1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Controller settings INTERESTING !!!!!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Keith Quinn, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

So as many of us have been doing for months now adjusting the damn controller to get it right playing with all the settings and still we are tinkering ! Well I did something quite interesting today and turned everything to "0" except the gamma which I was playing with and currently have it at 3.2! What I noticed is the rest of the settings do little to nothing turning them all to "0" made handling feel much better! Gamma is all you really need why the other setting are even there makes no sense! They just make the car either to twitchy or non responsive! Try it for your selves I was shocked that the car actually felt better with these setting than adjusting all the other needless ones!

Some of you will debate on speed of steering etc but I'm telling you put everything to "0" and just play with the gamma and you will see it handles great! So much time waisted why didn't I do this before lol

t1m5 and neddyie116 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox One Controller Settings Oct 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Duelsense controller settings May 17, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Explanation of PS4 Wireless controller settings Oct 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions controller settings with disabled hand. Aug 9, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I FOUND THE BEST CONTROLLER SETTINGS Jul 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Controller Settings Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controller Settings Explanations Jun 12, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze going back from controller settings Jan 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 not recognized by ACC [Steam controller settings override issue] Jan 7, 2020
    Chit Chat Room What the heck is going on?...wheel and controller settings misbehaving using Content Manager Jan 1, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can't change/save my XBOX Controller settings Nov 5, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Game freezes when changing controller settings Aug 22, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can't change my controller settings v1.0.6 Jul 27, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals SERIOUSLY!! WHat is going on with controllers losing all settings?? Jul 21, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting [ Ingame / advanced controller settings ] - Min / Max "deadzone" limit not saving correctly May 31, 2019

3. sitinduk

sitinduk Rookie

Wow! these settings have made a massive difference to me. I liked the feel before but this has just moved the game to a different level. Cheers!

Keith Quinn likes this.
  4. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

This is funny as i did this exact thing just a few days ago. It's not bad but iy it isn't great on every car for catching slides, especially on the lotus 49. No good for but people who dont use that car should be fine.

Keith Quinn likes this.
  5. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

Yea I noticed the same thing. Funny part is that I played on my laptop with the controller and have my settings as follows
    Speed 75%
    Dead zone at 5% I think
    Filter at 82%
    Gamma at 2.2
    It's perfect no issues but on PS4 that setting is horrible lol gotta love it

6. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

So I went to project cars forum looking for controller set ups and came across a nice one for the ds4 figured let me try it for AC see if it works and low and behold it does and it's great! Below is a video of me drifting using the controller and 3 different cars! It's a bit long but worth a watch! I could never get drifting right in AC UNTIL NOW I'm still not good but it ain't bad

7. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

So here are the settings I'm using courtesy of this guy in the PJC forum

[​IMG]
    Promoted Content

Sponsored by TherafluĀ®

B0SSH0GG 1 year ago#5
    I felt theses settings held me back too.
    Y-G-O-L-O-H-C-Y-S-P

Urinal2001 1 year ago#6
    Yep, just tried these and they arent all that. They are driveable.... but the stock settings are driveable. Its just that neither of them are very good.

utarefson 1 year ago#7
    Im almost positive I saw Yorkie post on YouTube the following:

There are 3 pre-decided settings created by SMS.
    Even if you change all the individual sliders to be exactly the same on preset 2 and 3 for example. You will still get different handling.

Maybe people are not taking this into account?

witchfinder_dil 1 year ago#8
    I found another setting on the Project Cars forums. Seem to be abit better

Thanks to PuntNL who came up with this

Controller Input Mode - 3 (Change first)

Steering Deadzone - 10
    Steering Sensitivity - 30
    Throttle Deadzone - 10
    Throttle Sensitivity - 40
    Brake Deadzone - 10
    Brake Sensitivity - 30
    Clutch Deadzone - 10
    Clutch Sensitivity - 45
    Speed Sensitivity - 65
    Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 35

pippo10 and MrStef85 like this.
  8. MrStef85

MrStef85 Gamer

Im gonna try these settings.

Keith Quinn likes this.
  9. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Which imputs relate to AC? All i can work out is steering sensitivity lol.

10. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

Dead zone
    Steering sensitivity
    Steering speed
    The game I move from 2.2 to 2.5 depending on the car

MrStef85 likes this.
  11. t1m5

t1m5 Rookie

nice