1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.12 discussion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Georg Siebert, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Aha thanks. So I already wanted to change FF_SKIP_STEPS=0 back to 1 this morning. And clicking that FFB Half thing will do that ingame?

Cheers
    Robin

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I seem to be getting some serious rattling with my G25, maybe the higher update rate is for higher spec wheels?

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I just tried and it doesnt. :/ Cant your wheel handle it at 0?

4. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It's changed in controls.ini (in user settings folder) now, I think.

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yep it used to default to =1 now it defaults to =0

6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Yest it can, but I just want to feel the difference, I 'll try it tonight.
    Just like the gyro is set back to 0 again (which is a good thing , I had it at 1 when using my good old G25, but now I'm using a G920)

Cheers
    Robin

7. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Steam/SteamApps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg and then inside the assetto corsa.ini

FFB and Gyro stuff.

Cheers
    Robin

8. digitizer

digitizer Hardcore Simmer

I have G25 too and have it rattling (not so serious) mostly on the long straights like Döttinger Höhe
    I use WheelCheck and LUT Generator to setup FFB

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I recently replace my 50-step LUT with a new one that did 150 steps and it seems that this reduced the rattling of my G25.

10. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

The gyro seems to be fixed compared to before. I haven't come across any car or situation that feels unnatural so far, where it was almost constantly before. Great job, and it makes the wheel feel so much better. I finally "get" what the gyro hype is about.

11. Can you maybe provide your LUT file for testing? All my files create a bigger death feel around the center of the wheel. :(

BTW: It seems I've recieved the wrong update yesterday :eek: How is it possible that I can get the Stage 5 version of the Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2?
    [​IMG]
    ...just kidding

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    SMOKING__MONKEY3 and Dookie like this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Here you go.

Attached Files:

• LUT.zip
      File size:
      966 bytes
      Views:
    After_Midnight likes this.
  13. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

It's funny. I don't run the Ferrari 312T very much, but I can handle the older open-wheelers way better than I could handle a modern open-wheel race car. So, I took the 312T out last night on Barcelona Moto and I had a freakin' blast! I'm not going to sit here and pretend I can feel every tiny little difference in the TM10 tires that replaced every TM7 tire yesterday. There are some cars that I will say feel differently to me...But I think the Ferrari 312T was s0 much fun because of the TM10 rubber along with the brake temperature monitoring. It makes me feel more involved with the vehicle - keeping an eye on brake temps - and I love it. I finally pulled over after 12 laps. I'll be revisiting the 312T real soon... :D
    I agree completely. I'll be setting up a track day on the 12Km Highlands in just a little bit -- gotta love Content Manager. :cool:

This might be the best update in quite some time.

14. Many Thanks. Your settings are 100% in the profiler and in the game 0% minimal forces?

15. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Thank you Kunos, this is a great update. I absolutely love the Lotus 49 again; the new tyres have given me so much confidence in the car. I really like the way it breaks away now, in a semi-predictable way... beautiful :)

ALB123 likes this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Ticking the half FFB update box has brought back the old FFB on my G25 and stopped the rattling :)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

I'm quite happy with the content.
    I wouldn't call it a perfect circuit, but it's good fun with the right cars. Didn't really had time to drive much, but the short layout + MX-5 Cup was absolutely brilliant. I'm pretty sure it suits a lot of the slower cars as well. Did a bit of testing on the longest layout as well, but not enough to really judge it. I however like how they handled the long straight. When I read that it was 3km long, I kind of feared it would be a little dull, but there's plenty going on, it isn't perfectly straight and I continuosly missed the braking point and crashed in the barrier. I think it will suit the classic content quite well.

Surely a nice addition :)

18. digitizer

digitizer Hardcore Simmer

I use even 300-steps

in.ini file
    Gyro = 1
    Skip steps = 0

Logitec Profiler
    All checked except "Report Combined Pedals"

AC
    Gain 100
    Filter, Min force and all effects 0

Attached Files:

19. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I just got mine early. I took this in-game photo on February 6th.
    [​IMG]
    I can finally put this mod away. :)

After_Midnight likes this.
  20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

One should not compare Highland street track to a designed race track. Its meant to be what it shows - ordinary every day traffic roads. And lets face it, such roads over land do not have tight corners like racetracks, and they do not design challenges to get drivers cursing, but they design public roads just to avoid right this. Seen this way, the track is very well done, and "realistic". Drivers wanting to simulate a duel with ordinary road cars on ordinary streets, will like this track therefore.

I am disappointed, however, about the lack of AI improvement. It seems we have entered the second long era of stagnation, regarding AI.

The Audi is, well, an Audi Quattro. I assume it can bring fun when using it on a matching track. The braking behaviour irritates me, however, as if the car'S wheels easily lock. For some reason, the ordinary Quattro road version that was already there, gives me more fun. Well, a thing of taste, I assume. No complaints from me, the thing came for free, so thank you for it nevertheless! I will give it some more chances on some other tracks.