1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CV1 graphics settings for best quality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by jcustodio77, Mar 1, 2017.

1. jcustodio77

jcustodio77 Rookie

I'm a CV1 user for last couple of months. I've been playing around with settings in order to keep 90fps and get best image quality.
    I would like to use PP-filter but whenever I use it, my fps drop down a lot and I'm not able to mantain 90fps.

So any user can share his settings?
    Right now I'm using PPD of 1.6, AF x16, AA x4, rest of the settings high but reflections on static.
    I'm using a i7-4770 and GTX 1070.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
    Jacobo

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Rift cv1 settings for 90 fps Dec 5, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Rift CV1 to Rift S - FPS drop Nov 6, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality No rift CV1 resolution option Jul 21, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Last Oculus (CV1) update or ACC v.1.2 ->1.2.1 transition killed FPS Dec 19, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.0.1publicbeta]UE4.22 CTD in VR Octulus Rift CV1 + Keyboard inputs not reconized Jun 2, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Stuttering, Rift CV1, Logs attached Mar 7, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Rift CV1 - UI Hard to read/out of focus Apr 19, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa Launcher not working after exiting a race using Oculus CV1 Oct 22, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Crash with Oculus CV1 Oct 7, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues No sound in oculus Rift cv1 headphones Sep 11, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low CPU and GPU usage with Oculus CV1 --> Low FPS Sep 2, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Audio position wrong on CV1 hp Aug 21, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Weird issue with Oculus Rift CV1 Aug 17, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus CV1 not working Aug 5, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues FFB behavior when using Oculus CV1 Jul 13, 2017

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

You will find the info you are looking for HERE, we discussed it extensively in that thread.

4. Turk

Turk Alien

That thread could do with a synopsis, it's 88 pages long.

This free download got mentioned over on racedepartment.

ZethGAF likes this.
  5. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Depends what you define with quality. To me I find it unacceptable the brake markers' text and others objects blurriness (at a distance). I try to run at 2.0PD to mitigate this at the expense of reducing shadows, detail, and reflections. With my hardware, I can maintain a 16ish car grid around 90 Hz at race start (Redbull for example). You want to test around/after the last turn at Monza and Spa where there's a lot of detail (with multiple cars around). Some people find the funky shadows very distracting at the lowest setting but not I. One thing that I do find useful is seeing reflections to the first level since the Matt finish kind of kills the car's quality for me. I turn smoke to very low, and mirror quality high (just no high quality reflections in mirror).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. jcustodio77

jcustodio77 Rookie

First of all, thanks to Turk. I will use that tool. It looks quite interesting.

I fully agree. Distance objects look too blurry. That's why I was asking for someone else's settings. I have seen in your signature that your system is quite similiar to mine, so I will try your settings. Let's see how it looks.

Thanks to all ;)

colombianomd likes this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

When we speaking of quality, do someone know what delievers the most clear picture, more aa (8x forced in ini) or more ppd?

8. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

I tried/experimented a bit with 8xAA; however, IMO, i found PP was clearer(even at it lowest setting, especially text). Unfortunately, both hogged too much GPU performance. I haven't tried with ASW so maybe this might be worth looking into, but I felt as if ASW added some latency to the steering and changed the FFB.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

kofotsjanne likes this.
  9. jcustodio77

jcustodio77 Rookie

After making several tests, these are the settings I found gives me best performance/clarity:

- Oculus .ini
    - PPD: 1.7
    - Display Settings
    - AF 16x
    - AA 4x
    - World detail High
    - Shadow resolution Medium
    - Effects
    - Smoke Generation Very Low
    - Show smoke in mirrors checked
    - PP Off
    - Reflections
    - Mirror Resolution Normal
    - High Quality Mirror Unchecked
    - Reflection Quality Low
    - Reflection Frequency Static

This gives me constant 90 fps with very few drops to 45, and a very good image quality.

detoit and colombianomd like this.
  10. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

follow

11. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

I did go back forced the 8XAA in the ini file; which surprisingly made the frame rate smoother. I think there's a slight improvement in farsightedness clarity, and the nearsighted items are quite noticeably clearer. I kept the same settings otherwise, and I haven't see too much a performance tax. I ran 24 cars at Nordschleife and Redbull and it maintained 90Hz as far as I could notice. Post Processing still makes the text clearer than 8XAA, but turning it on still makes the frames dip too much. I hadn't tried this since August of last year so I guess it's good to always revisit.

jcustodio77 likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do, lets say 6x AA works or is it only 2, 4 and 8? :)

Also, is it only full numbers that count in ppd, i mean its not possible to use 1.*5, ie 1.45-1.55?

Maybe stupid questions but if you dont ask you dont learn :)

13. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

I don't know, I ran, at IMOLA, 1-2 laps on AA4x and 3-4 laps at 8x.. you can see a change in the frame buffer (FB) page---which is higher when 8x is on. Also, it looks like the GPU is slightly more utilized. aa4xvs8x.JPG

kofotsjanne likes this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah, I know that 8x AA working but was thinking about x6 or if its some rule that it have to be twice the amount, like 2, 4 and 8? :)