1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fanatec's Direct Drive Wheel Coming in 2017!

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by BlazingGlory53, Feb 9, 2017.

1. smw33, Ischemica, vilivili and 2 others like this.

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thanks for sharing! This will be interesting to see how it plays out. I cant imagine how the dude that started the thread felt like when he got that answer, lol. Nice times ahead!

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It's an interesting development but, not a surprise either. Fanatec has a good place in the market - right between the entry level and high-end gear and some of their product-features can be very appealing and still, affordable for some. If they can manage to sell a DD-wheel between the $700-1050 range, they could occupy that gap that currently exists quite nicely. If they can get close to the AF specs (I imagine that being a target), that could really be hard for many to resist.

paul_wev likes this.
  4. stryder

stryder Rookie

Thanks for posting, appreciate the update!

I noticed the $170 price reduction on the Fanatec australia site for the v2 base today and I was close to pulling the trigger but this news made me consider holding off. I suspect the v2 may either be discounted further later in the year or hopefully the V3 price increase over the v2 is reasonable enough to justify going to a DD.

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

IMO, if the V3/DD can achieve specs close to the AF, then it would easily be worth the cost until it gets to AF territory. The benefits of DD are significant enough to justify a lot IMO. :)

If the specs and price are too close to the AF, then I'd say the AF holds an advantage due to the inclusion of SimCommander. I don't see Fanatec creating a similar package to SC4; it stands out among wheel and tactile / motion software. If one already has SC4, then the cost of any AF can be reduced by $90 and that puts the DIY-AF at $820 (+tax/S&H). Of course, in either case - we have to consider the wheel/shifter/button box cost as well but, at least that is flexible based on preferences and budget.

6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Anyone heard any more news on this? Interwebs seems to have gone quiet since news came out in Feb.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The last bit I read (iRacing) from Thomas stated that the new system development still has a long way to go.

Rolz likes this.
  8. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

That purpose built motor approach sounds tempting, although I predict lots of product recalls, given the history of Fanatec.:p
    But fingers crossed.:)

Andrew_WOT, hristo1026 and Fat-Alfie like this.
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Fanatec are saying there will be multiple versions so I suspect that means at least one that is competitively priced for the current entry-level DD-systems. There is certainly room for optimization in the DD-system design being that much of the current offerings are borrowed from the CNC industry but, they still have to compete with the base version of the OSW /SimuCube and reduced pricing of the AccuForce V2 systems in terms of cost / torque and durability. Fanatec has the advantage of having an established user-base / hardware options / features / broad game & system support.

12. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I'd better start saving... :D