1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Reserved Slots and extra slots

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Himmo Bhiles, May 19, 2017.

1. Himmo Bhiles

Himmo Bhiles Rookie

You should also try to patch the pits in the circuits (there are already OSRW verisons) and give the opportunity to reserve slots as you can in other games.
    With the booking not working, because anyone after booking can use that slot if it is not already busy (always on servers without password).
    Slots that require access to a specific password (not the server).
    Es.
    // Maximum Clients
    set sv_maxclients "32"
    set sv_privateclients "10"
    // Private Client Slot Password
    set sv_privatePassword "kunosclient"

Last edited: May 19, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer How do I set up EntryList for reserved slots? Dec 1, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Reserved slots behaviour Mar 18, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Reserved slots in pickup mode Aug 19, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC Server Reserved Slot Apr 14, 2021
    ACC User Interface Bentley '19 doesn't save setup [presets named "con" cannot be saved; reserved DOS device names] Apr 16, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Window position and size is not preserved across racing sessions. Jan 18, 2015
    ACC Multiplayer 24 slots? Nov 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Spectator slots Sep 17, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Server won't have more than 30 slots Jul 30, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.3.10] Mercedes AMG Rear Bumper Slots.. Apr 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Event test 50slots Dec 26, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Own dedicated server but no slots available Dec 23, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Slots on Private Server is absurd. Nov 1, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Number of tracked slots Sep 2, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Do two team drivers take two server slots? Jul 23, 2019

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You can assign specific slots to steam GUIDs. That means that only that user (or those users, if you assign multiple GUIDs to a single slot) can take that slot.
    I think that's the appropriate way to do it here. Unless I misunderstood your intention, of course. ;)

4. Himmo Bhiles

Himmo Bhiles Rookie

But this can be done in "pickup_mode" if the server has 26 slots and 26 people enter when the non-reserved slots (no GUIDs) end the server does not block and also occupy the reserved ones (with GUID).

In booking mode, instead of the guide without the guide or you can not enter PickupLockedEntryList on or with PickupLockedEntryList off you book and enter any car.

It would be useful if the server either in "pickup" or in "Booking" reserved slots with a password as I have already shown the example above.

Es.
    // Maximum Clients
    set sv_maxclients "32"
    set sv_privateclients "10"
    // Private Client Slot Password
    set sv_privatePassword "kunosclient"

Virtually the server is free but arrived at 22 clients should no longer allow entry to those who do not enter the password for the reserved slots.
    This limit is convenient on Team servers who want to allow their riders to have reserved slots at all times.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  5. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

Don't think it works that way; the GUID's are only guidance when one of those players selects that car. A simplified example:

[CAR_0]
    DRIVERNAME=Sven
    GUID=7################
    MODEL=lotus_elise_sc_s1

[CAR_1]
    MODEL=ks_alfa_romeo_4c

[CAR_2]
    MODEL=lotus_elise_sc_s1

[CAR_3]
    DRIVERNAME=You
    GUID=7################
    MODEL=lotus_elise_sc_s1

If I join AND choose the Lotus, I'll automatically take car 0 if it's not already taken (it's not reserved). If someone else takes a Lotus before me, I get car 2; also tested this. If You(!) join before me and take a Lotus, you'll get car 3. If you pick the Alfa, you'll get car 1 (and it's not specific to you, even though your GUID is on the list).

You can also not reserve a slot for me where I can choose a car myself, as leaving the MODEL empty doesn't work, since the server has to know how many of each car you want on the server. That is actually what keeps your suggestion from working, but I of course have no idea how this works under AC's hood and if it's possible to change it without causing lots of other things to break; I assume that it can't be changed at this point.

The recent LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST=1 still requires GUIDs; if there's no GUID entered for a specific slot, no-one can take it (just tested this as I thought it might be a possible solution).

A possible solution that I can think of would be:

[CAR_0]
    DRIVERNAME=Sven
    GUID=7################
    MODEL=lotus_elise_sc_s1
    PASSWORD=svenspassword

No one can take my car without my personal password, but still, if I want the Alfa in the previous example, it would need another slot on the entry list, like:

[CAR_1]
    DRIVERNAME=Sven
    GUID=7################
    MODEL=ks_alfa_romeo_4c
    PASSWORD=svenspassword

The more cars and freedom you want to give your reserved players, the less (public) people can join.

Himmo's suggestion of course also could work, but without reserving specific cars if there are more than one MODEL available.

6. Himmo Bhiles

Himmo Bhiles Rookie

SvenUilhoorn even your solution would be excellent
    [CAR_0]
    DRIVERNAME=Sven
    GUID=7################
    MODEL=lotus_elise_sc_s1
    PASSWORD=svenspassword

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well there you have it.
    Just add LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST=2 meaning that only the slots with non-empty GUID are locked.

I don't see a necessity for anything of the rest.

8. Himmo Bhiles

Himmo Bhiles Rookie

Does not work:
    LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST=2
    PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED=1

One slot with "guid" and one without (for test max player 2)

If you connect without "guid" the server refuses access

Server "Cannot Join The Server: No Aivalable Slots"

In booking mode i do not care so i did not try it.
    No one is booked to play on a free server.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Of course it doesn't, because LOCKED_ENTRY_LIST=2 doesn't exist.
    It was a suggestion by me. Instead of cluttering the whole entry list with unrequired info. ;)
    Especially no need for user-specific passwords. Your GUID is your password.

But since it is currently not implemented this way, it won't work.
    Sorry, if that was not clear.