1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fixed setup for cockpit adjustable settings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andy-R, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

If possible the option to limit the cockpit adjustable boost, abs and tcs using fixed setup would be great. So we can e.g force abs on for 1 type of car and off for another in a multi-car grid using fixed setup. At the moment these settings are still adjustable via the setup screen and from the cockpit when included in the fixed setup .ini

gandlers, SvenUilhoorn and Sean like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Fixed setup in multiplayers May 10, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Does anyone know how to make a fixed setup room on Content Manager fixed setup? Jun 30, 2020
    ACC Physics [EA - 1.3.5] Wheel Rate Unit - Setup Screen (**fixed 1.3.10**) Feb 18, 2020
    ACC User Interface Focus while saving setup (1.3.2) [Fixed] Feb 10, 2020
    ACC User Interface [V1.0] 911 GT3 R no Aggressive Setup at Nurburgring (Fixed v1.0.4) May 30, 2019
    ACC User Interface [0.7.2] Timetable Static in Car Setup Screen (**Fixed**) Apr 23, 2019
    General modding discussion Partially fixed setup in server Dec 25, 2017
    Console Lounge Fixed Setups in multiplayer Nov 15, 2017
    Suggestions Show if server has fixed setup Oct 25, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Turbo boost not locked through fixed setup May 1, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Fixed setup not happening Apr 13, 2017
    Bug reports Save setups fixed BUT... Feb 14, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Save setups fixed BUT... Feb 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Fixed Setup Issues Oct 7, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues AC Server Manager crashed with fixed setup Jul 12, 2016

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Regarding ABS and TC I'm against it.

Regarding the turbo boost, I'd prefer to be able to set a limit rather than a fixed value.
    e.g. allow max. 80% boost but still leave it adjustable.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I can understand if your not interested in it but against it is a bit strong :p

If you need a kinda semi real world-ish example the 911 GT3 Cup car can run IRL with and without ABS, if someone wants to run a series with that car (in without ABS form) and another car that uses ABS they can. More importantly for me I can use it to balance grids. For example the MX5 Cup and 500 Assetto Corse. To keep ballast to a minimum on the MX5 (and keep the acceleration and top speed of the 2 cars as close as possible) i'd rather limit the MX5 to 80% pressure and no ABS. I just look at it as a slightly different cup series where they used a different set of brakes :)

I might be wrong but I think fuel works as you described so maybe boost can as well, or maybe it is impossible to limit the settings that are cockpit adjustable... who knows.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well yeah, I wouldn't mind if it were added.

It's just that I think that ABS should be factory in any case unless you have a car like the GT3 Cup you mentioned, where "factory" depends on the racing series and thus it might make sense to set it to off completely.
    But that's already possible with the current server settings.
    Apart from that, I don't think it's a good idea to try to balance the car with adjusting the braking performance.
    Generally, I'm really not a big fan to change a car such that it differs significantly from the original car and brakes as well as engine are strong points here.
    But if so, I'd certainly prefer to improve the field balance by adjusting engine, ballast, aero and tyre selection, like they do in real life. I've never heard of a case where brake performance was in the focus there.

Regarding TC, I'm really not a big fan of that and in my opinion it should always be off.
    I usually leave it to factory nonetheless. In any case I don't really see it as a balancing option, since it doesn't necessarily improve the performance of the car, sometimes even results in worse performance.
    Oh and driving a car with TC if you don't like TC is really annoying.

It's been a while since I drove on a server with a fixed setup. I think the last time was the Supra Drift on the SF server, which had a fully fixed setup.
    In that case you couldn't adjust anything (other than boost etc.). Fuel was fixed.
    (Not 100% sure, but I think it was as I was surprised that I couldn't adjust it.)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Fair enough if you just wouldn't have a use for it.

Continuing that discussion... for the love of the argument

With the 911 GT3 Cup example, what if it ran a series (in no ABS form) with other cars that do use ABS (did it race at Nurburgring with the M235i?) they would have to be both with or both without ABS at the moment.

With the Mx5 example I don't see it as adjusting the brakes like a real life BoP more an MX5 Cup from an alternate universe (a no ABS ND cup car may even exist, i dont know.)

Some of the road cars have bias way to the front and lock up easily with no ABS but the MX5 Cup with 80% pressure and no ABS feels plausible to me. This combo is fine with just 80% pressure and a bit of ballast but it could be slightly closer still without that little bit of ballast.

I listed those 3 options because they are the 3 that arent currently working with fixed setup. I don't think it would make sense to just leave TC out. They should include all garage setup options in fixed setup for maximum options IMO.

AccAkut likes this.
  7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ok, putting personal preferences aside, I would love the fixed setup thing to be reworked.
    The setup could contain min, max, range and fixed values. e.g. like this
    Code:
    VALUE=x # exact value
    VALUE=x:y # range
    VALUE=x: # min value
    VALUE=:x # max value
    VALUE=x;y;z # list of valid values
    Special value for TC and ABS could be: -1 = Factory

Example (values not listed are free):
    Code:
    [FINAL_RATIO]
    VALUE=5;7 # Exactly the gear rations 5 and 7 are allowed, nothing else. Not sure how useful it would be for gear ratios, but maybe tyres would be appropriate

# Min. pressure 23 psi
    [PRESSURE_LF]
    VALUE=23:

[PRESSURE_RF]
    VALUE=23:

[PRESSURE_LR]
    VALUE=23:

[PRESSURE_RR]
    VALUE=23:

# Max. 80% turbo boost
    [TURBO]
    VALUE=:8

# Camber can be adjusted from -2.0° to -2.4°
    [CAMBER_LF]
    VALUE=-20:-24

[CAMBER_RF]
    VALUE=-20:-24

# Fixed ARB
    [ARB_FRONT]
    VALUE=30000

[ARB_REAR]
    VALUE=10000
    Setup saving/loading should be possible, but a warning should be printed if values are outside the allowed range and they will be readjusted to the next valid value.

Andy-R likes this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yep that would be ideal IMO Berniyh :)

I forgot brake bias, IIRC that also can be adjusted regardless of fixed setup settings.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually I think it would be better to just mark the setup as invalid as is already done with the minimum height.

However, the corresponding setting in the setup screen should be marked red, so it is clear why the setup is invalid.
    (Talking about set values, not the live values here.)

10. its possible to do it on multi class championship?

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

You can assign fixed setup to specific cars in multiclass race if that is what your asking but the features requested here are just requests at the moment.

SvenUilhoorn and Eduardo AuKiss like this.
  12. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

supporting this as well. Especially boost pressure :)

Andy-R likes this.
  13. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Bumping an old thread as it is a bloomin' good idea.
    @Lord Kunos , would it be possible to implement this?
    It would make it easier to balance the grid.

14. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

Is there any reason for Kunos that this is really difficult to implement?

EDIT: the turbo setting is actually in the setup file as well, but just not fixed when on a server..

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

A little of topic, but in the assists set-up screen, you can select "factory" for ABS and TC,

Would that not be the way to look at how these settings should be set, if we are trying to emulate RL ?

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yes but... I don't see your point?

17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

After I went back and re-read a couple of posts, I realize I had miss interpreted the theme of this thread.

So no point regarding this thread, just a point in general then.

Thanks, LATE4APEX

Andy-R likes this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Well your kind of right with TC ABS we can use the MP version of that (0/1/2) but I only crow barred those 2 into the OP to try and add more weight to the argument. The really cool one would have been fixed boost on adjustable boost cars. 1 example the Supra TA and RX7 Tuned might work well with the Toyota fixed to low boost :)