1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lift off oversteer in tyres V10 vs tyres v7-

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by claudiopolez, Aug 24, 2017.

1. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Before creating a "physics bugs and issues" thread, I wanted a discussion on the matter. From what I gather there is way less lift off oversteer in the current version of AC compared to its older iterations.
    Try replicating this for example in the current version, as I can't:

FWD Fiat500 @1:23

So there are 3 statemnts:
    1) I am doing something wrong and lift off oversteer is still there just like in the vid above
    2) Lift off oversteer effect is less now but it is more realistic
    3) Lift off oversteer effect is less now and this is less realistic

Which of them is valid?

Please see this post for comparison of real life GT86 with pedal cam with the same car-track-corner in AC: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...r-in-tyres-v10-vs-tyres-v7.46880/#post-914364

and
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...r-in-tyres-v10-vs-tyres-v7.46880/#post-914446

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics 1.6.4 Porsche GT3 II massive lift off oversteer Dec 4, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Is lift off oversteer completly undesirable? Sep 19, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Liftoff oversteer Jun 28, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Car suddenly lifts in the air May 27, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Throttle lifts on it's own while entering pits or cycling through menus (Mouse Steering) May 25, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Controller lifting trottle on its own Jul 6, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Zolder pits- car gets lifted to high? Feb 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Settups and car lifted to invisible plane Sep 14, 2018
    Sounds modding How to do a throttle lift and pop sound Jul 9, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres anti lift and squat calculator needed Nov 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Lift over-steer in the Porsche Carrera 3.0 RSR Sep 23, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Alfa Romeo GTA needs inside wheel lift in game? Mar 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Aerodynamic Lift No Longer Produced By Any Car (1.11.1) Dec 23, 2016
    Suggestions Automatic Lift as Option (+ unrealistic powercuts) Dec 2, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Miura doesn't gain front end lift at high speeds. Oct 27, 2016

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

How can you be so sure? I am not trying to poke you since I also agree but were are the data that confirm this?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

you don`t need data to backup everything .. less lift of oversteer in current TM is something you can tell on empiric base, more realistic is my guess .. never driven Ferrari but I assume it will have less tendency to LO oversteer than front heavy, front engined less sophisticated and less ballanced car .. i might be wrong of course

6. unknwn

unknwn Alien

There also has been a topic not so long ago about Lotus Eclipse not having enough lift of oversteer compared to RL videos.

7. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Ok, it now seems like option 1 or 3 is the valid one after all - something's not right in my technique or there is a bug in AC v10 tyres.

First, check out this "lift-off oversteer" vid with gt86 on Nurb, with nice pedals cam.

@6:08

Now my attempt in AC, same car same track, same corner, same (? please correct if not) lift off. Pay attention to the pedals app (eco tyres, "slow" track surface, 15C track temp):

8. esox71

esox71 Alien

In the first video IMO, The oversteer is done on the gas, He realizes this then lifts adding the momentum which was already started.
    edit: But yeah....There's yer joypad TM for you.

William Levesque and liakjim like this.
  9. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Exige at least has more oversteer (lift off and otherwise) in v10 than in v7. Can't comment on other cars as I don't have enough time in them pre-v10, or enough time post-v10 for the few others I drove meaningful amounts in v7, to do a meaningful comparison.

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

first one is not LO ... isn`t it ? he is on throttle ..

and in that second OP video .. for Fiat .. he is not really LO oversteering ... he is kind of skandinavian flicking into that LO ..

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

My take is there is less LO now

I miss the more pronounced version.

12. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

The first video was not lift-off oversteer, the driver was pressing the throttle. Also, he did upset the car a bit as it still had left-turn inertia when he started to turn right.

I am very impressed by how analytical you are to prove the physics, looking for evidence instead of just stating "I think such and such but I've never driven the real car". This is engineering thinking.

LeDude83, chksix and paul_wev like this.
  13. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Maybe this is a clearer example still, at 1:40 :
    Entering 2nd Nurb corner, no prior flicks or power oversteer, he lets off the gas and gt86 imediatly dives inside so he has to parry with some countersteer. Cant do that in AC atm, the car washes outwards if lift off at same corner...
    @1:40

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Liftoff oversteer and engine braking is a hot topic for me too. As we have released XJ13, and not everyone is happy with those characteristics, personally feeling the car stressed when coasting on high revs is immersive to me. I would like to understand what makes real cars to behave like that, how exactly the engine braking works, does it depend on something, for example throttle torque, or coasting torque is independant from that and so on.... Also if the cars doesn't have this behaviour, why ?

Of course I understand that various factors are in play such as dampers, tires, inertia box, weight distribution, geometry.....

Frequently threads about 918Spider being demanding on braking pops up, there are more cars in AC which requires skill to slow down for example Lotus 25, GT40 and Cobra might bite quite a lot if you are not careful coasting on low gears and high revs....

What makes an engine to brake so hard ? Or it is just combination of many things, and engines has similar braking torques ?

IgnacioKotas and claudiopolez like this.
  15. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Cheers dude, evidence is king! :) Imho's are only acceptable from proven experts, I dont trust my own imho's outside of my professional domain :)

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yes the 1:40 is a clear LO.
    The car just left the pits though so the tyres are cold. Does this happens in sim too?
    Is this car stock?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

17. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

In the comms he said he has aftermarket shifter mech, air filter and "wayno's tune" which sounds like an engine remap : https://www.reddit.com/r/ft86/comments/5fwx1q/wayno_tune/

My attempt to lift off at that same corner (start from pits to show that tyres are cold. Eco tyres, 15C, slow surface)
    Spoiler: I got nothing but understeer.
    actual corner @0:22

Thats not to say that the question's settled, need more evidence to be put onto the scales of justice :)

Feel free to add bits of track driving of cars that are reasonably certain to be stock that show lift off oversteer!

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. mms

mms Alien

Your lines are different and you're turning the wheel to much that causes understeer. I get neutral response, no oversteer, no understeer on liftoff with this car in that corner... It has been my feeling for a while that front tires don't bite enough in AC, but that's only my feeling, don't have anything to back it up :(

BTW, is he in 3rd gear through all those first corners??

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

"joypad TM"?

20. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

He has engine remap, see my post above. Which, if its the only tune he's done, shouldnt affect the LO behaviour much. Although it may mean he entered that corner at higher speed.

Thats a very good point, I was rushing with my vid. I'll try again, see if I can replicate your neutral response.

mms likes this.
  21. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

For me there is something that does not get to feel good, in the street cars seems very complicated to have a spin, the grip is perfect, there is no fear when releasing the accelerator or brake, it is always stable. I have already created some thread to try to demonstrate how the Lotus Elise is a spin-prone car, hundreds of videos on youtube prove it but will only receive the attack of the people.

Cars like the Audi S1, Giulietta, MiTo and others seem really impossible to lose grip on their rear wheels. In Automobilista I feel better the car to the limit, as the errors are paid with a spin, hopefully one day Assetto feels this good to the limit.

Video of the event of Assetto Corsa in Vallelunga