1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Difference between real wheel and ingame wheel rotation

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Grijo, May 2, 2017.

1. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Even after the patch, still exists some cars with a significant difference between real wheel and ingame wheel rotation. Audi R8 V10, Porsche 935 "Moby Dick", Ferrari F40 Stage 3, Lotus Exige 240 Stage 3 and Lamborghini Miura are some examples. All the patches were downloaded and installed correctly. I re-installed the game but the problem is still there.

Plataform - PS4
    Wheel - Logitech G29

I already did a report in the customer support from 505 games. I doing that here because maybe other people are having the same problem and can confirm that as a "bug".

@Lord Kunos and @AC_CM505, can you take a look at this, please? And maybe include the fix in the next patch (not this one that will be released right now, a future one) Thanks for your time.

PS:
    1- Sorry about my english because it´s not my first language.
    2- THIS IS NOT A RANT OR GENERAL COMPLAIN THREAD. AND THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO DISCUSS PROJECT CARS OR GRAN TURISMO SPORT.
    Audi R8 90 / 180 degrees
    Audi R8 90 degrees.jpg

Audi R8 180 degrees.jpg

Ferrari F40 Stage 3 90 / 180 degrees
    Ferrarri F40 Stage 3 90 degrees.jpg

Ferrarri F40 Stage 3 180 degrees.jpg

Porsche Moby Dick 90 / 180 degrees
    Porsche Moby Dick 90 degrees.jpg
    Porsche Moby Dick 180 degrees.jpg

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds differences between versions Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating - differences between driver statistics and ingame Sep 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gain differences between cars Nov 19, 2022
    General modding discussion What is the difference between list and tuples in Python Jan 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game ruining bug: Big difference between HUD lap time and speed on track Aug 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay What is difference between restart race and quit and re-enter race? Apr 8, 2021
    ACC Physics Differences between GT of different years Feb 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No difference between FFB/no FFB ? Dec 28, 2020
    ACC User Interface Performance Difference between Fullscreen enabled/disabled? Nov 1, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Exactly how much difference is there between 90's / vintage Street and modern Street? May 9, 2020
    ACC Physics Anyone educated know the differences between the 2018 and 2019 991 GT3? Apr 3, 2020
    ACC Physics Extreme fuel consumption differences between cars Oct 14, 2019
    ACC Physics Difference in laptimes between dry and wet 1.0.10 Sep 26, 2019
    Console Lounge Difference between lobby and other modes Nov 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Difference between PS4 and PC versions Nov 1, 2018

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

The miura in particular has a very large limit irl (something like 1400 degrees) so you can't have a 1:1 rotation without losing the ability to go all the way to the lock on either side. Not sure about the actual limit of the other ones but most cars IRL have closer to 1100 degrees (typically 2.8 to 3.2 full turns) rather than 900 (2.5).

Lewisxbone likes this.
  4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

This might be a stupid reply, have you set the deg in the options in the video section. On tx on Xbox we have to set the option in video to 900 so wheel mirrors what you see on screen.

Grijo likes this.
  5. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Not stupid at all, you're only trying to help.
    The Logitech G29 doesn't give you the option to set degree rotation on console, only if you plug the wheel on PC and launch the Logitech software. And even doing that, I don't know if this works on console. Mine is already set for 900 degrees. And it already comes with this configuration from factory.
    The thing is that before Porsche Pack 2, I never had rhis problem with any car. After the update for PP2, pratically all cars were messed up. They released a hotfix for that but didn't resolved all the problems. That's why I'm reporting the "bug".

6. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi mate

Did you go in the options of assetto / video / visual wheel rotation?

There try to put that option in "900 degrees"

Or in "no"

Normally set in "no" the visual wheel rotation should match your real wheel rotation.

But maybe cause Logitech G29 only has 900 degrees Vs. Trusthmaster wheels that has 1080 degrees your best option could also be setting the visual wheel rotation at 900.

Give it a try and let Know if it fixed your issues. :)

Grijo likes this.
  7. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Hmmm...I can try that...But this is not only a visual problem, is that the car really steer more in the game than in the real wheel...But I´ll try that, thanks for your idea :)

8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Your welcome!

Will be aware on feedback to see if its the solution or not.
    At least with that you can discard other thing if it doesn't work for you.
    And will help the dev's also

Grijo likes this.
  9. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Gracias amigo! ;)

Donnced2 likes this.
  10. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

I have exactly the same issue, checked in:
    -Porsche Moby Dick
    -Mazda Mx5Cup

And the issue isn't just visual, the cars has a high steering and they're very difficult to drive.

I've already reported the issue to Kunos (bug reporting form) and Stefano Casillo (via Twitter), and he has answered me he will check today. Thanks again Stefano

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Grijo and Donnced2 like this.
  11. thx for the video, very useful.
    I see you solve the problem by restarting AC. Does the issue happen EVERY time? Or only sometimes?

SlimCharles, Grijo and Donnced2 like this.
  12. One more question:

When the rotation is wrong, is it always wrong by the same factor? Or the factor changes?

SlimCharles and Grijo like this.
  13. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

In my case, it is not always (i think...).

The factor is always the same. I suppose you are reffering "factor" to ratio degrees (180º) (sorry for my English)...

The way I turn on my console: I start PS4 with local button, the G29 auto calibrate, after calibration I switch on the wheel, and a start the game. I always keep the same pattern...

Grijo likes this.
  14. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

EDIT: I've just tested again.

Starting Assetto Corsa.

Practice:
    Porsche Moby Dick: NO ISSUES
    Mazda Mx5 Cup: NO ISSUES

Changing a new car (Practice):
    Porsche LMP1 2016: NO ISSUES

Again changing the car (Practice):
    Porsche Moby Dick: WRONG ROTATION!!!
    Mazda Mx5 Cup: WRONG ROTATION!!!

Restarting the game:
    Porsche Moby Dick: NO ISSUES
    Mazda Mx5 Cup: NO ISSUES

In this case, the bug has been introduced once selected LMP1 Porsche... The bug is present at 100% with this pattern. I suppose the game keep the steering ratio of LMP1 (lower degrees) and when you select a new car (with higher ratio) the game keeps the previous LMP1 (or Formula) ratio.

DatNoiseV12, Grijo and Matt White like this.
  15. good job.. passed the info to the ps4 dev, this will make fixing it super easy, thank you

paul_wev, Grijo, Dookie and 4 others like this.
  16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi!

I just tried out the problem with my trusthmaster T150 following @fbetes way to reproduce the rotation issue.
    And I've got the same issues.
    There's a "quick fix" as changin the degrees on the wheel that allow me not to restart the game as the users above with the Logitech G29.

Can the team also look into this or is it necessary to open a new thread?

Thanks in advance Stefano

Grijo likes this.
  17. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

The issue with G29 wheel is that you can't change the rotation on the fly... The only fix is restarting the game.

Grijo and Donnced2 like this.
  18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

For sure mate..

Don't understand why in hell the Logitech team did that.
    Because on the G27 the possibility to change on the fly the rotation degrees was there.

I really expected more from Logitech with the G29.... Better FFB system, better shifter...

Realy sad that sony didn't alow compatibility with the G27 because the FFB system is the same, pedal set the same and the shifter better and the ability to change your rotation degrees on the fly.

See you around mate! And thanks for your time on helping with this issue!
    This is the way the community should work... One trying to help the other;):)

Grijo, paul_wev and fbetes like this.
  19. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I slept yesterday and we were only starting a thread. I woke up and suddendly things are already happening? Awesome! That was a superfast answer from Kunos! Thanks to all that participated on the thread with ideas and a great thanks to @fbetes for the video and for the testing, I even had time to test the idea that @Donnced2 gave.
    A special thanks to @Lord Kunos. Mr. Stefano, thumbs up for the quick reply, thanks a lot.
    Now is wait for the patch and enjoy even more AC.
    Cheers my friends, see you on the track!

fbetes, paul_wev and Donnced2 like this.
  20. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

If you select the Ferrari F1 (instead of LMP1) the bug is present as well...

I've just tested and it's checked 100%

Grijo and paul_wev like this.
  21. Luisandro

Luisandro Rookie

@Lord Kunos. @AC_CM505 whats is happening to the online lobbies? mine is on loading screen sinds i started the game

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk