1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hm. Ok understood, but even if this is a mistake it's not related to the new plugin.

No, toggling really doesn't anything except to prevent the message or not. Error spotting is hard, I have some kind of crashlog but not the infrastructure to work with it :-/

2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, two sessions with deci. One had 1.1CP, the other one 1.9, but I guess 1.0 of the 1.9 session was from a crash with another driver that briefly joined, since deci has 0.9CP in that session.

You can cut T1, don't know though if you can gain time with it.

I figured since there aren't places for it that there is no detection implemented. Just wanted to be sure.

And the second part of the GP chicane might give a little advantage.

3. Minolin

Nurb T1 is a great example to talk about. Yes I can't rule out that there are cars that can cut in advantage (although I don't see it). Still I won't put a definition there unless we really face somebody who's successfully cutting there.
    Chances are huge that you one day need the space to escape a T1 wreckage, you can't get unneccesary points where there's no definition ;)

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I wasn't requesting or suggesting it, just shared my thoughts. Nürburgring doesn't have places to cut and really have an advantage.

But you're right about by-passing a T1 incident.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you cut T1 the advantage would be minor. It's not really a Monza-style cut where you could gain seconds even when considering the penalty.

Edit: Speaking of the ring: it might be possible to cut Tiergarten (last left-right-left) before entering the GP track.
    I haven't seen anyone trying that successfully and usually the car is unsettled so strongly that it would be a huge risk to take there (especially considering it is at the end of a loooooong lap).
    On the other hand I wouldn't rule it out that it is possible to do it in a controlled way.

6. Minolin

Good one. Yes I wouldn't ever gain advantage there, but I've seen cutters with quite some amazing skills.

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think that I spun there once (or otherwise missed that turn) and cut it, but got a slowdown penalty. Considering you don't have an opportunity to serve it with minimal time loss I don't think it's a big issue.

Bellof S should cause a slowdown too, been too long, so not really sure.

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

For a good driver that one is full throttle in every car, so you will lose time cutting.

Only for a badnot so good driver, this might be an advantage.

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I know, but it can happen if you did a mistake there and then cut instead of lifting/braking.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, I know but since you usually don't gain there I wouldn't see a need for punishment.

11. Hany

Hany Alien

Can we have class A+++++++++ because servers with class AB are still packed with noobs that take u out in the first corner.

Its way too easy to get a AB grade imo.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

GRFOCO and Tomcul like this.
  12. Minolin

Ok, 2.4 now hits the floor

Pit exit lines

may not be crossed when coming from the pits. See also rule /mr rule 5
    There is a penalty applied to every MR/MP session where there is a clear pit exit line, in any session type. You get at least 1 CP for each invalid crossing, and even more if you have cars around you put into danger.
    As this is a new feature and many drivers consider this rule optional, everybody will receive 3 warnings (in total) before the first penalty.

This is done for all official Kunos tracks, so it doesn't include modded tracks for now. You can always ask for a popular mod track, but it has to have a real line and I'll need a download link (and some time).

Cut penalties (test)
    can enhance the official Kunos system by putting severe and permanent penalties for deliberate cuts which exploit the current system. Monza T1 or Imola Variante Alta are good examples where the potential gain can outnumber the penalty.
    I expect not to see anybody around higher MR grades soon who is abusing the current mechanics. In the same time I'm doing a lot not to put too many points on evasive actions and accidents, which is a significant decision - the MR cut detection therefore cannot substitute the Kunos system.

Again this is a new feature and we will see the 3 warnings as well. After that the cuts will display the correct message including CPs, but the CPs won't be assigned. Currently I'm waiting for your feedback how well the prevention of accidential CPs works in your opinion. This can change over night without further notification, so please do not test the deliberate cuts but drive as clean as usual and tell me where you scored significant CPs that can be regarded as flaw.

And honestly, please don't cut deliberately. I don't see any excuse and this feature can give you double-digit CPs, if the code has to assume this was deliberate, offensive and selfish.
    If you find yourself in the outzone of a chicane please rejoin the track very slowly (the Kunos 35 kph are a good number) and make sure you give up any advantage.

The cut detection is handcrafted per corner, so here again you can ask (don't try^^) for specific ones and I'll put the definitions in. Assume all of the official Kunos tracks have cut detection on those corners which might bring an significant advantage.

A+B grades
    I dropped the restriction that A and B grades are regarded the same. This applies to driver messages, AUTH and - theoretically - helicorsa. Yes, it means you can try your luck setting up a MR-A only server and get it populated.
    The reason is that we have a certain shift in numbers due to changes in the past, and I can either tighten the B grade and fiddle around here, or just use A as the new MR-AB. The first approach has the effect that many people would be downgraded to C for no obvious reason, something I won't do until really necessary. Adding A only also doesn't remove anything like MR-AB, just giving you server admins more flexibility and control.
    I know I will regret this :)

A grade adjustment
    Although it's hard to estimate the effect of the new CP sources I slightly reduced the A-grade requirement. I expect the A grade to grow around 7%, so it's a tiny bit easier to achieve.
    You might call it the cut-penalty-collateral-damage adjustment. A graders are expected not to gain significant pit exit line penalties.

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Are you sure that you would get A+++++++++ grade? :p

But things will change, so just wait a bit when Minolin pushed out the new version. ;)

Edit: a black Ninja just took advantage. ;)

14. Minolin

I don't take request of guys who aren't even around (and if so, they shoot me out of a good race) :p
    But it looks as you are lucky

TDS and Hany like this.
  15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Nice to hear about AB being A and B now. I know it's not nice for you, but IMO it's not hard to keep AB and racing there with server full or close to full doesn't look like with "the best" graded drivers in AC.
    Will be interesting to see the result of that.

Cool changelog all around.

TDS likes this.
  16. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Any way to make crew chief alert for the mr warnings for people that don't use hud items?
    I should really ask the cc guys for that I suppose..

17. Minolin

MR warnings cannot be hidden, you will see it in big letters on the top.

Tomcul likes this.
  18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Just curious, on some turns ppl. go very wide on entry and/or exit, i.e. RBR T1 entry + exit, T2 entry, entry + exit of the last two turns.

Are those also part of the cut detection?

19. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Looking for words to glorify but can't find any.
    I'll just say thank You once again.

20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, it's not working yet on rackservice servers.

Is there something to be changed in the server config or do we need to wait until the plugin is updated by rackservice?