1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

that explains why the AI won't over take even if you pull over to the side of the road.

2. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Welp, say goodbye to news from Marco... (also previously posted)

" About this: "the silence of the last months is not a good direction i think...", recently I've decided to do not post anymore previews that are not available before on the official Assetto Corsa channel,
    so that we prevent any lack of information or misunderstanding. "

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually, that's not only the case with CJK characters, but also with quite a few characters that are very common in the western world and can be quite annoying when reading the chat.
    So maybe we'll see improved UTF8 support?

Typer and St3fan like this.
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Ah, the Science of Sequence! :p:D

Yes, I'm a little behind . . . and you guys have way too much time on your hands. :D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  5. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Well, from my vantage point, the "last drops" certainly have not been squeezed out of the AI. IMHO, no AI is complete without there being a few admittedly time-consuming but needed features, viz.,

1. AI strength - how fast can they lap? What's their prowess?
    2. AI aggression - how much do they fight for position?
    3. AI intelligence - how much they adapt to the race by adjusting suspension, tyres, strategy, etc.

Without these features, which could be put into a slider function, even good AI will not race competitively. They will just do better at what they're already doing, i.e., following the racing line almost without question. Until the AI drives more intuitively, there's room for a lot of improvement.

6. This is the Korean dev working on that console port[​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

7. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

That's the look of a man who knows he's in in trouble if the framerate drops below 60.

8. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Kim dosent look impressed :(

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I managed to capture these strange lines.
    This is Mugello, online session :

[​IMG]

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Looks like a repeating texture of the asphalt.

Dessu and Lawndart like this.
  11. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

The leading issue with AI now is that it has no independent situational awareness, or more commonly called memory, that helps it determine what to do next or know where it is in the race and where it should be beyond a predetermined priority. It seems to have enough imidiate knowledge for self preservation, and something to trigger it to attack, but is easily spoofed.

The reason the AI just "falls in line" is likely due to it all sharing a common brain, or logic. Without memory in the AI, and each AI car having its own motivation, there isn't a mechanism to determine when to attack and when to defend beyond its own immediate circumstance (bubble?). So if all the cars are set to win, then they are all technically pushing at the same rate, they all sorta play "lead follow", and the increase in the player awareness has also made it inherently less agressive, with the different cars performance envolope being the only real influence over percived AI personality difference. Huge grain of salt here though because Stephan could just come in here and crap all over my assement as this is in large part based on my own AI scripting experience from the 90's.

If Kunos do pursue giving the AI memory a whole lot of possibilities open up, but so does a swath of complexity. I suspect we won't see multi-class racing until the AI can run reliably together in such different cars and know who they are racing vs who they aren't.

Single player options really open up too, with AI rivalries, personalities that can adjust dynamically, strategic decisions based on knowing an opponents tires/fuel, pushing on the last laps, and identifying based on its own independant logic when the player is slower than the ai at certain corners and to choose another line, late brake, etc etc.

I think a few of us remember Rossi (sp?) from Forza 4? He wasn't in every race but he was always the fastest and most aggressive AI and you knew it when he was without even looking at the opponents list... and we all knew the AI would just give up if you got past them by a few car lengths, only making mistakes would wake it back up... even uber Rossi... fun times back then.

12. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Yep, it's called "tiling", at certain angles you can see the pattern of repeating textures. Super common in older games, only stands out in vast flat wide open areas in today's games like on lakes and large water ways. Every old flight sim guy got very used to seeing these ;)

LeonW, Ace Pumpkin and Schnipp like this.
  13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Thank god it's not visible on the cars:

__custom_showroom_1493420609.jpg
    2017-04-29 01_03_38-metal_detail.dds bei 66,7% (RGB_8).jpg
    :D

AccAkut and formulaHEINE like this.
  14. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Schnipp likes this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Are you sure? :D

[​IMG]

Ischemica, BrandonW77, Kembro and 6 others like this.
  16. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Shame about Marco not teasing future content anymore... it's not like we are hostile, just a wee bit needy perhaps, but it's all great "community engagement"...

I'd rather be teased by Kunos than be forced to follow all the dirt, pcars 2, Rfactor DX11, GTR, GT Sport, R3R touring cars, etc etc that's flooding the wire.... (BIG hint!!!)

Quffy likes this.
  17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

It wasn't there before the update on tracks.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

18. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Frankly, one thing I wonder is if Stefano could use our driving lines to port into AI memory. Like, let the community drive, and somehow take the lap data, racing line, etc. and use it in a system that randomizes it all, then uses it as a database for the AI. Then the AI would be using skills from real human drivers in the game as their "template" I suppose...it's hard to explain,but I wonder if that might work.

19. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

That's called "drivatar" and was in later Foza versions with very mixed results.

Training AI lines is pretty easy, a combination of racing line, passing line, and off line chopped up into intersecting bits is mind boggling enough detail for AI to appear near human if good deductive reactionary reasoning is part of their "brain". So no need for loads of raw data, in fact to much data just slows things down as each action from AI is a complex cycle processing power so not only is smart ai hard, but smart ai that doesn't big things down is way harder.

The idea you have, was a concept based on being able to play with your "friends" even when they are offline. Drivatar would log how each driver drove, add a variable based on base AI to try and give the drivatar your friends personality. Frankly it was a disaster at the consumer level. But it sure looked awesome on paper.

Mario Moretti and F430_458_F12 like this.
  20. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Interesting, is your "world detail" turned all the way up?

F430_458_F12 likes this.