1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Ferrari SF15-T power unit & driving advice.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Jul 15, 2016.

1. magzire

magzire Alien

Guys have you tried the new F1 2017 mod?
    Very high quality mod. In their MGUK delivery they made custom power for a few certain tracks. The way they do IRL. Which makes sense so they don't have to do it while on track. Disappointed Kuno's didn't model this or add it since they did all the hard work anyways.

2. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Yeah we are so disappointed losing 1 tenth per lap because Kunos didn't program an AI engineer team optimizing our power curve depending on fuel load, air temp, race strategy, tyre wear, direction of wind etc. Usually the unnecessary complications just takes the end result further from the reality..

3. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

A lot of them are roughly the same if you analyze.
    Also all their profiles are based on gradually building up with speed while personally i think a few with more torque on the lower gears would be beneficial, including some of those who are tailor made for each track.

I posted those concerns to their page but i'm afraid it will go unheard since everybody is fellating them like crazy.

4. magzire

magzire Alien

If your gonna do it, do it right. The way we drive the Porsche 919 Hybrid is completely against the rules. Using full boost as much as you want :(

5. magzire

magzire Alien

Also if a mod team can do it, surely kunos can,

6. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

So it's not following the rules for battery usage and gets way too easy overtakes in the game if another car is unable to react? Is that the problem? Because I would be worried more about if the car is technically correct (suspension, aero, tyres) instead of worrying sporting regulation. The more advanced and modern the car gets, more likely it's game counterpart is somewhat "pseudo-car", presenting similar characteristics but executed by little "tricks".

It's only funny to me there's F1 _2017_ car modded in the first place. Like anyone outside of those teams and Pirelli would have any idea what kind of cars those are especially now where the first race is still in the horizon. Just a tiny bit of critical thinking please.. ;)

7. magzire

magzire Alien

Im just asking for how the car is meant to be setup with the MGUK.. what the hell you taking about aero and suspension for

8. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

What do you mean by that? Limits per lap and battery charge are simulated... what do you mean by using full boost as much as you want? What rules are you talking about here?

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I'm not completely familiar with the WEC rules, but iirc the 8MJ of energy we have each lap is only available at Le Mans. On other, shorter tracks the limit is accordingly lower per lap.

(and maybe there is a fuel limit for each lap which requires some fuel saving; not really sure about this though)

10. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Yes it's not quite 8 on Silverstone for example, it's 6,xx.

11. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Guy I want to do setups in SF15-T, could someone provide me information about suspension frequency, dampening in car engineer, and some info about aero in the wings app?
    I've read that for high downforce cars the suspension frequency variates from 3-5Hz, in games is set like 2.1 in front and 2.4 on the rear.
    Thanks!

12. I'm guessing the third springs also count towards that high frequency, but are not shown on the car engineer app (i've driven very stiffly sprung cars that show 0hz because the third springs were stiff but not the standard ones).

It doesn't show ARBs also.

13. magzire

magzire Alien

This car is a real pig to drive. No way it could be this bad IRL

14. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Well it doesn't have servo controlled LSD so you can throw stability out of window using realistic setup..

15. Vassilis

Vassilis Gamer

You really need some time with it and build up the speed. It's tough but it's rewarding. I got gold in the challenge a few weeks ago and was very excited!

16. magzire

magzire Alien

Have yous tried the F1 2017 by RSS mod? I have no idea what they did but there physics are top notch, on another level. I went to drive the f138 and he felt so arcady and just bad tbh, even the FFB felt bad and very springy. SF15-T was undrivable, just not fun.
    I highly recommend this mod, best open wheeler on AC by a long shot.

ziozeus likes this.
  17. All three of those are great, none stand out as being hugely different from each other.

The 2017 Hybrid has steer assist (not what it sounds like) at 100% as default, whereas the Kunos ones aren't. This is to help stop FFB clipping at high speeds when the DF is higher (or to boost the FFB at lower speeds, whichever way you look at it).

The Kunos cars are locked (I think), whereas the 2017 Hybrid allows us to choose (personally I go with 85%ish, which helps FFB at low speed without having to turn up the multiplier).

Karri Keskinen likes this.
  18. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Anyone with a good tip to ease the start procedure with the SF15-T?