1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Elimination of Persistent Crashers Idea (Feedback Welcome)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Winston, May 7, 2017.

1. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Could I have some feedback on an idea I have for filtering out the bad guys. For your information I like to dip into public servers and race when I have time rather than sign up to a league and it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) that most servers don't bother filter out MR C + drivers.

Has anyone considered the combination of a simple algorithm combined with a simple rule?

Each driver has value based on the number of contacts per kilometer based on the average for clean drivers. You could temporarily ban drivers who reach a value way above the value of a reasonably clean driver , every subsequent ban should double in length(a ban length multiplier).
    Like the 'grain of rice on the chessboard ' problem, persistent crashers would soon get the message or disappear for increasingly longer periods.

Your opinions warmly received :)

Bas B and Dando0 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost / frozen car / persistent dust cloud Jul 18, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer 6.1 Persistent Non Responsive Setup Screen Mar 7, 2019
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues tyre smoke/ dust clouds persistent Jul 17, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues No persistent grip between sessions Aug 2, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Feature Request: Persistent Car Setups Feb 2, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues CTRL+H not persistent after replay Jan 22, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Personal best performance shaper - persistent delta Dec 6, 2013

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Isnt there already something like this ingame, too many contacts to close to each other and you get sent back to pit? I wont try if its actually implemented for obvious reasons. :p

Pixelchaser likes this.
  4. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Really , I've never heard of that or seen it implemented.

My idea would kick them from the server and the length of time banned would double each time they are kicked.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

6. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for that. Incidentally I have had to wait for a time-out with no idea why, I thought it was a bug. No one seems to know what Anti-Wrecker protection is. Hopefully a moderator will answer that question.

Anyway I am really looking for opinions in this post on my idea, specifically the x2 time multiplier for repeated bans for drivers with a overly high average collision/kilometre.

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, it's in.

Max_Contacts_per_KM in the server setup.
    Though it's not just contacts overall, but contacts with different cars.
    Default setting is 5, which means one driver would need to contact 5 different cars within 1 km driven distance. This can basicly only filter out intentional wreckers that park in/behind turns and crash others.

And even then the system works like warning, teleport to pits and then kick iirc.

On the Street Fight (MR AB) servers I've set it to 2 contacts per km, so far I got one warning which was in a T1 pile-up mass crash at race start at Monza 66 Junior.

8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Okay, thanks for explaining that.
    It's good to know there is something in place although as you suggest it's very limited in what it's designed to do.

I'm hoping the powers that be have a ponder on my "kick and multiply" idea (coupled with the average clean collision count), I'd be interested to hear what they think about it.

9. Dando0

Dando0 Gamer

i have this settings in my servers but there are some crasher anyway :(
    MAX_CONTACTS_PER_KM=3
    and i have Minorating to

/Anders

10. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Which means, there must be a contact with 3 different cars (in your case, @Dando0 )

Edit
    On my Driving school-server it is limited to 1 and i think its working fine. Of course, on a race-server this could be a little more tricky...

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

If the system acts so rarely, there might be something else going into the equation, no?

2 different cars contacted during 1 km can happen very easily at start but I never got it, at all. Maybe relative impact speed is also being evaluated?

I didn't know the details of this system but it sounds better than I thought TBH. IMO it would be even better if it was time-based. Maximum contacts per minute. Crash, drive 1 km and crash again is a lot more convenient than crash, drive 3 minutes and crash again. Punishment of crasher and protection of the others would be better this way.

12. Dando0

Dando0 Gamer

Thanks for the info :)
    hm so i maybe lower that value then to see if it goes better then :)
    and the Minorating A,B,C i need to change to only A,B but the other side is maybe no one will join the server :/

/Anders

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Most of my servers are MR AB with 1 of the 6 being MR ABC, my max contacts is set to 2 but I have never seen the warning and cant say I noticed it kick in. I'm sure when servers get a bit messy some would have got the warning but I think it gives a few warnings before the kick.

The issue really isnt with more servers being MR AB its more about guys rated AB to actually look out for AB only servers, sure jump into the others for a bit of fun with others but if your looking for cleaner racing then surely the strictest entry should be the best choice. I think its pretty easy to keep an AB rating so would rather drive with others that also would find it hard to drop from that grade. Joining servers allowing CD or N means your wanting to race with people rated fairly poor in traffic, very poor in traffic and those the system hasn't seen do 40km yet so can be anything in traffic. This over an AB server with only guys rated fairly good in traffic seems a no brainer to me but it seems as if the simple system is too much for the majority to understand and use best to get a better mp experience. Not everyone wants this but clearly many do which is why the system was made and many run servers with it.

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@martcerv is 100 %, spot-on right.

Still, I sense that the anti-wrecker feature from Kunos is a diamond in the rough because it doesn't - like the great Minorating - require long-time statistics on the drivers.

Thinking out loud: If you limit the contacts allowed to 0.5/minute AND 0.25/km that means you need to complete a whole clean lap without crashing someone. You can't just wait standing still for the 2 minutes to pass and then crash again.

Maybe during the first minute of the race an exception needs to be in place so people don't get punished due to the obligatory T1 rubbing.

Does anyone else think this is worth a shot?

15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Hmm thanks for everyone's comments they are appreciated but I'm sure MR has been done to death here, I was more interested (for the third time :) ) in your take on my idea. Whether you think it has legs. Thanks

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You wonder why most servers dont filter out MR C+

Then want a simple algorithm to filter out poor drivers. :rolleyes: Well if its so simple then maybe try code it and see how you go, unless you think its just simple for someone else.

There is a good system that does exactly what your wanting but not session based more career based or last 1000km. If you want to join a server where everyone can get in but then all the poor drivers get kicked after they ruin the races for most others and let this cycle restart with every new user that joins. Many people can go 100's of km without causing a collision many cant do half a lap, mixing the 2 really isnt a great experiance for both.

I have no issues with poor drivers in mp, I just dont want them in servers I join or run. There are thousands of others they can join I never will and I dont need them hitting me multiple times each lap before they get kicked then wonder if the new guy that joined will have half a clue or not. ;)

The antiwrecker feature should already do part of what you want and that other system if used properly by users and admins will help you join servers without people wrecking everyone regularly.

Maybe you havent tried to admin a fully open public server before, I suggest you try and will see what a never ending battle this is. No matter how many get kicked its a never ending stream with a reasonable percentage of all new drivers joiners needing to be kicked simply so others can race cleanly. In the end the good drivers leave as its a waste of time being in the server and the bad ones never stop coming.

A system that rates people then allows you to filter the server out from the worst guys for the people that want clean racing, also allows users to easily see who is allowed in and how good they are in traffic the choose the level of drivers they want to race with should easily outdo your theory IMHO.

But you can always prove me wrong by making it and we can see the results. Personally for me what we have does work well if used well but it rarely is by admins and general users so most dont get or see the actual benefits of the system.

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Sounds like a taxi fare lol, Im sure the feature could be expanded or give more adjustment options for admins. Like I said Ive never seen the current system in action on my servers even set as strict as possible. Well you could have 1 and people get kicked for just hitting a car, or 0 and they get kicked for not hitting another car. :D

18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the reply .

I'm not sure you get the subtle differences between what I propose and what currently exists, thanks for your time anyway.

Just to be clear for everyone else. what do you think of the ban multiplier idea ; note that when the ban expires and you join a server you still have the task of achieving a reasonable average contact per klm ( not overly hard and based on an average of other drivers) it's just should you persist in crashing your next ban length will double.

Thanks again

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Then just make it and let people test it unless that was never your intention. ;)

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I suggest you fix the server admins rather than the system. :p

LeDude83 likes this.
  21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@Winston, here's some feedback on your initial idea: it's similar to MR - if a driver drops below a certain rating, they are excluded from certain servers. In your idea it might happen instantly (--> kick) whereas with MR you need to leave the server until the system kicks in.

If you implemented the auto kick into MR and made it harder to regain a certain MR grade once lost, it would pretty much be your idea.

Your system would also need low grade rehab servers because otherwise people would be banned from each server for the penalty period. Many would quit AC because of that.
    So with your idea in place, would you join the low grade rehab servers? Because that's what you do when entering a MR server that allows C grade while you're AB.

My conclusion is that your system is no improvement over what's there, already.

martcerv likes this.