1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.12 discussion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Georg Siebert, Feb 14, 2017.

1. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Graining has been modeled for a while. Graining adds up when you slide tyres that are too cold. Graining removes grip.

The accumulated graining could only go up before. Now if you bring back the tyres into their good temperature range, graining will slowly wear off and grip will come back.

2. magzire

magzire Alien

I was just thinking about this mod few days ago, is it finally released?

3. SimMan

SimMan Racer

hi I'm getting 99% cpu occupancy message at top and terrible lag (unusable)

since update, this is with just me on track, everything fine before )-:

any idea's

4. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Lotus49, Yellowbird and Porsche 911R makes fun on the new track.
    But the Audi disappointing me. To much Traction...... I Need to test it on another Track maybe.

But so far a good and nice Track & Update. Thx Kunos.

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Go to controls, wheel, advanced, and enable the option Half FFB update rate.

6. Orne

Orne Alien

At 97% grip the Audi is quite nice ! It is AWD so ya know..

Xenix likes this.
  7. chakko

chakko Alien

Exactly. It is supposed to have traction. :) It's quite a monster... didn't expect it to be such a fast race car too, it's steering in very nicely. If it doesn't understeer like a pig of course, but, judging by Youtube vids, it's pretty much the same behavior you see with the real car. Th fast gear shifts are something to get used to though. My clutch foot hurts now...

8. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Download a mod track like Monte Carlo Stage 3, set the surface grip as low as it can go and then go rip it up.

Xenix and Orne like this.
  9. Orne

Orne Alien

I am digging the Audi at Krajiska Zmija hill climb. Although the Transfagarasan and Trento Bodone are calling!

ALB123 likes this.
  10. Tombs

Tombs Rookie

What ever they did with the tires eliminated my low speed spin-outs I was having so much trouble with. The cars feel infinitely more grippy now.

Cheers!

11. chakko

chakko Alien

Are you sure that wasn't in i(ce)Racing? :D

Parminio and Michele Papis like this.
  12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Cool update!

Highlands:
    Short: I like this one. It's small, and bumpy. The cobblestone...eh, it's there. I could see myself using this here and there for smaller or slower cars. Particularly like the replay cameras for this one.
    Long: I don't think I'll use this much....but I like it more than I thought I would. I like the bumps and nuances, as well as the replay cameras.
    Drift: I can see cool videos being made with that circle.
    Normal: Tried with the Audi online. Again, I probably won't use this much.

Graphically, Highlands looks really good. Great job on this part. Really. The road texture, both physically and visually is impressive. I like the "normal road" feel here.
    Layout is....well it's not the perfect track. It could be very nice with classic F1's. It's a nice change of scenery, that's for sure. A nice top speed test, as well as suspension test at speed. Seeing cars jump in slow motion looks great.
    Other than classics, I cannot see a reason to get into it. Too many wide, long corners leading into wide, long corners. I guess it's good for high downforce, but....it's not enticing for technical driving.

Audi Quattro: What a beast! It's missing some wutuutuutu's but other than that, awesome! Not really meant for tarmac track, though...it'll be great for rallies on tarmac. REALLY missing a dirt tire model for something like this. Amazing interior. Like, probably best interior across the entire sim racing board. Sound itself is very good. Physically, I can believe it. Willing to oversteer on throttle when it's not above 100mph. Can feel the downforce majorly, which is cool. Suspension moves like it's right :)

V10 tires and intertia update: I already made a thread for the Lotus's. This is like a new game now. Or AC2 if anything from this update. VERY happy overall with the new tires.

I like that on the top of the screen it says LEADER is on last lap. Slightly more useful.

The v10 tire update is the real meat of the good, though. I love the new Audi, I fairly like the highlands, but I LOVE the tires update. Feels like everything is now in line properly.
    Also the brake fade/temps. I noticed this on some cars at Magione, very nice. The graining part is, well I always felt like I was guessing anyways, whether or not I was killing the tires while still cold, although it's nice that you can bring your tires back to a point, over time.

Michele Papis and TDS like this.
  13. TDS

TDS Alien

set it to turbo 100% the tututututish is thereish pshhhh.lol

but i think all turbo cars need to have turbo volume tweaked (louder) @AC Support
    like ktm, lotus 98t, audi etc.
    Supra timeattack at 100% sounds fine.. well, the supra sound is just insanely good overall imo, its raw and angry.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    LeDude83 likes this.
  14. TDS

TDS Alien

Fantastic physics and tire model update.
    Audi 100% Turbo show how its done, lovely sound and handling. Its mighty fast at the Ring.

F40 now is a proper widow maker, Cobra back to be more angry on power and corners exit,
    ktm xbow lotus 98t and 49 are just perfection for me.

if they stop at tires v10 for AC1 im in heaven, its just miles ahead of the competition imho.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    AurusCE and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  15. Icky427

Icky427 Racer

wow that audi is bloody bonkers! if its that fast on tarmac i cant even imagine driving it on dirt! although i noticed it doesnt fly like ive seen in real life. it leans way back when air borne instead of staying level. not sure if thats just an ac thing or if the car had more rear downforce for tarmac?

16. BRAVEHEART

BRAVEHEART Gamer

Sorry but I have not understand ,they added optimun temperature in the brakes?

17. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Overall first impressions so far....

V10 tyres for all.. great. Everything I've driven so far has been a pleasure to drive.

Highlands.. Only driven the long version so far and it's good fun.

Fanatec led support... at last, much appreciated.

Great stuff so far @Kunos... AC just keeps getting better and better :)

18. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

There are about a dozen or so cars that currently have Brake Temperatures active. There isn't an optimum temperature per se, but there is a range of temperatures where they will be working at their best. If you are running an app like Sidekick, you can enable brake temperatures to be shown while braking. So, you'll see the exact temp of each brake on the car. They're color coded so when you see the brake temps are still blue they're still cold. Once they're green you know they're operating in the best temperature range possible. Once the color starts turning a bit brown you've no exceeded the peak performance operating temperature. The brakes will still work, but you're going to start experiencing brake fade...and once you are in the red you're really going to think your brakes are toast. You'll have to let them cool down if you want brake performance again. It's a really cool implementation.

baloche likes this.
  19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I have yet to see a car on which I had brake fading.

The effect of brake temps is currently very subtle. On when you go out with cold brakes you have to be careful at the first 1-2 corners, after that they have a temperature at which you don't have to worry about brake temps so much.
    Having said that, I don't think I drove yet one of the cars that had brake temps added with this update, so maybe these behave differently.
    Mainly tested the Porsche (911 3.0 RSR, 917/30, 917K, Moby Dick) and the Ferrari (488 GT3).

It was always said that the current state is mainly for testing the effect and that it's meant to be emphasized later on.

20. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I think it's going to be a big game changer, the brake temps. Especially when it comes to racing street cars. You're not going to be able to do last second hard braking every turn, lap after lap after lap and expect the brakes to hold (operating in Green zone). They're going to overheat. And that's how it should be. Heck, I know a few reviews of the Aventador ended in disappointment when the brakes caught on fire. :D People are going to see their lap times go down and they're going to lose their minds, but it's going to be so much better. I suggest running Sidekick as you can have it display brake temperatures while your foot is on the brake pedal so you can keep an eye on the temps.

ShredatorFIN and gregack like this.