1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New server - GT3 ONLY★RED BULL RING GP★[MR-ABCN]★10 LAPS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by D3NNISZX, May 11, 2017.

1. D3NNISZX

D3NNISZX Rookie

Today I setup a new server. Would be cool if you guys could check it out.

Server information:

Server name:
    GT3 ONLY★RED BULL RING GP★[MR-AB]★STRACKER★10 LAPS

Tracks:
    - Red Bull Ring GP
    - More to be added! Please request via the steam group or this thread.

Cars:
    - Audi R8 LMS Ultra
    - BMW Z4 GT3
    - Ferrari 488 GT3
    - Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    - McLaren 650S GT3
    - Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3
    - Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
    - Nissan GT-R GT3
    - Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016

Plugins:
    - minorating.com plugin (AB grades only)
    - stracker
    - AC_TrackCycle
    - More to be added! Please request via the steam group or this thread.

Join the steam group via: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ACGT3
    Join discord via: https://discord.gg/WYxd4

Of course, feel free to leave any other feedback via the steam group or this thread.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Ischemica likes this.

2. D3NNISZX

D3NNISZX Rookie

AC_TrackCycle and stracker plugins added.

3. Oh wow, a GT3 server, thank god somebody finally made one.

Cote Dazur, Philipp Mann and donShere like this.
  4. Nice! Gt3 are my favorite to race. Will definitely check it out tomorrow

D3NNISZX likes this.
  5. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

ABCNot interesting.

AmorFati and Tomcul like this.
  6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Manchmal einfach mal die Klappe halten, Jungs.

You dont like it - then dont drive it. No need to mock or mow down that guy.

McGregor, Gunja and fr13del like this.
  7. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I need this kind of server to manage to get out of my grade C

fr13del likes this.
  8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sure. Although I wonder, if it says "GT3 Only", why does it feature the Cup Porsche?

D3NNISZX and Gunja like this.
  9. fr13del

fr13del Racer

@D3NNISZX
    I really, really would deliberate if i would let N in... I give the N a chance on my Driving school-server and i often bash my head on the wheel. :)
    I had my Trackday set up with N too, but thats too chaotic, especially when AC is in sale, so its on ABC. Most AB-guys here say that they don't even join a C-allowed server, but thats their right to choose.
    I for myself say that you have to drive considerately and you have to look precisely ahead - more than ever if you're AB, cause you should know how bad it can be. This forward looking driving is imho what the fun is. You're on a really fast lap and a n00b crosses your path? Go on the brake, wait for the right moment, overtake & full throttle away!
    In my thread you can find a video in the first post, with cobra on highland - around 7:00 i encounter 2 other cobras, D + N-drivers, and we had a little fun. I think AB-guys would have left the server immediately. ;)

So, really, think over the N-thing. But i'm pretty sure that i'm gonna risk a look - if its N or not. :D

edit
    @Berniyh
    Maybe cause it has GT3 in his name. It's pretty hard to get all this stuff together when your not a petrolhead. ;)

btw
    Is there somewhere a list what cars can be used as nice opponents? :)

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    D3NNISZX and chksix like this.
  10. Gunja

Gunja Alien

What Berniyh said, cup car has no place in here if it's GT3 only.

11. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Wouldnt touch a abcn server. ABC is realy a entrance level to block enough off the holigans out there. And GT3 again. Realy.

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

My trackday server is set up with ABCN and from what I can tell it works out fine … to some extent.

Sure there are a lot of people crashing and there are incidents, but it's not a big deal and I don't read too many complaints.

Having said that, I would never set up a racing server with anything other than AB.

fr13del likes this.
  13. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Relax, just giving my opinion in a light hearted way that ABCN servers are not interesting, already too much of those. AB would draw more attention IMO, even A if possible.

14. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Oh wow, Hornbuckle being an *****le to someone with different preferences. Never saw that one coming.

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

*Funny, what grade are you missing? W for wreckers?o_O
    Joke aside, good luck with your GT3 server and thank you for your efforts.:)

D3NNISZX and Jebus like this.
  16. D3NNISZX

D3NNISZX Rookie

I appreciate the genuine feedback guys. I'm fairly new to Assetto Corsa and indeed I'm no GT3 petrolhead so I didn't know about the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 so thanks for pointing that out. I swapped it for the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 now. I'm using RSR livetimes to see which cars can be opponents of each other and based on that I'm trying to balance the cars. Besides, the cars with the fastest and most laptimes might be the most preferable cars. Actual qualifications/races will tell whether this approach is right.

I was not too sure about the minorating because I'm new to this system but I think I will change the minorating to grades A&B to make it more of a competitive and pleasant experience. I also experienced myself that it should not be hard to achieve these grades (especially when using Helicorsa).

This weekend I will look into the possibility of hosting the server on a RackService server so it can be accessed 24/7.

About GT3 though, what kind of server would you guys rather see then?

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    fr13del and donShere like this.