1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Has anyone ever run identical laptimes ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, May 9, 2017.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

I ran 14 laps at Vallelunga classic in the 911R. I don't typically run this track but I wanted something simple, short with decent speeds. On lap 6 I ran a 125.072, nothing to brag about but my fastest lap in this car at this track. On lap 14 I ran the exact time, 125.072.

After watching the videos Aris posted, I started paying closer attention to my brake reference points. Also after lap 12 I adjusted the cold PSI in an attempt to balance the hot PSI temps. PSI was about prefect this time on all four tires, after 2 laps I exactly matched my best time. Trippy !

Big thanx to Aris for helping us all understand the basics and to see it actually make a such a dramatic difference on track in such a short period of time is without question a testament to his teaching skills

Thank you !

Epistolarius, paulieGTR and vlado Cro like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone been able to use the extra buttons on fanatec gt3 v2 rim or similar? Jan 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone noticed your best personal lap times are not shown each series Jul 10, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone upgraded from Ryzen 2600x to 3600x? May 20, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Has anyone tried this before ? May 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Has Anyone experienced the invalid spawn issue?? Dec 24, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Anyone experience pulsing signal navigating menus is ACC? All chassis mode BK's activating when not Sep 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer For anyone who has a problem with server search ! Nov 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone got any advice of balancing the URD cars with stock Toyota and Porsche? Jun 9, 2018
    Console Lounge Has anyone here driven a Ferrari f40 IRL? Sep 14, 2016
    Tracks modding anyone has experience with MOTEC gps log CSV importing to 3ds max? Jan 21, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Anyone has some advice to run ac Nov 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone noticed any ai improvements in 1.3? Oct 9, 2015
    3D car models Has anyone made 2015 hankook tyres for the sls gt3? Mar 23, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone noticed this..? Oct 16, 2014

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

At least 2 times I had the situation that I qualified second with exactly the same time as the first.

In one of these cases, it was actually 0.001s on the second-to-last quali lap and I managed to gain exactly that 0.001s resulting in identical lap times after quali. :cool:
    But identical times myself in a single session? Maybe, don't know.

4. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

I manage to do steady lap times. Always within a (couple) hundreds of second. Of course with tire degradation the lap times wil drop, but always manage to keep them steady. With qualifying I sometimes can do the same lap time twice.

5. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I'm also very steady a driver, I can repeat my mistakes lap after lap, almost like doing it intentionally:p

6. Once 3 laps in a row, lol.

7. Yes of course. Several times after nearly 1000 hours of playing AC :p

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think it happened to be identical sector times once too haha

However I'm such a random driver, hardly any lap is the same...

I'm trying to convert myself into setting braking points everywhere, after the very first "How To" by Aris. But I'm continuing to do it by feel at most turns, also experimenting frequantly: "what if I just lift", "what if I brake into apex, instead of in straight line and then turning into apex", "what if I'll take middle here this time" and so on.....

It is just maths...

There might be someone looking exactly like you somewhere in other side of the world lol

9. Turk

Turk Alien

Not often, my laps times are often wildly different, I'm happy if it's within a hundredths of a second.

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Does being one of two drivers with the same lap time in a race count too?

2017-03-21 00_32_49-20170320162740_1.jpg - IrfanView.jpg

:D

(I have set ptracker to only show two digits, but it were identical lap times down to the 1/1000 s)

Jaood likes this.
  11. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

video or never happened

12. Orne

Orne Alien

Actually I have a video.
    :eek::p

Track grip was at 97% for whatever thats worth.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    paulieGTR and rafikens1000 like this.
  13. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Even an inconsistent driver will stand a *very* good chance of running an identical laptime at some point in their sim racing experiences, assuming they're not a beginner and have been doing it at least a couple of years.

14. anything-but

anything-but Guest

Race with a dead heat finish in the 2017 Rsr. :)

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Depends more on the car and how it runs with tyres and fuel load dropping but my times dont vary too much usually, quite often I have run Identical times here is just one league race recently. No identical laptimes here closest for consecutive laps was .001 ;) but not a lot between most of them. A few slower laps lapping traffic as it was a pretty short lap.

Race 1
    upload_2017-5-9_23-22-40.png upload_2017-5-9_23-23-19.png

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  16. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

I've hotlapped identical times several times. Also during open server qually 2 times in a week of which both times I've set it first and ended up 2nd on the grid. That should be the other way around IMO.

btw, at @anything-but. After seeing the result screen it shows there was a difference of 36 thousands if I saw that correctly. Still nice finish though.

paulieGTR likes this.
  17. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I did it once 2 laps in a row with the same time while the rest of the 25 laps were within 0.1sec max with a gamepad on another title. That's was like 10 years ago.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Some series, i.e. MotoGP, use the 2nd fastest lap to determine who is placed at the better grid spot if two drivers set identical fastest lap times.

Don't know if AC is random here or how it works.

19. Orne

Orne Alien

Ahh very interesting

20. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

I don't know if the rule still applies today in F1. Here is a 3-way tie during the F1 European GP qually from '97. First Villeneuve, Schumacher and Frentzen set identical times respectively. They mention it at around 2:20 in the video. IMO I think it's fair to give the benefit to the person who set the time first. Not only because he set it first but also because generally the track improves.

Orne, paulieGTR and matz_AUT like this.
  21. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think it still applies in F1.
    Depends on the racing series afaik.