1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.12 discussion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Georg Siebert, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Free update, V10 tires for all, that's awesome.
    And thanks for the new FREE track! Still.. Highlands track doesn't turn me on. I tried regular and long versions. Long straights, long banked corners, wide road. Maybe it's because I prefer more twisty roads, but I find mods like Miseluk, Tajo hillclimb, Pacific Coast, Concept-1, Lake Louise more fun to drive. Next time just make Miseluk official.. Also first thing I did was trying the new Audi on Highlands and I don't feel the car is at home there. That car needs tough streets. Anyways I'll give it more time in the weekend.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    lemax and djtopa like this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

lol.. "Fix it!" wouldnt be a bad name for a real hardware store tbh.

mister dog, deni80s and aphidgod like this.
  3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Its my birthday today. Thanks for the gift, Kunos! ;)

AurusCE, Diablo_rf, LeDude83 and 5 others like this.
  4. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

The long layout is very fun in a powerful car. Take that loooong straight in a Ruf at full boost and its more scary than any corner. Topped out at 336 km/h so far, no problems to slap those fancy modern cars back to their airconditioned garages.

And we got all of this for free :)

AurusCE, Schnipp and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

The penalty thing seems weird, got some real frustrating penalties just for dodging crashers. Didnt cut the track at all, quite the opposite.
    The cars feel absolutely amazing tho!

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Okay, so I just had a go on Highlands Short with the Abarth 500 AC - that was a blast; that's a combo worth trying. :D

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah. the short layout is really great in my opinion too. I don't recommend racing there online in servers where people don't know. They just don't know, and will ruin your MR very quickly there. But close racing is amazing there.

It has been quite a while since AC has stuttered. But it stuttered again an a lot with full grid at the short layout. Gonna buy better computer one day :D

Took F40 out of garage, on its new V10 street tires. Seems like heating and ideal pressures are different now. And in interesting way. I wonder if it will be possible to match ideal pressures and optimal temperatures.

8. Loving the short layout for quick races - and I have to say it, the Transit is home at last there. It rides the kerbs like nothing else, and irons out the cobblestones so much you don't even know its there!

Just had a hilarious 5 lap AI race from the back, utter chaos ensued. You end up tailgating the guy in front (like a real van driver :p), but because the van is so big, you can't see the bloody corners! Too much fun :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I don't wan't to be criticizing anything, especially in the release day, but find cobble stones road feel not immersive, also manholes. Can't really tell. Also Cobble stones should have less grip, but I think whole track has less grip, so maybe it is ok with grip. But cobble stone should be even more slippery, and shaky, and manholes should tell you that they exists, I think even best quality manholes gives some kick through the steering.

The Ford is surprising me, by the way, really nice.

Xenix likes this.
  10. Perhaps, but tbh I'm kinda glad they're not more shakey, I don't want my G27 rattling more than it needs to :p And I think there is less grip on the cobbled areas - very noticeable in some cars.

Personally, I don't see why the cobblestone are there in the first place, seems very strange for a two lane road. The only cobblestone roads up here are pedestrianised anyway because they are usually narrow and have high crowns/camber, here it looks brand new and nice and flat.

But regardless of how authentic it is, I think its a great wee track for racing, and suits the low powered street cars very well, so I'm super happy.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  11. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I like it, some details seem different even more than listed in the changelog, might be Placebo going strong with me, though.

Maybe the Folks @ Kunos should head into "The Strong Powers" now, trying to relax a little after pulling this one off 2 weeks before we (at least speaking for me) expected it!

Thank you @KS, some real goodies for us!

TDS and Dean Ogurek like this.
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, I like the Highland tracks much better than BCC and the short version is a hoot with the under-powered cars; I wouldn't mind a little longer version of it either.

I do think the grip level is lower on the cobblestone, I notice it more with reduced turn-in response and I like the diversity it offers; great fun.

Does anyone else notice a change in the Drive-train behavior? I'm noticing more RPM variation over bumps than I did before; could be placebo . . . :)

13. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Yes cobblestones have next to no grip, at least not the ones I've driven, easily spin up in 3rd from low revs in my no torque Honda

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  14. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Nice to have an extra track, but after a quick spin i probably wont be racing in scotland too much

15. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I drove the new Audi Grp B around Vallelunga for a handful of laps. Brilliant sounds. Beautifully recreated interior. Did I mention the awesome sounds? :D Man...That thing is a beast. No wonder that car was so dominant in the early/mid 80s.

So far, I have only completed 3 laps around the long Highlands layout. I absolutely love it. All three laps were in my Lamborghini Miura and I had a blast. I wouldn't want the long course any different. It reminds me perfectly of a country road with the long straights and the sweeping turns. If it doesn't turn ya on because you want more quicker & tighter turns the good news is Transfagarasan is turning into a gorgeous mod track and it's a very demanding road. I can't wait to try the F40 & Cobra on this longer layout later tonight. :)

V10 tires on everything is a dream come true. The Miura felt superb...both in the way it handled the high speed run and I really liked the way the brake pedal felt. It's a 1960s car, it should feel like a 1960s car when braking. I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface with this update. What I have seen thus far, however, is very encouraging.

mister dog and vilivili like this.
  16. gauciolr

gauciolr Rookie

Thanks Kunos !!!
    You have heard me I had asked for a apgrade free after spending Porsche.
    And you have done very well thank you thank you

The new track is really fun the Audi I have yet to test.
    the first impression is the one which always as a way of driving is more challenging

One thing I have noticed little lag before slamming into walls :)

Anyway it is a great driving simulator thanks again for the commitment that you will always put

17. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

This latest release with v10 on all cars is amazing!

Anyone know what they mean by "tire graining" being modeled in latest update? Is that just the way the tire is wearing if pushed super hard?

18. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Nice. V10 tires and intertia changes on everything? How? quite an accomplishment. I foresee hotfixes this week. No offense, that's just a lot!
    My first test is going to be the Lotus Elise anywhere, probably not the new track. I've been waiting and hoping for this car to stop understeering horribly since early access I think. On a level where I'm surprised there was talk about the 458 understeering so much, compared to the Elise and all other variations' turning circles at 20 mph being about 700 feet :D

TDS likes this.
  19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

They have been busy, amazing!