1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Practice server for beginners?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MHOLL, Apr 10, 2017.

1. MHOLL

MHOLL Rookie

I am very new to sim racing, I need to practice but offline is boring I would rather do it on a server with others and ideally a way to compare lap times. Please give me a server that has simple tracks, not too powerful cars, and some method for logging and comparing lap times. Ideally it should be located in Central Europe.

Girts A and chksix like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds When trying to start a race, practice or on a friends server, the game boots me back to the menu. Aug 28, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Practice server and pit stop Mar 13, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer List of servers; practice time issue Dec 22, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Server Question, game time during practice Jun 18, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Night practice in the middle of the day (Competition Servers) Apr 13, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer 5 hours practice multiplayer servers?!? Jan 18, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Server admin turn off practice session? May 18, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ACservermanager immediately loops from race start to practice when th lights go off Jul 31, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Can't request booking and practice in other server Feb 18, 2015
    Suggestions Request booking and practice in other server Feb 16, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Practice glitch on Challenge Cars? Apr 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Career mode vs practice mode Feb 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 - Fatal error! In the middle of the practice / RTX4090 Jan 31, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC2.exe 1.8.18 not responding after lauch a practice session Oct 31, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to leave garage to start race or even practice May 2, 2022

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

As a server admin I would suggest you start offline to get familiar with some cars, tracks and handling.

You might have good intentions, but having beginners online can get frustrating.
    I don't want to disencourage you, but I started online racing quite a while after I did really a lot of driving offline and still it was hard for me to adapt to it.

Some drivers are just out there to be the fastest and show little to no respect for others. You should at least know the racing lines of the track before going online.

There is also a system in place called Minorating, which grades your on track behaviour by the distance you've driven, how much of that distance was close to other cars and how many contacts there were.
    Not all servers use this, but the ones running MR AB are usually the cleanest servers.

If you're new and join a MR server you will get MR N for new drivers, depending on your progress you most likely get C, work yourself up to B and you are able to join AB servers.

I'm an admin on the Street Fight servers, we run 3 different servers with street cars on street tyres (not semi slicks), usually one grid with faster cars, one with medium fast cars and either one with slower or classic cars, tracks change daily.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/streetfight-mr-servers.37951/
    The stracker links in the signature of Gunja will show lap times of other drivers.

Another good server is Aloog (A League of ordinary Gentleman), but I don't use them much though.

And after you joined the server: READ THE INFO PAGE!!!
    There are usually rules and guidelines the drivers have to comply with or you might get kicked.

AvGas, mistery and esox71 like this.
  4. MHOLL

MHOLL Rookie

Thank you, I will probably take your advice to stay offline but at least I want to compare hotlaps and / or chase ghosts so there is at least some fun in it, just lapping alone is boring. I found already there is a hotlap app called RSR, but is there also a way to follow the ghost of other racers in AC, like the challenge competitions in RRRE?

5. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Sadly it isn't, i would like this too.
    There are also some "Trackday"-Servers, where you can drive with others in a practise-session, some times they are really filled with people and you can have some cool rounds. If you have friends on steam who play AC too, you can use the friends-app to show theirs time on a track.(If they have this app enabled too!)

Beside RSR there is also https://www.ac-leaderboard.com/

edit
    This is what i'm missing most: Ingame-Leaderboards(cause some times on RSR are unbeatable with new tyres) and a "Ghost-challenge". (Other peoples ghost, not your own.)

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I don't know of any way to use other drivers ghost data.

The only thing I know is that there are mod apps that store your personal best (PB) and you can use the delta function of those apps with the PB and not only the best you did in each session.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/deltabar.4842/

Keep in mind though that if you did your PB on tyres with more grip you should switch the comparing time from PB to session best.

If you are in control of the car and know the racing line, then you can join online.
    Maybe try to find a ABN or ABCN server and try to get to B grade.

7. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

@MHOLL - You should try league races. Many organize open races open to everyone including beginners, they keep times of participants and since they have Teamspeak/Discord you can get immediate help or advice when you need it.

chksix likes this.
  8. MHOLL

MHOLL Rookie

Sorry what does this mean?

9. MHOLL

MHOLL Rookie

OK can you recommend where to find such a league?

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

11. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

As I've been through this not so long ago, I can only second what @Schnipp has said earlier in this thread.

What I did is I've downloaded the RSR Live Timing app and I've taken part in Weekly Hotlap Challenge that is hosted by @Graveltrap here on forums (go and see console lounge, you'll find it very quickly).
    If you have an urgent need to go online, I'll choose the trackday servers and get used to the online sessions there.

Good luck :)

fr13del and Schnipp like this.
  12. fr13del

fr13del Racer

13. fr13del

fr13del Racer

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

fr13del likes this.
  15. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

If you are a French speaker I can recommend http://racingfr.com/ I spend the most of my online time in that league.
    If you speak German, I can recommend http://assettocorsa-racing.de I once made an open championship with them, races were fun and they were quite friendly despite my very very very poor German.
    http://www.aloog.net is great for English speakers, telling from the (unfortunately) few races I had on their servers.

These are only from my personal experience and I don't pretend that they are "better" than others. Several leagues also advertise here in the online leagues section.

Schnipp and fr13del like this.
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Not sure if you are aware of this video, but it will help anyone new to sim racing. I might make you realize practicing offline might not be as boring as you think.

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

18. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Yeah, but it's a nice addition. :)

Andy-R likes this.
  19. MHOLL

MHOLL Rookie

Thank you all!