1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Improved sound? As DLC perhaps?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lixma, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Lixma

Lixma Rookie

I want my EVO II to sound like this (go to 2:10).

Throaty, whiny, crunchy, all manner of things clattering about....lovely.

paul_wev likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Blog ACC v1.6 Improved simulation of downforce at yaw angles Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Blog ACC V1.6 improved tyre model and DHE 2020 compound! Nov 18, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 202 – Raging Bull II – Have you improved? Nov 14, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality HTC Vive Improved Visuals Nov 26, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Minor things that might be improved in the future Jun 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions The things i would like to see improved before release. Apr 26, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Improved Assetto Corsa Competizione VR visuals FIX! Dec 8, 2018
    Suggestions Improved Open World Support Nov 2, 2017
    Bug reports Xbox background apps causing framerate issues - can this be improved? Dec 9, 2016
    Console Lounge Stealth update: Black smoke clouds gone, skybox improved. Nov 29, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Best Track Settngs For Improved Performance..? Sep 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Improved AI at race starts Jul 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room - Improved AI fuel handling May 18, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Improved lap times not recorded Nov 20, 2014
    Suggestions Improved server browser. Oct 19, 2014

3. Rigel

Rigel Alien

That's called distortion

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I agree, the interior sounds suffer from distortion and sound quite bad. I like the raw and raucous nature of race-car engines represented in audio but, not at the expense of quality either.

If you haven't already, try Fonsecker's Sound Mods for AC; I think they are closer to what you want.

Until some mad genius invents the ultimate Racing-Simulation Sound-Engine for us, we'll always be left wanting much more from our Sim's. We need a specialized processor architecture / sound card that can handle racing-enviroment features / environmental effects with complex effect layers for echoes, reverb, approach / departure, resonance, directional audio, backfires, engine-braking, drive-train, etc. It's way too complex for the current audio solutions we have.

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Hmm...dunno about that, people have different levels of talent and experience with the tools available. Arguably, maybe AC has some limits within the engine or not, I wouldn't know, but there's a certain game that has the lead in both ex/int sound.

to OP: I think we've seen what AC1 has to offer on the sound, as good as it is. Does any game offer core updates as dlc anyway?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Nothing in game sound can come remotely close to real-life sounds at the track and the environment is far more complex than interior audio; there are too many sound samples needed to begin to replicate intake / exhaust variations / backfires, etc. There needs to be new ways of reproducing those sounds more convincingly because, even R3E doesn't do it that well IMO.

Dirt Rally does sounds better than R3E IMO but, it's not really apples to apples either. Some of the new directional audio for VR takes some steps in the right direction regarding advanced sound reflection / occlusion effects but, they seem to be limited to interior spaces so far. While that might be useful inside the car, it won't do much for replay audio in racing environments.

I think AC does sound pretty well for the most part; there could be more resonance inside the race cars in some cases, better samples for improved accuracy, etc. but, overall - I think it works quite well given current limitations. In replays, I might even rate it above R3E but, some of that might be due to sound mods too.

Tberg likes this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Dirt is no doubt even better soundwise, I didn't count that in. But yeah, natural resonance etc, as discussed in older thread of mine, is one thing a little short in AC. I also noticed in replays, that R3E has tyres and wind sounds, when cars fly by, they're non-existing in AC.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  8. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

I've begged for a better sound of this car more than a year ago and seems like even sound modders weren't interested enough to make a proper sound for it. External is fine enough but internal is very bad and sounds so synthetic in AC and only R3E has a good internal sound of this car.

9. Lixma

Lixma Rookie

That's perfect.

Kunos sort it out!

(and give us a rev light too)

10. Xez

Xez Simracer

I'd be happy if the existing sounds were just positioned correctly when using surround ! I hate driving mid-engined cars and having the engine sound coming from in front of me. :(