1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anyone using the Razer OSVR and AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by 3dchips, Apr 14, 2017.

1. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

Since AC is supporting OpenVR, the OSVR should be also (theoretically) supported. By accident I could buy a Razer OSVR on the cheap. If there is any AC racer out there using an OSVR headset with AC, please share your experiences. Thanks! :)

UPDATE: short review here

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Cote Dazur likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Anyone using "Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming" or "Zotac Amp" graphics card ? Oct 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room anyone using ACTI - Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface? Aug 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room tfs3 by ivibe anyone using it Jun 19, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Anyone using the ricmotech load cell in their g27? Nov 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Anyone else using urd egt mod and having ai issues, cars crashing/retiring? Aug 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Anyone using a gtx 680 or 770 (4gb) Dec 29, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Anyone using "lince" motion software ? Dec 8, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Anyone who is using apps made pre-1.0 read this Oct 15, 2014
    General modding discussion Anyone using modo? Jul 15, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Anyone using Tri-Fire with Assetto Corsa? Mar 31, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Trail braking - Anyone on pace using it ? Feb 28, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

The model you are considering, is it the HDK2?

4. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

yep.

5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

You may have to be the Guinea-pig in this case. :D

jim jones and Cote Dazur like this.
  6. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

lol, to be a "dummy" (which means a lot) is not funny

Cote Dazur likes this.
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

My apologies; in this case it's meant as "Brave one / Test subject". ;)

8. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

Very detailed review, lot of information and in fact a top notch VR headset. IMHO "better" than OR and Vive, because it's thinking out of the box - that said open source. Now much more consumer friendly (coming along with an one click windows installer) and compatible with many VR titles on Steam, including AC since OpenVR. I will buy one and for sure when I got my first impressions I'm going to share them here.

MAUZERIS[LT] and Cote Dazur like this.
  9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Great news @3dchips looking forward for your comments and impressions.
    Thank you for the review also, sounds good and might be a good alternative to the major if it works as described here.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    3dchips likes this.
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Sound advice Eduardo.

Just as VR-virgins don't get VR's potential until they try it for themselves; they also don't understand the effects of poor head-tracking.

I hope OSVR use a mounting-solution similar to the PSVR or Lenovo HMD's with the final version. I really don't miss the straps used on the DK2 at all and those used on the HDK2 look very similar. I do like the adjustable lenses though, and hope those become more standard.

Increased competition should promote better features, design and function over time and we'll have much improved VR hardware in the future. Maintaining a high standard for good VR performance has to be a high priority and that is where the low-cost VR options could be detrimental to overall VR progress. User safety and access to well-developed VR-titles should be serious considerations for any VR purchase. As responsible VR enthusiasts, I think it's in our own best interest as well as VR, to be vigilant about pointing that out.

3dchips and Cote Dazur like this.
  11. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

AFAIK Oculus Rift users have been complaining about a patch a few weeks ago (or a few days more, dunno) that the tracking on motion sims was broken. NTL I like to go the open source route so I ordered a Razor OSVR today.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, Oculus are still trying to sort out some USB-issues and it's unclear if / how they are tied to CPU-core performance since OH-v1.3's release but, it's clearly affecting performance in multiple titles. Some recent reports seem to point to Steam related issues where the tracking-hitches go away when disabling some Steam services but, that's not been confirmed AFAIK.

13. TheGiwi

TheGiwi Rookie

Any news?

14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Yes, @3dchips how is that razor working for you?

TheGiwi likes this.
  15. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

Hi, sorry for being late with this, I'm on business out of town and ASAP I'm back I'm going to share my first trial and errors lol

TheGiwi likes this.
  16. TheGiwi

TheGiwi Rookie

No worries, looking forward to hearing what you have to say! :)

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Your are not late, no need to apologize.
    It was just to let you know that we are interested in what you have to say.

18. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

ok, here we go. I'm not a native English speaker, so expect may be any mistakes :)

The Razer HDK 2.0 is an alternative headset on the market in comparison with VIVE HTC and Oculus Rift.

Disclaimer: no guarantee about my thoughts, experiences, impressions - it's my opinion and was gained by doing this and that.

Please beware: Razer HDK 2.0 is not a plug & play headset (it could be, but still it isn't), it's in development and there are still a few bugs especially the tracking =>

There is a judder creeping in after 10 - 30 mins when turning the head (POV is jumping side-to-side and back-to-front a few inches). The judder seems to be a result of the velocity data coming from the new unified tracking system (not confirmed). As reported the tracking system is sending incorrect data (or SteamVR's tracking prediction stuff is "**"*. BTW SteamVR-OSVR supports (now) distortion correction).
    At the moment there is still no solution in sight, though the devs are looking for a solution. Restarting the OSVR server helps (it's only a workaround, restarting the server via batch script eliminates the issue for the next 15 minutes).
    Aside form this, all is working fine. NTL until this issue is not going to be solved, I cannot recommend the Razer HDK 2.0 for anyone except for devs.

A few Cons and Pros
    • I'm wearer of glasses, in my case no glasses needed (diopters cover +4.5 to -2 adjustments). Dual lens system design that allows to change the focus of individual lens on the fly. De facto I can wear contact lens, or no lens but no glasses: there is no space for the latter (glasses would scratch the lens of the headset).
    • Upgradable (also for future use), both software and hardware. I had to update the LEDs with a new firmware (by using a ST-Link/V2 programming micro controller). For that procedure I had to open the case (no witchcraft needed), though not everybody likes to open a headset, but if one part is broken you can replace any parts, more information at https://osvrstore.com/.
    • Almost a hardly remarkable screen door effect, that said reduced screendoor effect.
    • Display features 2160 x 1200 441ppi dual-display technology (1080 X 1200 per eye) and frame rate of 90 hz. Screen is bright and "crisp", there is a noticeable smearing in dark scenes when turning the head, the dual-display is pixelated at far distance, it's the state of the technology. Despite of this, the visuals are good, text is readable (for example Elite: Dangerous).
    • The field of view is 110-degrees. I cannot measure it, but it is sufficient as expected.
    • IR (infrared) camera (100hz) for positional head tracking, since version 0.6.1924-g5affce6 tracking is significantly improved and very smooth (aside from the bugs...). As already mentioned, I had to update the firmware and the drivers, furthermore finding the ideal position of the tracker. There is a yaw drift to the left, after one round Nordschleife you have to recenter your view. Still not solved by the devs.
    • IR works daytime or night
    • Pretty comfortable to wear, soft foam padding, acceptable weight. The eyes have to be centered, if not the "picture" is immediately getting unsharp.
    • HDK Windows Installer, that means one click installation.

Playing AC: it's works as expected. Mirrors still 2D. Fast Approximate AA settings (effects) does not work (black screen).

This post will be updated as soon I get any updates or any bugs will be solved. Any questions are welcome, you will get all your questions about Razer HDK 2.0 answered as long as I can help ;)

Attached Files:

Cote Dazur and TheGiwi like this.
  19. Gert De Preter

Gert De Preter Simracer

Most obvious question about resolution: have you compared it to a vive or oculus?

Thx.

20. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

No.