciding what is and what isn't a bug, as SlimCharles puts it. Alternatively to YouTube, people could also load their videos and share them through Google Drive (or any other similar option). If someone finds it really impossible to load a video, they could just report their finding here (via text only) so other user may check it out and upload a video, if they find the problem really exists.

By the way, I want to thank you @Donnced, @ppbucko, @ZX636 and @SlimCharles for all your nice inputs regarding this game; in my opinion, you are about the only guys on the console side of the forum who are able to put across your critical views in a productive and building up style, obviously interested in improving the game you like.

Some seem to think @SlimCharles is too forgiving some times, but we can't forget he has been all too willing to help squashing the bugs (he has even started a nice thread aimed at that). Thank you fellows for actively helping improve things without ever resorting to CAPITALS, rants or funny good-for-nothing assertions. Good job! I hope the great game gets even greater through the efforts of people like you.

20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

First at all,thanks for the the words.

Much appreciated, and of course we all want to see a great Assetto in console as it is on PC.
    Lets hope the team achieve it!

Second,yes,like i replied to @SlimCharles, a video can help in a bug report, but hasn't to be "obligatory".

See you! ;)

svenvangent, ZX636, ppbucko and 2 others like this.