1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

R18 e-tron - how to set up the MGU

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by redadeg, Jul 10, 2017.

1. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Hi there!

Is there a tutorial/manual avaiable how to set up the e-tron with its MGU/Kers oder what ever thing?

I barely can follow other e-trons after chikanes when the accelerate. I think it has to do something with the MGU setting?

Which one i use when?

And the KERS Button hat not effect, right?

Thanks for your help

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Audi R18 e-tron quattro 2014 leans to the right (or left) when driving Jun 30, 2018
    Screens & Videos Hotlap :: Audi R18 e-tron quattro @ Red Bull Ring GP Apr 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room DRIVING ADVICE: Audi R18 e-tron @ Silverstone May 22, 2017
    Sounds modding Audi r18 e-tron quattro sound mod Jun 14, 2015
    3D car models Audi-r18-e-tron 2013 project suspended Aug 16, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Audi R18 e tron 2014 front wheels clipping through model Jun 6, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues [AI] Audi R18 drifting in karrusel Jun 6, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Fastest lap on outlap at Spa with Audi R18 etron quattro LMP1 May 27, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues No Audi R18 torque/power curve May 26, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues KERS capacity too large on Audi R18 TDI 2014 May 25, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues No rev-limiter, top speed too low, wrong TC, wrong LED on Audi R18 2014 May 20, 2017
    Sounds modding Audi R18 2014 Sound mod Jul 4, 2016
    Liveries Urd px1 audi r18 no.7 skin Aug 20, 2015
    Sounds modding Anyone can make the sound mod of audi r18 etron 2015? Jun 27, 2015
    3D car models Audi r18 tdi 2014 Jan 24, 2015

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

iirc it was in a different energy category, allowing for only smaller amount of energy to be deployed within a single lap.
    Therefore with most mappings the available KERS energy depletes quite fast.

The concept of the R18 was superior fuel consumption and reliability, not speed, so on sprint races it will be hard to keep up.
    It does as long as the yellow bar in the gear app is not completely gone.

4. redadeg

redadeg Racer

OK, in LeMans i am not able to get power after half of the lap.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, on long tracks it's quite hopeless. There, the best way is to go to charging mode and then hit the KERS button whereever you think it does have the most positive effect (I'd say before the long straights in gear 3-4).

The other LMP2s will get a bit further but with the presets we have won't be able to get balanced ERS support over a complete lap either, even in the low preserve mode.

6. redadeg

redadeg Racer

OK, thank for your help.

What does which preset cause?

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The two 'low' presets are more to add electric power at lower speeds, the 'high' settings add power up to higher speeds.
    Preserve or aggressive is depending on front wheel slip, preserve is cautious, if the tyres slip you will get low or no power (especially while the wheels aren't straight yet), aggressive puts quite a lot of power down even with some tyre slip.
    Hotlap just gives max. power.

Power consumption from low to high in most cases:
    low preserve, low aggressive, high preserve, high aggressive, hotlap

Though depending on track length the power won't last a full lap, in some cases even the low settings.

In general most efficient use is fully manually.
    Use the power out of slow and mid-speed turns that are followed by a fast section because you gain most of it on early acceleration.

I.e. take Monza:
    [​IMG]

Using electric power after Lesmo 1 (T6) would simply be wasted, but using a good part of the power after Lesmo 2 (T7) will help a lot.

So for Monza I'd say use around 1/4 of the electric energy after T2, T7, T10 and T11, maybe just a bit after T5 because you are at a very low speed.

And the lower the exit speed of a turn is the more you gain by using the ERS energy, but keep in mind how long the following full throttle section is.
    So I'd use a bit more power out of T2 than out of Parabolica (T11) because you already have a pretty high exit speed in the final turn.

On Le Mans I'd suggest to use a little bit on the S/F straight and roughly equal parts for the 5 fast sections (3x Mulsanne straights, the straight from Mulsanne to Indianapolis and the straight from Arnage to the Porsche Curves.

paul_wev and oppolo like this.
  8. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Wow thanks. Every clear and understandable now.

So, if i put it on "charge" no power would be given automatically and i can press "KERS" (assigned in the steering settings) to give it a go?

Any other buttons needed for the E-Tron or is KERS everything i need?

Schnipp and garyjpaterson like this.
  9. Yep, thats the way to do it.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Nope, only the KERS button.

It's still not the optimum though. The thing is that the presets give you a modulation of electric support, depending on your speed and gear.
    The KERS button – in this case – rather acts like an overtake button. So when you press it, it's full electric support whatever the situation.

But to fix that, we would need the ability to program our own presets, which however would give those users that know how to do that a significant advantage, so maybe not.

Tomcul likes this.
  11. Its just an override, and because we don't have track specific presets its often the best way to go to make the most of your available energy.

Schnipp likes this.
  12. redadeg

redadeg Racer

OK, everything clear now. Thanks a lot.