1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Multiplayer track rotation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jynnantonix, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Been hoping to see this in AC since MP launch but almost given up hope, does anyone know if devs have said anything about it? Every other multiplayer game I can think of can do this, and it seems like a really important feature for MP, so I'm not sure why it was implemented like this in the first place.

There's no need to break any moulds here, just copy the very standard features of fps games for example, so at the end of a race, players vote for the next track of a pre-determined list that an admin can make as short or long as he likes. After an average of 20- 30 minutes quali and racing at a particular track, I've generally had enough of it and hop off to look for something different and judging by how many people leave servers after a race, it seems I'm not alone. Adding track rotation would surely increase the % of people who stay on the server. I think this increases the fun element if you stay on 1 server all evening with mostly the same people and see how you're doing against them on different tracks rather than a continuous bunch of randoms.

So I know there's gonna be a guy who's going to respond by saying 'Do you want even more wrecks from people who now are forced to go to a track they don't know?' To which I'll respond that the good servers will likely make their track list quite short, perhaps even just 3 tracks, which means once they're established there shouldn't be a problem with people having to learn a new new track in a few minutes. Anyway if they stick to Vanilla, and minorated servers, i think most people on there would know all the tracks backwards by now.

So this is half a question (from my first sentence) and half a plea to the devs to please think about this and realise that's it's actually a super important part of multiplayer!

2. I would like to see track rotation that includes all of the official variations in AC (except the Nordschleife, and the two old long versions of Monza). I really enjoyed this in GT Legends, and it was great to be switching between short and long tracks on a regular basis. Most online drivers really should know the vast majority of the official layouts by now. Having said that, this would really require all tracks to have the same number of pit spots, but I don't mind Magione and Zandvoort being upgraded from 18 to 24 ;) It would also be nice to see Barcelona National and Zandvoort National added to spice things up a bit.

Yeah, I know......rocking the boat :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Track rotation would be awesome but I guess theres a reason its not added already. Even if it wont be added in AC they should really consider it in AC2 :)

4. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

5. Horus

Horus Alien

There are third party apps that allow servers to be run with multiple tracks, but you have to rejoin the server after every race. It has been my one wish since v1, maybe we will get track rotation once consoles get private lobbies. @Lord Kunos ;)

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

7. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Ginks72, TheBoss and Horus like this.
  8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I agree, it's sad that we can't use this, but then it's also not a huge problem, because in my opinion having a certain consistency is actually a good thing.
    e.g. currently on the Streetfight servers, we're doing one track per day, which allows you to adjust to the track, maybe even create and optimize a setup and just have a good time.
    It was even suggested to leave a track on for longer than a single day.

My main motivation would've been for a point-to-point event, like we did with Transfagarasan, to be able to switch between the forward and reverse layouts of the track, so that you can enjoy driving up and then down again.
    Since the downhill version – for some unknown reason – crashed when trying to drive it online, we didn't need it after all, but it would've been nice.

Maybe they'll consider adding that feature for AC2, we'll see.

9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well nice that we had this conversation :D

Berniyh and kofotsjanne like this.
  10. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Yes I enjoyed it too. ;)

11. Ginks72

Ginks72 Rookie

How is MP track rotation NOT A PRIORITY??

12. Ginks72

Ginks72 Rookie

Can a DEV answer that question from above please...just wanting to know How MP Track Rotation is NOT a priority ?
    I run a dedicated Hosted server....surely we can edit a json or something ?