1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Share you VR moment.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cote Dazur, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

This has been my big takeaway so far. Created a thread on Reddit about my newfound appreciation for Brands Hatch here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/6nunva/thanks_to_vr_i_get_brands_hatch_now/

Also, I've always heard of Cadwell, but I'd never seen a lap of the circuit before. Looks really tight and technical. I'll have to check it out. The close proximity of barriers and whatnot plus the elevation should be pretty great in VR.

2. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Cadwell is a fantastic track for slower cars. I can’t tell how accurate this version is as I don’t know a laserscanned one but it is pretty fun nonetheless.
    Speaking of elevation changes in VR: I would love to have a decent version of Road Atlanta, that track is so awesome…

3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Hi, I don't have shadowplay but I managed finally to record gameplay with FRAPS. Problem is that it is a avi-file with 600 mb (!) although it is only a few seconds long!!! AC upload maximum on this forum is about 5 mb ! Any ideas?

4. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Well I bought super hot this morning, many vr moments made me so glad I've got vr, especially when I took out my Tv when I punched out a red guy, now my tv is wrecked, but it's almost ok because my controller is fine. Now off to check my contents insurance . Doh!

T300rs , t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

vegaguy 5555 and cerebralvortex like this.
  5. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

That reminds me, I need to try it out in iRacing!

fbiehne likes this.
  6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Crunch it down with Handbrake https://handbrake.fr/ and then stick it on youtube and link that.

7. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

That’s the only proper version around. Such a shame that this track is not represented well in any other sim.

8. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

There's a very high quality mod for Automobilista but that's the only other one I believe.

9. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Had a great race going this evening...my first on-line with VR.
    Porsche Series, big grid of 22 cars, 109 ping, smooth.
    First lap...great.
    Very aware of all the cars around me.
    Love the look and sense of me driving the car. Love hearing and seeing cars race in close proximity.
    Second lap... missed my braking point at Variante della Roggia, get a 20 sec slowdown penalty.
    Slow down for what seems like an enormous amount of time while watching the countdown clock 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,....had to hit the throttle to get out of the way of a fast approaching car.
    Counter resets to full 20, 19,18,17, 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0....the race is as good as over.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Probably Patricks version. Would love to see some of his tracks in AC.

DaveS78 likes this.
  11. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

WTF is this?

That's ridiculous.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Feature developed especially to stop people cutting eu rouge... lol

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

yesterday i was driving on nords and when i came to "nordkehre" (i think its called according to a googled picture), a lotus came driving towards me. He didnt crash into me but it actually was a bit scary. Afterwards I had the benny hill theme playing in my brain so i managed to smile the fear away.

DaveS78 likes this.
  14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

You have AI traffic for the Nordschleife?

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It was a Nordschleife Tourist server. :)

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Ho! ok, that make sense, not driving backward on the Nords though :rolleyes:

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

VR moment of this week end, if you have not yet, download Fiji 1968 from RD, take any car you like, at the end of the straight do not even think on lifting off that accelerator, that T1 in VR, preferably with lock to horizon will make your VR day. The rest of the track is not bad either.
    I took the 1M, the one with the 2 tone skin from Michael H, the red interior is exquisite in VR, thank you @Michael Hornbuckle.
    Also worth noting that on that track, with that car, even tough I am garbage at drifting, it was hard not to, pretty cool!

18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

VR moment of the week end for me was yesterday driving a GT converted Corvette Z1 at Black Cat with the traffic mod, thinking that VR was all that I ever wanted when playing GT5/6 back in the days.

19. Turk

Turk Alien

Seeing other lotus 49s on track racing agaisnt you is incredible, I was doing the race at highlands and looked to my right just as we went over the jump. It was really cool, I crashed just after of course because i wasn't watching the road.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I just discovered antivirus was causing all my problems with AC and Steam. Mostly physics issues.

Mike1304 likes this.