1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Message received: "You have been banned from this server"

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by bradleyland, Apr 13, 2017.

1. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Twice today I have been booted from a server and received this message:

"You have been banned from this server"

I've never seen it before.

The first time was GT3 at Barcelona. I joined during qualifying, and I didn't even make it out of the pits before I was out and received that message. There were at least 7 or 8 players in the lobby at that time.

The second time was Endurance at Red Bull ring. I joined during qualifying, the race started, and as we were rounding turn 1 (zero contact btw), boom, I was out. Now, this time, there were only 3 people in the server, two of which were in front of me, and they were both driving, so I have no idea how anyone could have even kicked me. Strange.

So really my question is, when someone initiates a vote to kick you, do you see it? I try to be an extremely clean racer, so I can't imagine I get many kick votes. I don't know that I've ever seen one though, so I'm not sure if I even see when someone attempts to kick me.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface What is Minimum Message Priority in HUD settings?? Oct 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kicked message in results.json Sep 21, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Gamecrashes without a message Jun 24, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help with this error message Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashes without any error message Jan 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error on startup with no message [amdxx64.dll crash - gpu driver reinstallation] Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashed to desktop without error message Sep 30, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Error message with tracks Jul 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash without error message [Fanatec driver memory leak] Apr 1, 2022
    Sounds modding Error Message when attempting to mod in different sounds? Mar 31, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Random CTD without error message Mar 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Continuous “Please Refresh” message on CP server [PS5] Feb 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.8.6] AC Competizione CTD without error message [Fanatec driver memory leak] Dec 5, 2021
    ACC Gameplay AI rain strategy & ENG message ignore forecast Nov 30, 2021
    ACC User Interface Warning CPU usage message when leaving pits Nov 24, 2021

3. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

Looks like any kind of bug or error...because if someome is voting you can see in top right corner info and a timer to vote... So this looks like a error...i recomend you if happens again..and if you play on Ps4 for exemple..you cam save your by defaut 15 min gameplay..and later watch it if you miss the vote screen..and if you dont see it you can share your video with Kunos or 505 support to inform it about that....

4. A2J2

A2J2 Gamer

I play on xbox often in a larger group the other night I qualified 1St and someone else not in the group initiated a vote to kick me i never saw it appear only because we were in a party chatting I was made aware of it, so safe to say that if you're on the receiving end there is no warning it just kicks you when/if the votes are enough

alex21212121 and HavanaB0B like this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

On the PC version the person being voted on doesn't see the message and also for obvious reasons doesn't get a vote. ;)

I don't know the vote kick percentage needed on console servers but if there were 2 friends in they could pretty much kick anyone new that joins for no reason, this is why public voting pretty much is useless as too low a percentage or low numbers in a server people working together can easily kick everyone joining they don't want in for whatever reason. Have the vote percentage too high and a busy server if someone is actually causing issues the chance of getting them kicked is very low.

bradleyland and SkechBG like this.
  6. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

I dont know how exactly works the kick system on PC because i only play with my community members, and on console i never been voted to kick...but see other votes on my screen...so maybe im wrong..and is possible to be kicked without advice...

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You will see a kick vote for any vote but not for yourself, I doubt if the person being voted on got a vote they would also vote to kick themselves. I don't have the console version but I see no real reason for it to display voting differently to the pc and there would be no reason to give the person being voted on a vote.

MP side is likely a bit different to the PC and as you guys still cant set up servers yourself, the way it is on PC is we have a basic vote percentage for kick votes and for session votes. Default vote setting is at 70% for both and this seems quite high but with small numbers it doesn't take many to kick people but as numbers build its rather difficult.

As an example at 70% if 3 people are in a server and a kick vote is called on one of them then he is excluded from the vote so all it takes is the 2nd person to vote yes to the first guys call to kick as 2 of 2 is 100% and will win any percentage of kick votes. If there are 11 people in then 7 of the 10 voting would need to vote yes so you can see how its much more likely to get kicked with small numbers then large numbers but if there was a group of friends in a server with voice chat then even at 70% setting they can fairly easily control access to anyone they don't want and kick them soon after joining.

This is assuming that vote kick on console servers is set to the default but it could easily be set lower then this meaning people can take control of a server even easier, you guys have no private servers atm so I would assume there are groups that are likely doing this atm. Once you get control of your own servers these guys will be able to set passwords for access limiting it to only people they allow so it should be less of an issue then, but IMHO this seems like what is going on here for people being kicked for no reason.

bradleyland likes this.
  8. I remember I once joined a server, and as soon as it got done loading, it said the same thing to me. I hadn't even gotten in the server and it said I was banned.

9. bradleyland

This is great info, thanks martcerv! I have a feeling that both times I encountered groups who were working together to control a lobby. I've seen threads and online guides that actually spell out processes/workflows to accomplish this. At the root of it, I was puzzled as to why I didn't see the kick vote, but your explanation makes it clear. I don't see votes that aim to kick me.

In my first example, I did see a lot of PSN IDs with prefixes, so it's likely I encountered a group that was running a structured online race.

In the second example, with only 3 people, it seems likely that they kicked me because of the race format; it was an endurance server. The race started with 2 LMP1 cars and 2 GT cars. I joined late (directly to the starting grid), and someone initiated a kick vote for the guy in the LMP1 car. I checked the session screen and saw that the guy in the LMP1 hadn't managed a qualifying lap, so I voted to kick, just to be safe. In hindsight, I'm thinking that the two guys in the GT cars just wanted to race alone, so they voted to kick the faster LMP1 drivers.

Anyway, this is just the long way around saying I think I understand it now. Thanks for the insight!

martcerv likes this.
  10. alex21212121

alex21212121 Gamer

Sometimes there is a glitch and when I return to pits it thinks I'm going the wrong way, after a few times it kicks me automatically

bradleyland and SchumiF399 like this.
  11. bradleyland

Yeah, I've run in to that one before as well. You get a different message though. Something like: "You have been kicked for repeatedly driving the wrong direction." I've also been kicked for impact to another car when some idiot parked their car on the other side of a blind curve (there are many on Nords). I should have paid heed to the yellow flag :\ I had my HUD in tyre temp/pressure mode.

12. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 Racer

This happened 3 times today for no apparent reason. It is getting really annoying.

alternatingcurrent likes this.