1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

All of us in this thread are like a "club" or type of common interest social group/guild that formed around this thread. It's really never been about new information as it is about discussing new and old improvements in an open fashion. Even the arguments are just simple miss understadings and poorly worded posts.

Most of us also know each other from other places like RD or GT planet that prefer to discuss AC on a proper AC forum...

So this thread should just keep going, and those that link new information here, we appreciate it! :D

BrandonW77, TDS, AC_RAF and 4 others like this.
  2. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Shame that you dont get this type of community in more places, also confuses me how gt planet operates, wrote a essay on how a pick a track to get used to a car but has missed a capital letter in the there and got warning points but the weird part is that they deleted the post as well, a fix that could have taken less then 10 seconds. Some odd groups out there, certainly quite confusing.

jonnyboy_99 and Lawndart like this.
  3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@Brownninja97 thank you for your reply, I share your feeling but at the same time I find it odd that PC would represent more player than console as it is usually the reverse, particularly with games present both on PS4 and XBox.
    If someone as a source for this kind of data, it would be nice to know.
    We, the PC crowd, feel like AC is ours and console are guest, after all we have more than a 2 years head start, but what if in fact Consoles represent more players. I think that would be news for a lot of us.:)

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

vgchartz is our only reference for consoles

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/119025/assetto-corsa/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/119026/assetto-corsa/

its questionable as to how accurate they are though

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

This thread was several times on the verge of getting closed for off-topic and chit-chat. I wouldn't count on it staying as general chatter thread.

7. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

GT Planet, if we all remember, was the most hostile center of trolls and flame generators 5+ years ago. Things started leveling out after the release of GT5, more "serious" folks like some of us here and the GT Academy stuff lent to a more mature view of GT, and that carried into GT6 but at that time, or shortly after, many of us have aged and moved on to PC sims (or back to them)... so I have no idea how it is today (past 2 years) but GT Planets' beginnings were anything but healthy and that might be in their DNA now.

It wasn't until more recently that console and PC sims started blurring the line but most sim devs know they need to sales numbers of a console to sustain operations, even a mediocre console game generates a healthy sum of sales and the Forza and GT games just don't have the long term sustainability anymore so the more dedicated racers are always looking for that elusive "complete package" that has yet to be done yet... so here we are, hoping AC can be it and dedicated to waiting it out. It's already the best for leagues right now if you want something less than 5 years old.

What do most people hate the most? Waiting. What's the internet to product consumers? A place to express their thoughts, mostly unedited and raw, but certainly unregulated. So threads like this need to stay open for better or worse as I really have no interest in reading the other threads and I enjoy coming here daily to see what's the new topic, and sometimes the occational surprise of upcoming content and rumors.

BrandonW77 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. LilSki

LilSki Alien

It can be tough to see but here is the kunos line vs my edited line. You can see how my line is much straighter through the top of the hill. I also let them cut the curb a bit more both at the bottom and top.

Kunos line.
    [​IMG]

My Line
    [​IMG]

BrandonW77, Alexandr66, Topuz and 6 others like this.
  9. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Ah, your line is clearly more straight so the AI doesn't have to back off as much to follow it. It also looks like the proper racing line... now I want to go check this out... though I really don't mess with AI much.

Thanks for the reference images.

10. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

As much as I agree, the MP should never replace the AI of the game. I don't think anyone wants to feel like they have to go online in order to race...most of the forums have GT3 hardware anyway, and as much as I enjoy those cars, at least 75% of the online races ignore the special cars in AC like Group C, road, exotic, etc.

Cote Dazur, Lawndart and AccAkut like this.
  11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I got banned permanently because I claimed Final Fantasy, Tekken series, would be on XBOX 360 & the time for Gran Turismo 5 to be completed i would a blast with my XBOX 360 & get a massive price drop on my PS3 once they get released . People call troll for whatever they feel to.

12. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Funny, because in real life that's very similar to what I actually did... by the time GT 5 finally came out, I bought a PS3 for really cheap :/

Then "next gen" came again and I had insider knowledge Fanatec wouldn't be supported on either platform and that's what drove me to PC... i even put my whole chassis on casters in the event I might later check out console racers, then I got triple screens and AC had SO many mods, just no point in going back... though I do miss how much more social console players are and how easy it was to communicate. But I digress.

BrandonW77 and Cote Dazur like this.
  13. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

When Kunos was bought by Digital Bros, the press statement said 1.4 million copies of AC had been sold. SteamSpy indicates 400,000 copies have been sold on steam which implies 1 million console copies sold split between PS4 and XB1.

Cote Dazur and mantasisg 2 like this.
  14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thats horrible....

I mean thats awesome :D that it sold so much on console ! It is really great, but it is horrible then that so much less was sold for PC.

I hope they will get an update as soon as possible, and will be happy finally. And then we'll have some news for PC finally :D Hopefully.

fr13del likes this.
  15. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

remember steam spy doesnt account private accounts or friend only accounts so pc sales definitely higher then that

jonnyboy_99 and RufGTI like this.
  16. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Reguardless of the actual numbers, in today's day and age, a group as small as Kunos to achieve so much is the real achievement. Just a few years ago a 1m sales product was a "platinum hit", it's a lot more common now days but not at all common for a team that started with only a handful of people... might as well post a few Unicorn mems...

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

If those numbers are accurate, it means more than twice of AC player play a very diminutive version of what we are enjoying on PC. Mind you at this point there is no SIM alternative to play on console, so just having access to a SIM is already a blessing, but still I hope for the large majority of AC user that they will get soon an experience closer to what the minority on PC has been enjoying for years.

Epistolarius and ALB123 like this.
  18. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

19. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

The amount of people disappointed in the GT series. :eek::)

Who knows, but yeah... if that data was/is fairly acc.

F430_458_F12 likes this.