1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Hi, Lord Kunos! Please read and forward this detail to the relevant person. Very important!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ayrton Senna da Silva, May 2, 2017.

1. Hi, Lord Kunos

We are console players;

Please read and forward this detail to the relevant person.

-

We now want to do serious and official races. For this you need to have the following options on the custom lobby creation screen;

REALISM

1-) Option to lock all pilots into the cockpit camera

2-) Option to turn green road line off for all pilots

3-) Option to turn off car setup for all pilots

[​IMG]

Project CARS 2 console version custom private lobby / custom public lobby admin screen.

REALISM tab

Very successful. I like the special options very much. Designed with every detail in mind.

See the third screenshot;

-FORCE INTERIOR VIEW (YES/NO)
    -FORCE DRIVING LINE OFF (YES/NO)
    -FORCE DEFAULT SETUPS (YES/NO)

Very nice.

Assetto Corsa should be these three options in the online lobby settings

"Quality is hidden in detail."

[​IMG]

_________

also,
    A few major shortcomings;

- Custom button maping
    - Seat distance adjustment for cockpit camera
    - Downshift limiter bug (All vehicles have a downshift problem. Engine braking is not possible)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Interview with Lord Kunos about community, consoles, future Jan 11, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lord Kunos, Possible workaround the shadows issues :-) Dec 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room @Lord Kunos, will you add support for Nvidia's Ansel? May 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Lord Kunos What will your cat's first words be? May 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 3 Richieste se possibile a Lord kunos Apr 13, 2016
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Supreme alien overlord on the online leaderboard Nov 17, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Your Lordship: Please give us an untouched pure physics ffb, not that consumer thing. Jan 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Lord Karnage reviews AC Nov 12, 2016
    Screens & Videos Lordpatou's "live" videos Dec 6, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

1 force cockpit view, cockpit is the view that gives most feel and feedback to what the car is doing. Any other view is harder to drive in, some that use bonnet to maybe see more are only going to make it less likely they will hit you not gain any speed. Same with someone using an external view they will see other cars better making them less of a hazard but will effect their own feel for what the car is doing being slower for this reason. An option is fine but has zero effect on good drivers and only makes poorer ones less poor in traffic.

2 gives no advantage, any reasonable driver would never use the racing line as they will find their own better one using proper reference points. Anyone that uses this is at a disadvantage as they limit their ability to properly learn a track, having the option to force it off is ok but would make zero difference to anyones actual pace. Sure the guys used to the line will be even worse but they cant be very good if they need it. ;)

3 Forced setups is an option on PC and will likely come with the console server options at some point. Again proper drivers can make setups but having a fixed setup has no effect on actual racing. Our league ran fixed setups and gaps to most drivers is much the same as with open setups. Ive also tried fixed setups on my public servers and it doesnt make lesser drivers any closer to the quicker ones.

ohyeah2389, Minolin, LeDude83 and 7 others like this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You mock the game saying is past generation tecnology and the next day you beg the team for features...?

Dude, be serious.

5. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Still not the console version. Only pc version of Project Cars 2 has dedicated servers and those screenshots are from that..

pippo10, fr13del and LeDude83 like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hello Ayrton,

we are serious forum users and your posts have serius shortcomings:

1) They have been repeated and discussed a perceived 1000 times with the same result each time.
    Please stop.

Kind regards
    LeDude83

Basquiat, pippo10, gandlers and 4 others like this.
  7. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

This is just false, I use engine braking all the time. In cars like the Porsche 935 and Maserati 250F it’s necessary to properly slowing down.

Jon Legg likes this.
  8. lol, this gets me all the time :D

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It gets me more how he wants the dedicated server setup from pCars' PC version on AC's console version.

10. Darera

Darera Gamer

The problem is related to brake pressure. If you are fully on the brakes, no matter the engine speed. The speed does not pass. Maybe you brake not hard enough to realize the problem. But there is a problem.

Carlos_Fandango likes this.
  11. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Everytime I read "We are console players" I get this image in my mind which is completely unrelated for no reason and it just cracks me up. :p

[​IMG]

I feel bad for this guy though, will prolly get PCars2 on console while chanting "We are console players" and it will be too late before he realizes that there are no dedicated servers planned on their console version (confirmed by Ian himself, afaik), just that he was too silly to understand the difference between "admin console" and "admin for console". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. What does it have to do with dedicated servers? Even the console version of Project CARS 1, F1 2016 and Drive Club offers these options.

Thank you for your alerts. I do not have a bad purpose. I want to get it to the person in question. Because, as console users, we want to do the races on equal terms.

I have a company related to these issues and we organize online championships in the Project Cars PS4 and F1 2016 PS4 version which is more than 1 year in my countary.

These two productions offer us this flexibility. To be fair, we compete pilots on equal terms.

We are a crowded team. We now want to upgrade to the Assetto Corsa PS4 version.

Unfortunately, Assetto Corsa console version does not offer us these options and this flexibility.

In fact, very basic and very simple features.

-

F1 2015 console version has these options.

F1 2016 console version has these options.

Project CARS 1 console version has these options.

Project CARS 2 console version has these options.

-

Why are not these options available in the Assetto Corsa console version? It is a very sad situation.

Best regards
    Thank you

SBRL ICEMAN and ohyeah2389 like this.
  13. Darera

Darera Gamer

Always the same question, Very important !!!
    I think Kunos has already answered, more than once.
    They will give the details, of the update, when they will be near to do so.
    Impatience is an ugly defect. Insistence, repetition, in this case, is also a real lack of respect for Kunos.
    It is not to trust them, in that they have already answered several times.

Ischemica likes this.
  14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

@Ayrton Senna da Silva the screens that you are so fond of posting (4th or 5th time now I think) from Project Cars 2 are for PC players to set up dedicated servers and have nothing to do with the console version of the game.

So it is you that brought dedicated servers to this thread. o_O

Project Cars does not allow he host to turn off the racing line either if memory serves. It has been a while since I setup a lobby in that game...