1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Bedtime reading about the upcoming Ferrari SF15-T power unit

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ShredatorFIN, Jan 8, 2017.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

This is a copypasta from a sticky thread in Chit Chat Room, by Kunos physics lead dev. It will probably have it's official repost on console lounge soon after DLC launches, but here's a head start into using the controls and power units of SF15-T. At least on PC version you control all these systems, while driving. Don't know how it's going to work with gamepad or a wheel (PC uses keyboard or button boxes) but likely/hopefully the have pulled it off somehow.

Here goes:

Attached Files:

paul_wev, JIJDAN, jayd_10 and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Reading acreplay files programmatically Sep 12, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000 [d3d11.dll crash] Jun 28, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer "Error reading PlayerID" in server log file, ballast not assigned Mar 2, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Is continuously reading results from a server session possible Jan 12, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Hello, Assetto Corsa seems to be reading the raw data of my pedals Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Physics IMO readings question May 23, 2020
    ACC User Interface Tire/brake wear readings persist across sessions May 4, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer not reading entrylist.json Apr 9, 2020
    ACC Physics Omi and psi reading broken Feb 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Some Good Reading Jan 26, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating won't go up/game reading races incorrectly (1.0.10) Sep 19, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions Help with FPS readings Aug 14, 2019
    ACC Physics MoTec oversteer/understeer reading Mar 13, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals reading controls.json changed without patch? Feb 28, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Error reading sunLightMean from weatherData.json Sep 23, 2018

3. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

I'm just hoping the devs have managed to implement custom button mapping and are going to include this in the upcoming DLC ?
    Ideally, keyboard support, alongside custom wheel/controller mapping will come in time as there are just too many functions on the hybrid / KERS equipped cars for wheels and controllers to cope with now.
    The functions I'd like to be able to map on my wheel (T300 RS) would be for esential driving assists such as deployment of KERS / MGU etc. Things like brake bias, energy recovery / deployment, TC, ABS I'd quite happily have on my keyboard as they're not the sort of settings you need to mess with whilst driving.

svenvangent, paul_wev and SlimCharles like this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Thanks for the insight!

The game needs of some details like more information about cars (and in some cars, like the hybrid ones, it is very necessarely). I think it would be a very good idea to have Aris (being the guy who test the cars and so on) explaining the idiosyncrasy of every car, like in Forza or NFS HS.

Maybe Aris doesnt have that awesome voice, but I dont think it is a huge problem :D

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Or add the info in text just like on PC. :)

ZX636 and SlimCharles like this.
  6. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

So you have to think about all of that and steer, no chance with my brain.

SlimCharles, Traks1 and paul_wev like this.
  7. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

To be honest I am a bit concerned that without the ability to button map or use a keyboard, the SF15 and Porsche 919 hybrid will have to be severely dumbed down for console use given that even the comparitevely uncomplicated Porsche spyder doesn't have an option to use TC and it's ERS/KERS. Still, we'll find out Tuesday a?.

paul_wev likes this.
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Not really, it's just in detail. You don't really need to know all that while driving, or even tweak it much at all once you find ok setting. But the F1 cars are very fast of course, I find them difficult even without any of this. Everything happens so quickly.

paul_wev likes this.
  9. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

@Lord Kunos : would it be possible to get a document explaining the the wheel display of the SF15-T, especially the different bottom colored bars and SOC percentage?

pippo10 likes this.
  10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

+1