1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

German F1 TV-Reporter is testing Formula 1 Simulator (Running AC)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Deleted member 21076, May 13, 2017.

1. Hi,
    I just wanted to show you this:
    http://www.tvnow.de/rtl/formel-1/freies-training-gp-von-spanien/player

Min: 2:35

The german TV-Reporter and DTM Driver Timo Glock is testing a formula 1 simulator and explaining the track. And what makes me stunning the most is: It is running Assetto Corsa. You can clearly see the KUNOS Cat Logo at 3:00.

Anyone know what car he`s driving? Maybe we can expect a 2017 F1 car from Kunos? What do you think about the video? Is AC now proven by the Formula 1 the most realistic sim, or why are they using AC?

tabis and Dookie like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XB SX game is missing german texts (now only english!) Feb 22, 2022
    ACC User Interface German language in replay UI Feb 8, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room german speaking community? Jul 7, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 227 - Italian TT, and a German walks in a Park May 22, 2021
    ACC User Interface translation to german bugs Oct 1, 2020
    ACC User Interface (German) AM is wrongly translated to "Vorm." Jul 30, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room SimRacingXP - German speaking beginner friendly Community & League Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room German Simracing Community | Virtual-Motorsport.de Aug 13, 2019
    ACC Gameplay errors in German translation Jul 5, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Admin Handbook (german translate) Jul 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions UI - GERMAN Jun 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions German esports league MSRL is running (yet another) ACC league Jun 11, 2019
    ACC User Interface Translation mistake in German translation (settings menu) May 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions An Italian, Hungarian, German and Greek meet at a... Belgian bar... May 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Developer Minolin just posted playlist of his Tutorials for beginners in ACC (GERMAN language) Apr 16, 2019

3. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

"Entschuldigung, die gewünschte Seite wurde leider nicht gefunden"

4. Works without any problems in germany. Maybe try to browse this page with a german ip? I´ll post screenshots in a few minutes.

5. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Or record the video maybe?

6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

The site just displays a blue background for me, I'm in Austria.

Edit: Seems to be the firewall at work that blocks the connection.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  7. chakko

chakko Alien

Yeah, it's geolocation dependant if you're able to see it or not. But, the video indeed shows the Kunos Simulazioni banner on the Barcelona GP track. :) Also wonder what car it is, as Time Glock talks about the "2017 cars" behaving like that, so, it's obviously one of the 2017 cars modelled, maybe a Ferrari? Kunos also do driving simulators for real life motorsport treams, don't they?

Deleted member 21076 likes this.
  8. So I tried to take some screenshots but it seems to have a blocker against that. Sorry guys. I think the easiest way is to browse the page with a german IP (with a browser - plugin)

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yep. Likely Assetto Corsa Pro (clearly Kunos logo on some textures and it looks very much like the SF70H with the latest cockpit design (mirrors with the recent struts design for example). And likely since Kunos already supply simulators to Ferrari for marketing they can also offer these semi-mobile simulators for driver training when the guys are on race weekend. Very cool find, thanks.

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Seems to resemble the 2017 car. Hard to tell. The car model isn't really important in that view, typically you'd only see tyres. The sim rig itself is definitely older. Kunos logo:

[​IMG]

SF70H at Barcelona:
    [​IMG]

11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd imagine it's some marketing rig they use in a corporate capacity. I can't believe the drivers would want to switch between car and sim during the weekend.

Still interesting though and demonstrates there's other stuff going on at Kunos beyond the retail products we see.

12. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

The new FOM is bringing simulators to the races for fans to drive as one of their moves to make things more attractive to said fans.
    Is this it? If so what a coup for Kunos Simulazioni!!! Can we dream of an oficial F1 title?

I can't watch it because i'm in Brazil.

As for the car it seems more generic than the SF70-H, thus far Kunos has been against bringing generic cars to the consumer version of AC so it's unlikely any of us will drive it at our homes... we'll have to wait until Ferrari gives the greenlight ;)

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im curious to what the actual difference is between the professional simulator Kunos make and the amateur one that we bought.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its possible its similar code but with a different license so can be used for commercial purposes as the retail version we have isnt.

upload_2017-5-14_18-29-18.png

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

iirc, one difference is that the physics are calculated on a separate computer.

Mogster likes this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I've read that the top teams use their own physics.

I suppose they can throw all the computing power they need at it.

17. chakko

chakko Alien

Yeah, it's most likely that the Pro version of AC is much more modifiable, so that the teams can test different scenarios etc.

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Ferrari need to practice more at driving at night, preferebly in rain, so they can be more safe on track. Can someone tell them that?

19. chakko

chakko Alien

20. majuh

majuh Gamer

21. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

It wasn't like that for the Honda Green hell challenge rig which used AC Pro (unless a really small 2nd pc hidden somewhere)