1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Classic F1 Championship Question Asked

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Joe Kelley, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Kelley

Joe Kelley Racer

My work was deleted without any personal contact warning me about the destruction of all my work.

I was working on building a Classic Formula 1 Championship League, and I was doing the work required in setting that league up: going for the long game.

My work was - for some unknown cause - removed from this web page.

What does not make sense to me is how many other works on this same web page remain while my work was removed by someone.

I can ask:

Is it the wrong program (Assetto Corsa), and the wrong web page ("support" for Assetto Corsa) to work on building a Classic Formula 1 Championship League?

I can certainly terminate (as my forum topic was terminated) my paid Server loaded with Assetto Corsa.

I can also ask (absent any exchange of personal information concerning the termination of the last forum thread I started on this forum) is there someone, somewhere, who knows, and can communicate, an effective way to build a Classic Formula 1 Championship League: and which software works best for reaching that goal?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room Association of Classic Motorcar Enthusiasts May 28, 2022
    Screens & Videos Classic Cars Trackday at Feldbergring | Realistic Graphics | Porsche 911 RS 2.7 1973 Aug 12, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC-PC] Virtual Le Mans Classic 2021 May 25, 2021
    Console Lounge ASSETTO CORSA PS4 CLASSIC CARS ONLINE RACES Apr 16, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions ASSETTO CORSA PS4 CLASSIC CARS ONLINE RACES Apr 16, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [ Assetto Corsa] Special Event-Virtual Le Mans Classic 2020 Jun 15, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room HISTORIC SIX HOURS OF SPA CLASSIC 2020 May 10, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room Classic BTCC series - Sprint races with mandatory pitstop Nov 16, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Assetto Corsa] Virtual Le Mans Classic Main Race . Jun 17, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Assetto Corsa] Virtual Le Mans Classic official qualifications . Jun 11, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Assetto Corsa] Special Event-Le Mans Classic 2019 Opening Registration. May 30, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room sim-racing-vintage -Special Event -Spa Classic 2019 May 1, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Join the F1 Classic 1967 Series - S2 Broadcasted Apr 22, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Classic "Loading Modules" Glitch Nov 20, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room Virtual Le Mans Classic 2018 Jun 24, 2018

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

1. This forum as a dedicated section for league racing thread.
    2. Those are the pre-requisite to have such a thread.
    List of requirements for a league thread

• Your league must have a website.
    • Your league must have its own forums.
    • Your website needs to have a serious look, we need to see you take your league at least a bit seriously and spend some time managing it.
    • Your league must have 5 or moreactive members on it.
    As you can see not only are you in the wrong section of the forum but you do not fulfill any of the conditions of a league thread on this forum.

4. Joe Kelley

Joe Kelley Racer

Cote Dazur,

You deleted my work from this forum? Please answer.

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Are you really asking me if I deleted your thread?
    No I did not, just letting you know what the forum rules are.
    I am not an administrator here.

6. Joe Kelley

Joe Kelley Racer

OK, thanks Cote Dazur, for informing me that you did not delete my thread, and therefore you do not actually know, as a matter of fact, why my thread (my work) was destroyed.

The reason why I did not post in the "League" forum was because I actually read the rules in the "League" forum, and therefore my work did not belong in the "League" forum.

This destruction of my work appears to be an effort to make sure that no one will succeed in starting a league unless "minimum requirements" are met, and so the rug is pulled from anyone working to earn the "minimum requirements," much like other closed, restrictive, markets work: a model if you will. If it turns out that this Assetto Corsa Model is as describe (closed source) then I can move on. I'd like to know the facts: please.

P.S. No answer is an answer, and if that is the answer, then I can stop paying the Server fees, and move on. I'll wait (long game) one more month.

7. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Maybe you can try and contact SRS people (www.simracingsystem.com) and see if they'd like to have a classic F1 league in their list. That could save you a few headaches and you could see if there is interest in classic F1 a'la GPL. I am afraid that the mod carset you're using being a payware mod of uncertain origin will discourage quite a few. Maybe just wait until we get the official Ferrari 312 67 so there's that and the Lotus 49.

8. perhaps you did not notice that you opened this thread at 1am european time, obviously nobody is going to answer you for a while.
    On the top of that, I read you've received a warning regarding violating copyright by selling stolen content last Jun 26th.. did you notice/act/reply to that? Maybe the cancellation of your thread is related to that?

9. Joe Kelley

Joe Kelley Racer

"I read you've received a warning regarding violating copyright by selling stolen content last Jun 26th." My memory is not perfect by a long shot, but that message in quotes from a Staff Member is what I am concerned about precisely. It might be all me of course, having a limited ability to understand the message here, now, or the message concerning someone violating copyright by selling stolen content last Jun 26th.

Who received what warning on Jun 26th?

Who is selling stolen content?

If my work on building a Classic Formula 1 Championship League here on this forum was deleted because someone claims I am guilty of selling stolen content, then there is an error concerning the decision to delete my work on building a Classic Formula 1 Championship League. I bought Assetto Corssa software, I am not selling it.

10. That is what I read in your profile page, perhaps you received the warning but did not notice it, I am asking @AC Support to verify the situation.

11. Joe Kelley

Joe Kelley Racer

"Maybe just wait until we get the official Ferrari 312 67 so there's that and the Lotus 49."

That is what I was doing until I made the decision to start building the framework (schedule, tracks, points system, etc.) for a league using the existing, available, software. If too many people are accusing each other of crimes, causing trouble, creating animosity, fear, whatnot, then I can learn that, and I can understand that, and I can deal with it. There are plenty of other things to do that are fun, and are not loaded down with this type of baggage. I'd like to know precisely why Assetto Corssa help has deleted my work on building a Classic Formula 1 Championship League.

12. Joe Kelley

Joe Kelley Racer

"That is what I read in your profile page, perhaps you received the warning but did not notice it, I am asking @@AC Support to verify the situation."

Thanks, I'll try to find the notice on my profile page too.

13. rjeady

rjeady Gamer

From what I remember of the thread that has unfortunately disappeared, I think that ignoring most of the advice offered by drivers interested in your league idea is not such an effective strategy.

14. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

The warning was related to the contents required for your F1 champ. In the opening post of your (deleted) thread, there was a link to awell-known site that sells cars stolen from copyrighted games. Of course it is not allowed here.

15. Joe Kelley

Joe Kelley Racer

"The warning was related to the contents required for your F1 champ. In the opening post of your (deleted) thread, there was a link to awell-known site that sells cars stolen from copyrighted games. Of course it is not allowed here."

Ok, then, for anyone who may read this before this too is deleted:

A condemnation of guilt is published by Assetto Corssa Help right here, right now.

Here is my problem with this type of political skullduggery:

1. Was the accused actually convicted of a crime, and if so why is the accused still offering software on the open market?

2. Has anyone made a similar accusation concerning any of the Assetto Corssa software, and if so has there been any process utilized in the effort to establish guilt or innocence concerning those accusations concerning possible crimes perpetrated by the people at Assetto Corsa?

As to the warning that I never received, and there was no effort to confirm that I received the message, for if there was an effort then that effort would have failed, since I did not receive the message, but as to that warning I can safely say that had I received that warning I would have then dropped the effort to build a Classic Formula 1 Championship League at that very moment that I received that message containing that accusation by the accuser.

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

From what I remember plenty of people tried to tell you that the mod you wanted to use is a rip from a disreputable author. Kunos seem perfectly fine with mod content being shared, discussed etc here as long as it is legit. Ripped content could bring issues their way so I think understandable. The same issue seemed to be what was stopping players from signing up, IIRC you had a few people express interest but raise questions over the dodgy payware mod. The solution seems pretty simple...

LeiF and Pretend racer like this.
  17. Joe,

Whilst I can understand your frustration at having your F1 Championship thread removed (since you almost certainly put a lot of time and effort into it), you must appreciate that Kunos do not want illegal mods to be discussed on this forum, or indeed league championships to be run at all with content of this kind. You are not helping your cause with all of the "lawyer speak" either.

18. Joe Kelley

Joe Kelley Racer

I'd like to know if anyone is aware of the process known as projection or transference since that process appears in many forms such as when people are inspired to go around accusing other people of crimes without ever actually providing the proof of such crimes. I can see that my time with Assetto Corsa, the people running Assetto Corsa, and the clientele, has been fun as far as driving the cars, it is a very well done simulator in my opinion, and as far as driving competitively with a few people. It has been fun in that regard. The baggage associated with the unproven accusations is costly in my view. I prefer to find fun where it can be found, and avoid, if possible, the process that appears to me to be transference.

Again:
    1. Was the accused actually convicted of a crime, and if so why is the accused still offering software on the open market?

2. Has anyone made a similar accusation concerning any of the Assetto Corsa software, and if so has there been any process utilized in the effort to establish guilt or innocence concerning those accusations concerning possible crimes perpetrated by the people at Assetto Corsa?

Accurate answers would be useful bits of information.

19. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Court room drama on AC forum. Who would have thought.

Guidofoc, Koikkis, Gevatter and 2 others like this.
  20. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

The only problem is, is that this forum is not a court of law, it's actually a privately owned business, and as such, has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Ever wonder why you're not allowed to go bare chested into 7-11 to pick up a pack of smokes?

LeiF likes this.
  21. aaaaaaand you're out of here

LeiF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.