1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Apex Cones in Practice Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ALB123, May 25, 2017.

1. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I've been on tracks and seen enough "track day" videos to know that many tracks will place a standard orange traffic cone at the suggested driving line apex of many turns. I was wondering if that might be a worthwhile option that could be enabled/disabled only while in Practice Mode?

Or is it a problem because it would most likely go into a separate .kn5 file that can't be triggered on or off by driving mode (Practice, Hot Lap, Race, etc.)?

MrDeap, fr13del, aphidgod and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Apex Cones and breaking cones Apr 29, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room Radical SR3 league- ApexOnlineRacing Jan 5, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI braking on apex when level is below 100 Mar 2, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Hori apex wheel steering sensitivity issue Feb 13, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Hori apex wheel steering sensitivity issue Feb 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Apex Online Racing League (AOR) Feb 7, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room AC is back in ApexOnlineRacing: new league Dec 14, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions "Look to apex" camera movement - how to disable it on PS4 version? May 9, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Look to apex Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Apex Online Racing - Simracing Community - 8 Hours of Cheshire - 08.05.2021 Dec 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Apex Online Racing - Circuit Paul Ricard 500km - 25th January 2020 Dec 22, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Apex Online Racing ACC League - Season 2 Oct 8, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Glance -left -right or look to Apex in Cockpit View? (0.7x) Apr 9, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room RSS Formula V10 league - ApexOnlineRacing.com Jan 23, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Look to Apex Nov 18, 2018

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

There is the ideal racing line which you can turn on optionally. Shouldn't that be enough?

What you suggested sounds a bit like too much effort for relatively low gain?

4. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

One of the Paul Ricard layouts has practice cones on it, makes it a separate track to the main one tho, ui could get very messy..

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think its such a bad suggestion, especially with @Aristotelis video tutorial series I can see an advantage in having this for new drivers. Most real world tracks do this and its a much better way to learn reference points then the completely fake driving line. Many tracks already have a few apex cones on them already and its not something that would be lots of effort on regular tracks. Practice mode is probably the best session to put them out there too.

I dont see it being done for Nords but normal tracks it would be a great way to help teach people to drive better.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Something I would actually like to see is some form of functionality to place cones and hay balls/tyre stacks to your liking in a sort of autocross mode or in practise mode. You could place apex cones on mod tracks then too. But I suppose this would be even lower on the priority list than "license tests" training modes or similar people have been asking for.

7. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

I think it would be a fantastic option to have the possibility to place objects as you speak. But I agree it's probably low priority.
    However I hope that some talented modder is going to make a such track......