1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.12 discussion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Georg Siebert, Feb 14, 2017.

1. I tend to agree with Magzire. The standard and Long tracks could have done with a few more tight turns, so that the more powerful cars do not have so much of an advantage against slower, but more nimble cars.

AlleyViper likes this.
  2. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Timed races -> Great addition to AC. GT3, DTM, Lemans are timed races. Hope to see them online. The door is open for endurance racing with pits.
    Highlands -> Great track made for the ones that feel the passion of driving. IRL I search for places like that.
    Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 group B rally car -> Disappointed; handles like a Project Cars Vehicle. So predictable and docile. This car would want to kill it's driver yet it is domesticated. A cat in a lion's body.
    Still have to try the new v10 tyre wear algorithms.

3. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I feel like the new track is more like Black Cat County 2.0, but with a different setting and none of those awfully annoying turn signs.

Seems that whoever is designing the tracks has a *very* clear preference for what they like. Very few slow sections and lots of really long corners with long straight-ish sections in between, meaning you're always arriving at these long corners from a high speed.

While I do like them, they do feel a bit one-dimensional. And for the length, I'd really like to have more than two sectors.

speedbee and AccAkut like this.
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Drove the MP4-12C (road), feels much better with the V10 tyres, but rear temps seem to run quite low.

Fronts are 80°C or above while the rears keep being under 70°C. Tried it on RBR with a setup from Barcelona and the rear pressures are about 2psi too low. The setup had correct pressures with V7. :cool:
    iirc with V7's the front ran a bit cold and the rear on optimum.

5. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

more algorithms tweaked?

shouldn't the lack of anything to do or the cruddy not worth racing against ai actually be getting fixed instead of tweaking pointless values????

6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

No.
    Those pointless values make a great sim. If you want a game there are lots to choose from.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

About the audi sport quattro s1 e2, you aren't racing on tight rally stages with roads that are anything but tarmac. So to what real example are you comparing the difficulty of the car? If the car was so difficult (professional driver wise) then how did they win so many championships, if the car wanted to kill it's driver at every corner...

AurusCE and Mogster like this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Tried the GTA at Monza Junior so far. Phew! I was worried it was going to be really different but it's still the same fun, angry little wasp. It seems to understeer either more or in a different way to before but it is still great fun :D Now time to try the V10 SV tyres...

9. M96

M96 Racer

I suggest you to try 1M + Highlands Short, really really fun combo imho.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Huh?

AmorFati likes this.
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

Those crazy Americans! Not known for overkill on their road signs. ;)

[​IMG]

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Cobra couldn't be more different under braking! It used to lock up easily now (with 61% front) I can't lock the brakes at all in a straight line, they do seem rather grabby though, it locked up on me entering a couple of turns at Silverstone67

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I tried the F40 and it didnt scare me as much as it used to with street tyres. It felt "floaty" too. I forgot to "verify integrity of game cache" though which I usually do because the FFB tend to feel different otherwise.. But the fear wasnt there, with or without FFB. I didnt push it, just drove it like I use to so the driving style wasnt different. Can someone else try it and say what u think?

Also, its just to push down the brake on Alfa Romeo 155 now. The downside to using that instead of BMW or Mercedes is now gone.

edit: I dont see any changes that could have done that to Alfa Romeo so why is that? :/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Here are my two cents:

Highlands Track - The first thing I did after the update was to take the KTM X-Bow out on the regular layout. Good lord is that fun! That car suits that track so well, and the V10s make the KTM even more alive! The long layout is nice with the old breed of locked-diff-1000-HP-never-heard-of-steering rockets. Reminds me of the olden day F1 tracks like Spa 66 or Rouen-L'Essarts. One or two slow turns outsiode the village would have been nice to have though. The short layout is fun with little bee-like cars :) The Drift layout is fun too, although not for me - everything that primarily goes sideways is my mortal enemy, quite literally. Which brings me to...

The Audi quattro S1 E2 - That thing hates me. A lot. I suck immensly at drifting, and as drifting the Audi is the only (fast) way around a corner I don't tend to be very fast in the Audi... yet. I had tons of fun with the Audi on Semetin and Peyregrosse regardless, but still have a awful lot to learn.

It's very good to see all the cars on V10 tries - I don't think there are any left on V7s, are there? The tweaks to the v10 model are subtle, but I think I can feel a slight difference when driving, but it my also be placebo with my old wheel. I hope for timed races to make it to single player some day (like pitstops did).

DO the tewaks to the v10 tires also influence mod cars with v10 tires, or is that something modders have to implement?

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Audi E2 is so crazy. But I think it should be driven on grips under 90%. It loves this lower grip + left foot braking - SO GOOD. Something new for sure, it is harder to countersteer because FFB is different, but somehow haven't had so much tankslappers. Except on higher grip, I don't think that it was meant to go sideways on fine grip surfaces.

The Highlands seems to be awesome track. As always I find most of the track "numb" for the first laps, it gets better within each lap, it happens with every totally new track. I love Quattro on short layout and under 90% grip. It feels how it should feel. Scandinavian flicks and Left Foot Braking, yeah !

16. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Updates on the tire model feels like they implemented the AC Pro version. While racing 90% of the concentration is now focused on what the tires are doing. Better flow.

detoit likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Isnt AC pro pretty much the same thing as the game, except they make cars specific to their customers?

AccAkut likes this.
  18. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Does anybody know what the new "online cut reporting" change is all about?

coret3x likes this.
  19. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Took my McLaren F1 GTR around Spa for 10 laps. Loved it so much I drove another 5. Loved that so much I refueled to 80 liters and drove until I had to go pick up my son.

God damn, I love this game.

AurusCE, D1visor, TDS and 6 others like this.
  20. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

funny looking american place names there ;)

NightEye, mister dog, TDS and 6 others like this.