1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Perspective VR, instead of full VR (Kunos please read)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by clos2727, Mar 1, 2017.

1. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Dirt Rally vr on PS4 is amazing, i hope and wish Kunos does bring VR to the PS4. However, I believe their would be a lot of give and take for this to happen on AC. dirt rally has only one car to render, where as AC is completely different. rendering that many cars on the track and still keeping the fidelity will be no small task.

i just wrote this as a reply on a different post. then felt this was something that could seriously be considered.

and i coined it "Perspective VR"

that being said, i believe that theirs a small walk around this. not exactly VR, but something i believe all PSVR headset user would welcome if Full VR could not be supported.

now i have played AC on PS4 with the VR headset on Cinema mode. because the image is sent to each individual eye, you get sort of a 3d perspective of the track. making judging corners and distance a step above just a screen.

but still limited to what you would see on a typical screen. so it got me thinking
    what if. in the event that kunos could not do vr.

make the image 180 degree wrap around the person using the headset.

sort of like having triples but in your headset. a curved 180 degree image. this would allow us be able to see outside both driver windows by just turning our head.

where a vr image would be a complete sphere, from within.

doing it this way, we sort of pick and choose what image is most important. the front and sides. everything else would just be black.
    i think this would be possible if a full vr experience on the psvr could not be achieved. and a good platform to grow upon.
    Since we are still in early generation of VR this could be something publishers could look at. to give a happy medium. till the technology grows.

most importantly, sim racing as a whole could greatly benefit from this.

what do you guys think?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Perspective correction for curved monitors Aug 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Hot-key/Input to save Onboard perspective settings Aug 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface FOV Settings - Dependend on perspective? And your Settings Sep 7, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer State of CP servers (iRacer's Perspective) Jul 21, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer When I hit drive it shows me another drivers perspective Jun 20, 2019
    Console Lounge Racing incidents - a matter of perspective Jun 11, 2017
    Console Lounge Looking for videos of the new AI (mostly from its perspective) May 31, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Cockpit und Hood Perspective looks to narrow Mar 29, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Perspective from a 51 year old Gamer Jan 23, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Ac mp is almost there, just a few more critical issues - server admin's perspective. Aug 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Mirror perspective Jul 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Time for a balanced perspective on assetto corsa Apr 13, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Triple screen perspective - shift view Apr 5, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 3monitor issue - 3rd person perspective zoomed in Mar 12, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nvidia 3d vision - convergence perspective Oct 11, 2014

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I think Kunos knows, or finds out, what they´re doing and what options they have. Just wait :)

4. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

I am sure kunos knows what their doing. I am a fabricator, builder. Ect. To state to someone "i know what im doing", without being open to ideas, Or listening to people. Is being closed minded, And frankly not very smart. And i am not knocking them in any way. Most ideas come from communities. Not necessarily the developers. And since not a word or description about the fore mentioned hasnt been thought of. Its only fair that i state an idea. Or anyone for that matter. And if they havent. Then now they can.

Tomcul, svenvangent and paul_wev like this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

It's not the entirely the same, as Kunos would have a much larger technical knowledge to what is possible within AC hardcode.
    Sure, the customer side of things, like content, online play, apps etc, often good stuff comes from the community.

6. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

I stated an idea, whether they thought about it or not, Its not of my concern.
    All in all, its not a statement or an idea to kunos, but more as a different way of possibly looking at a situation. And also involving the community. Whether they can or cant. Its not up me, You looking into this more than you should. Its an idea, Nothing more. Unless you work with kunos and know the software. You yourself dont know.

7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Fine, c u around

Horus likes this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

A wider fov means more to render and if the game already struggle with performance it would become even worse.
    Its a cool idea but i dont think it will be possible.

9. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Ok fair point. But it would have to be better than rendering full VR wouldnt you think?

I think it would be better to render just 30% to 40% of vr than it would be to render 100% of it.

paul_wev likes this.
  10. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Reduce the overall number of cars on track ?
    Dirt rally handles six cars on rally cross and Driveclub handles eight ? I think .
    Yes it's not as nice as a full lobby , but ots something.

paul_wev, clos2727 and Reinart86 like this.