1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gaining time with LMP1 at Le Mans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

So I was practicing with the TS040 at the Circuit de La Sarthe mod, and my best time at around 98% grip was a 3:42,x. I know that the Porsche LMP1 cars are Le Mans spec (probably), but I'm not sure about the Audi and Toyota. Also I'm not really familiar with the circuit, and I put 0/1 wings (lowest possible), but when I let an AI race with that setup it was actually lower than all others on stock setup, which indicates that lowest aero isn't actually the fastest.

So I'd like to confirm if all LMP1 cars on the sim are actually Le Mans spec, what sort of setup would you indicate for that circuit, and also how would you recommend I learn it? I know that even though it's 14Km long there are actually very little to learn in terms of braking and turning, but still any tips are welcome.

chksix likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Help with gaining speed on Misano Dec 31, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AI pitlane contact continues after pit exit and position gaining. Mar 26, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Press esc go to pits not gaining a lap Jul 11, 2015
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4hrs of Le Mans! LMP1 + GT3 multiclass. Sat June 3rd - 8PM EST May 23, 2023
    Screens & Videos Lmp1 circuit de la Sarthe Dec 8, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room 12 h of Le Mans - LMP1, GTE (URD) with Driver swaps May 24, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room DrivingItalia LMP1 Endurance Championship (from January) Dec 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Porsche 919 LMP1 Simulator at Weissach Jul 4, 2018
    Console Lounge LMP1 onboard Dec 27, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Fastest lap on outlap at Spa with Audi R18 etron quattro LMP1 May 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 919 LMP1 Electronics Explained (official) Nov 23, 2016
    Console Lounge LMP1/LMP2 cars Sep 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Porsche LMP1 2014 Microsite. Jan 23, 2014
    3D car models Perrin LMP1 - potential goldmine of data. Jan 16, 2014

3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I have yet to make a clean lap around LM. Need these tips too :)

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

What do you want to achieve? Just a better lap time or a lap time comparable to that of the real Le Mans races?
    If the latter, keep in mind that the track is not the most accurate one and thus times might not be fully comparable.

Otherwise, I think playing around with the ERS can make a difference as – iirc – it might not be enough for a full lap in most settings (if any).
    Also it is important to get the race track sections in a clean way.

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

My goal is to get the best time possible. Currently I'm at the 42's while the AI get to around 36 (both on 98% grip I believe). Trouble is that, even though there aren't many corners to gain or lose time on, the lap lasts so long that when you do something wrong there's a long way around to try and get it right the next time, so it can get a little frustrating. I still haven't put a lot of practice on it, like trying many different setups, or using the delta app, but it would be nice to have some pointers before I even do that.

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you're really relatively new to the track, then gaining 6s is nothing.
    From my experience, the default setups of these cars are quite ok, so I don't think you need to invest too much time there.

Also, after they introduced the chicance on the straights, the Le Mans specific changes were lower compared to the previous years (before 89), because top speed became a bit less important.
    So I wouldn't worry about that too much.

I suspect that they are Le Mans spec, since every Le Mans racer except for the 962C ST is Le Mans spec afaik.

7. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Set grip to 100%. 98% is much too low I think in comparison with the grip level at a LeMans weekend. Also for instance checking ideal shift rmp and electric engine mode that will last a lap. A video with pedal app included would help for tips.

8. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

If I remember correctly the fastest laps were around 3am... You'll have to set a temperature that's appropriate. 70-50? degrees Fahrenheit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9. I'm doing a quick test of the LMPs at Circuit de la Sarthe at the moment as I want to know which one to pick for a race at the weekend.

I've done 6 laps with the Toyota and have attached the replay file which might help you learn braking points and stuff.

The track grip is 98%. Temps are 28/33°C. Setup is default.

I've raced on the track before but haven't driven the Toyota.

After the out lap, the first three laps were 3.39, lap 5 was 3.38 and lap 6 was 3.37.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-UArlhbdT1dZFJtQWw2Ny1rcU0

I'll start playing around with setups next.

Poguinhas likes this.
  10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Just to clarify: My goal isn't to set the absolute best time, but to set the best time possible for the conditions. At the moment I'm around 6s slower than the AI on equal conditions, that's the time I want to gain.

I'll have a look at that, thank you.

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Because I felt like it, I've changed my server to this track at 98%. Feel free to join.
    It's set up for multiclass racing like Le Mans, except that there are 3 classes: LMP1 (Both 919, R18 and TS040), GTE (Corvette and 911 RSR) and GT4 (Maserati GT4 and Cayman GT4 Clubsport).
    Note that I didn't do any BOP (so far), so there might be differences in performance.

Poguinhas and Blamer like this.
  12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sorry, we got bored with Le Mans, so we switched to Vallelunga for the time being. But I'll set up Le Mans again later on.

colombianomd likes this.
  13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Did around 45 minutes of practice now, after watching @Stefan Sparco 's replay and I'm pretty much on par with the AI. I can still gain a little bit more since the AI line isn't ideal, but progress was faster than I expected.