1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic TRANSITION TO PC GAMING ADVICE

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ngolokante7, May 27, 2017.

1. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Hey guys, currently play assetto corsa on xbox but want a PC to play as additional features n stuff...

Just minimal pc I can buy to play this on one screen at 1080p and also fairly speedy computer. Budget is around £500-700 but as cheap as possible please.

So far during my research I have found two diff pc's
    PC 1: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322506291194?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    PC 2:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391786771565?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

My question is, is it worth me personally buying the quicker i7 7700k over the i5 when in reality all I need it for is work (mainly coding, building websites) and just assetto corsa really - Also do I really need a gtx 1060 6gb or can a cheaper maybe 1050 ti or even other cheaper options be capable and fine running this game at 1080p? Please, would love to hear your input

Thank you very much in advance !

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Weather transitions bugged since 1.8? Jan 23, 2022
    ACC User Interface Session transitions screens Nov 13, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [1.5.8] Server-side timeMultiplier does not affect weather transition - issue is Wine, no solution Oct 7, 2020
    ACC Physics Dry to wet tyres transition, and aero balance changes Oct 5, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Visual artefacts in color gradients/shadow transition May 27, 2020
    ACC Physics Weird stuff happening post v1.4.2 [Setup menu, reset and session transition issue - merged threads] May 9, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Stepped day/night transitions May 1, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Last Oculus (CV1) update or ACC v.1.2 ->1.2.1 transition killed FPS Dec 19, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.1.2] Nurburgring Overhead Signs - Near/Far Transition Nov 1, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Day to Night transition time 7:54PM-8:05ish PM Mar 16, 2019
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Evening to Night Transition - Graphics bug Mar 14, 2019
    General modding discussion Camera transition effect Hello! Is it possible to remove that fade effect in the transition of cam Jan 18, 2018
    Screens & Videos advice on camera transitions Feb 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room night lighting ( 24hr transition ) Feb 16, 2017
    Console Lounge Will there ever be Night Races / Transitions? Dec 6, 2016

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Getting over the fact that you should just make a pc yourself and save a lot of money in the process for a situation where you cant i suggest getting a cheap desktop, maybe used and then upgrading it. Companies for "gaming pcs" like ramping up the price for cpus, ram and especially gpus which will get the powerhouse behind your build so.

Out of the two you posted above the second one is my recommendation, it has windows with it and the brands for the parts with the exception of the case are reputable and come with their own respective and robust warranty.

One thing to watch out with the 1060, theres two versions, a 3gb and 6gb version and you seriously will want the 6gb version as the other one slacks in performance, the 1050ti is a joke in comparision. I personally use an i5 and for the most part its fine up to around 30 ai cars, if you want to go over and have around 40 then the i7 is a better choice.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  4. My 5+ year old i5 2500k with a 6GB 1060 will run 30+ AI grids using 4K skins at max graphics locked at 60fps stable. Look on Craigslist, if that is an option.

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

mine doesnt lol

6. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

When it comes to performance evaluation, I would strongly recommend trying to find Assetto Corsa benchmarks, rather than relying on forum anecdotes. The problem is A) confirmation bias, and B) subjectivity in perception of performance.

With that said, a couple of tips:

GPU choice will primarily impact graphics settings and resolution.

CPU choice will primarily impact physics and AI performance.

If you can program, you can build a computer. Just do it. Yes, it's a hassle, but you can do much better dollar-for-dollar by building your own.

Building your own makes it easier to upgrade incrementally. Buying an entry GPU every three years is often cheaper than buying a high-end GPU every five (just an example).

7. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

i5 3570k @ 4.3 GHz (socket 1155)
    Asus P8-Z77 V mainboard
    24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    GTX 1070 Palit Gamerock
    BenQ XL2420 1920x1080 120Hz

Benchmark log :
    AC VERSION: 1.13.2 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=88 MIN=65 MAX=121 VARIANCE=1 CPU=37%

LOADING TIME: 14s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (2880x1620)
    OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x100-0x1
    CPU CORES: 4
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:5
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:0 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

P.s.: Like Bradleyland said, build your own rig . But unlike him I don´t think of it as a hassle ... I think of it as adult electronic lego, since any connections only fit smoothly and correct in one way and need to be truly brutalised in order to be put together incorrect .
    If you´re going to build your own rig, take your sweet time assembling it and rechecking it as often as you can while being at it .
    For building videos check out Youtube .

8. He isn't going to be able to build a new i5 with a 1070 for 500-700. With that budget he needs to find something that is a few years old and then slowly upgrade it as his budget allows. It doesn't take much of a PC to run AC with a full grid @ medium/high graphics.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  9. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

10. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Cheers guys, if it really is cheaper to build myself by buying separate parts- I'd much rather do this... I will check overclockers but are they any other websites where I can buy diff components ?

But my main problem is as I'm not so knowledgeable with gpu's, I found the 1060 6gb to be fairly priced and pack a punch from reviews ! if so is there a cheaper option to this, with decent fr at 1080p?

Thanks guys, appreciate the support !

11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I would take AMD Ryzen over Intel.

For the same price as an Intel i7 7700K you can have a 8 core AMD ryzen which is near twice more powerful for general work. You can stream & play without issue while with a 7700K you will drop in performance once you start to stream. The difference of performance per core is minimal that you probably won't care for the 5fps of difference at over 120fps. By the way, stick with the X370 chipset if you go with Ryzen.

As for the graphic card, I favor the 1070 over the 1060 for a bit of common sense. For me a 1060 is low end(struggle to run Nier Automata & probably Tekken 7 too at 1080P), while the 1070 is an acceptable level of performance for newer games at 1080P.

12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

1060 maxes tekken 7 60fps according to leaked footage, nier automata is just badly optimized so i wouldnt use that as a benchmark. That being said i dont expect to be maxing anymore AAA games especially with the bottom line increasing due to the console facelifts.

13. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@Brownninja97 Nier Automata is all GPU. It's not badly optimized, simply taxing graphically. This game feature many light source & Tekken 7 probably feature the same fate at higher setting. Nier Automata doesn't feature much setting to lower the graphic effect which is the reason of most of the complain. The 1060 will not run Tekken 7 at a reasonable setting for pure 1080P. The game is not even out, but at release I would probably have fun reading the complain on potatos.

Also I've completed Nier Automata with all the achievement with 80+ hours of gameplay & it didn't crash on me in comparison to many game I have played.

14. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Thanks for the advice mate, but Im only looking to play assetto corsa, do you know if the 1060 6gb be good enough for this, thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

15. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I had a 7970 before at release in 2011. I suppose a 1060 can do the job, but don't expect much for newer games. Nvidia next chip generation Volta has near twice the number of cores & will probably about twice faster per tier.

I suppose if you buy the 6GB version which is 30% less explensive than a 1070.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  16. bradleyland

hristo1026 and ngolokante7 like this.
  17. bradleyland

It's all relative :) When you've been working in IT for 20 years, and every one you know tries to treat you like their personal tech support, you get to a point where you never want to see the inside of another PC.

18. LOL at you guys recommending $1600+ top gaming PC's when the guy has $700-$800 and only wants 1080p with high-ish graphics, something a 3-4 year old PC with a GTX770 can do.

19. bradleyland

You've said your opinion, and now you're belittling other people's opinions without any support. There are plenty of people being helpful by posting benchmarks, but you keep saying the same thing over and over without any facts.

If you want to help, post your specs, your settings, and your benchmarks. That way the OP can get an idea of how your proposed 3-4 year old system will perform.

20. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

That remind me often when people recommend the DFGT while they have a better option to get a better wheel for twice more. The only difference is the DFGT doesn't last while the other last 10 times longer or forever.

Don't cheap out on the CPU or get a used gaming PC with a i7 in it if you want power for the money. Right now the most popular setup are i5 & a 970 which should be incredible easy to find them cheap. (http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/)

Basically the 1060 is equivalent to the most popular 970 in term of performance. What happen is that bunch of user will all upgrade at the same time for the next Battlefield or whatever popular FPS. If that specific game require something better than 4 core, well... too bad.

Don't expect any upgrade path, except for the GPU once you buy the PC.

With Ryzen 8 cores, you have the ability to stream your games at super high bitrate while playing games. I suppose no problem even at 1440P60 while at 4 core i7 would struggle at 720P60. Not only you can stream, but also encode video super fast & run many stuff at the same time with minimal lost of performance. Sure people would suggest intel is better, but it's like 5fps slower at 120fps, which is the most stupid reason to go with intel.

Per core the Ryzen is superior to my 6 cores i7 3930k & don't see the reason why not recommend it as I struggle in no games whatsoever. Sure it doesn't have 40PCIE lanes nor crazy amount of USB ports, but that a bit too hardcore I suppose.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  21. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

his specs are in his signature.