1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lift off oversteer in tyres V10 vs tyres v7-

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by claudiopolez, Aug 24, 2017.

1. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Often real life onboard, the input data for the accelerator & brake are not in sync(bit delayed) with the driver inputs.

2. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I too rememeber more lift off oversteer in earlier versions. I believe it affected our mod too when we moved from V7 to V10 tyres, the rear just felt much spongier.

3. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

AC 1.2 was crazy man, even gt3 cars were drift machines :)

4. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Once again, you mean well, but!.. :) You real life footage has no pedal cam or telemetry so we have no idea about what those drivers where doing. In your iRacing vid the driver dabs the brake to cause a spin and never even attempts to countersteer, if you do the same in AC you'll get the same results. Finally in you AC vids (nice control btw! ;)) you DO countersteer and apply gas at the right moment, so of course you "had a minimum oversteer":) You did not have the car snap on you in the vid, but that does happen - I frequently snap one way and then lose control the other if overaggressive on the Schwedenkreuz in Nordschleife for example.

Anyway, the bottom line is you (we!) need real life videos with pedal cam or telemetry data, without it the video is useless for analysis.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. My thoughts are that the drivers in those YouTube Elise videos have simply made mistakes that result in a spin. If it was that easy to lose control of the car, then surely it would be pointless trying to drive/race it?

6. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

I'm thinking about this video of LO oversteer again... So we can't draw direct conclusions and compare to AC's gt86 as the car in the vid has lots of mods, including suspension.

But can we tune suspension of ANY tunable car in AC to give us this behaviour - "lift off gas, nose dives inside so much that car oversteers"?

7. mms

mms Alien

Yup, that was my first thought too, and it made me feel good to be such a great driver not loosing the car most of the time :) But then I started to have doubts, after all, I'm not that good of a driver. I had a thought: let's put away my superstar driver hat away and try driving as below-average Joe, let's make some small and big mistake and see what happens. The result was that I could loose control when I did flicks or some full-throttle power-steer combined with (wrong) steering input. But I failed to loose control/spin the modern road cars by lift-off or braking hard into a corner, no matter how wrong my inputs are (except starting it by a flick of course).

So here's a challenge for everyone: put your good/great/alien driver hat away, get in a modern road car and try to loose/spin a car during lift-off or braking into a corner, the only limitation is not to induce it with a flick. Something like in the elise video posted above in here Lift off oversteer in tyres V10 vs tyres v7-

I need that to reassure me that I'm a superstar driver :D

8. chakko

chakko Alien

Of course they did mistakes, otherwise they wouldn't have lost control over the car. In the video, i see all kinds of mistakes, like applying too much steering, overbraking, which causes the same, a loose rear end, or taking a curb too much. That's not the point though. The point is why it leads to understeering, rather than oversteering, when reproducing the same mistakes in the sim.

Not long ago, i posted this video in another thread:

The tenor in that thread was that he had to have a blown tire. Let's just say that i have my doubts, and rather suspect that he was on the limit of grip already, and went too quick into the corner, causing him to spin out, because he couldn't catch the drift with his countermeasures. I don't know how it is with modern touring cars, but, the cars in the BTCC late 90ies early 2000's were quite oversteery.

9. He had a puncture tho.

Tomcul likes this.
  10. chakko

chakko Alien

Confirmed?

11. I'm pretty sure they also run very low aero at Salzburgring.

12. Hmmm, can only find confirmation about Rob Huff for a puncture actually... Maybe Tassi didn't get one. Sure looked a little wild tho lol.

13. chakko

chakko Alien

I know. Who knows really. Don't want to claim wrong things either. Maybe what looked like a "too fast into the corner" oversteer to me actually WAS a puncture. I didn't see anywhere mentioned whether it was one or not. All that i know is that these things tend to oversteer, especially in certain load situations (also lift off oversteer, because the car gets lighter in the back), that's all that i'm saying, because i feel like some of the FWD cars should oversteer a bit more, think the Audi TT Cup. If that really is the case or not, i don't know.

14. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

chakko likes this.
  15. chakko

chakko Alien

Exactly! Oversteer in almost every corner.

16. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

All are driving mistakes, but in AC these mistakes do not translate into spinning.

mms likes this.
  17. So how come 90%+ of the people online can't make a lap without spinning out?

LeDude83, stefanoCasillo and rycil like this.
  18. chakko

chakko Alien

They probably either power oversteer, or hit the curbs too hard. ;)

mms likes this.
  19. Power oversteer, like chakko said. Or just braking late and going straight off track.

kofotsjanne and mms like this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I will need to make a video showing how most non league guys joining our audi tt vln practice server cant deal with the lift off oversteer. Big majority cant manage it lose rear then back into walls. :rolleyes:

Heck even I can manage this easy enough as the loose rear end on lift is what helps the car turn in. Then gets balanced out on throttle, so its a balance battle loose in and understeer out on throttle.

Maybe I have a different version of this car or something. I mean people are posting videos with fwd touring cars so maybe you would compare this with a similar type of car in game.