1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Who else thinks we need a license system like iracing has on assetto corsa?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ManuCfr, Sep 19, 2017.

1. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

This is basically every time trying to race online on ps4 multi-player. I can understand people causing an accident because of a mistake, it happens to most average mortals, but trolls trying to boycott races for the sake of it is way too frequent. We need to have a way to separate players who really want to race and kids who want to spoil everyone's fun.

Also we need an incentive for people to finish races. When I'm second on a 15 lap race and see how everyone except for three more players all quit by the seventh lap, I honestly have little motivation to finish the race, and I have zero punishment for quitting so I'll just quit. This leads to an environment where there's not competitiveness and basically no fun.

How hard could it be to incorporate one of those apps that already exist on pc which match people according to their driving style and skills like iracing does? This needs to be a high priority for kunos. Project cars 2 already realized this and is implementing it. Assetto corsa could be the console's iracing with this feature, who else thinks it needs to happen asap?​

MaxStrong01 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Anybody else having trouble with Steam's VR app? Jan 13, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fatal Error no say nothing else Nov 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Duelsense controller settings May 17, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No HDR - How else to improve colours and lighting? Nov 4, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash after driving for one hour, then doing a driver swap and watching someone else drive May 7, 2020
    ACC Physics Help (cant seem to post this anywhere else.. Tyres 1-4 which is best Jan 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Ok you Aliens and everyone else post your total Ratings scores! Dec 31, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Cannot map the controls on the steelseries stratus duo Dec 20, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Losing connection to servers while everything else works Jan 17, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steelseries SRW-S1 strange steering sensitivity and range Nov 9, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone else think that the AI is nigh phenomenal? Oct 11, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Does anyone else experience "veering" to the left with an Xbox Controller? Sep 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room How I use each Setup Setting and what else can they do for me? Jan 30, 2018

3. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Unfortunately, the only way you can get decent racing is to race with people you know. Even Minorating is so abused that it's essentially worthless.

Sadly, any system you come up with is going to be easily manipulated. So, in the end, your only choice is to try to race with the same people regularly. I know that sounds pathetic, but that's the way it is.

MaxStrong01 and pippo10 like this.
  4. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

Could you elaborate on how these systems are abused? I honestly don't know much about it.

5. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

Even if it wasn't about getting rid of the trolls, it'd be nice to have some kind of driver development or stats and some kind of benefit to driving clean and finishing races. Some system of reputation that would rank players and give them a motivation to be the best they can be. This would make assetto multiplayer more balanced and fun to play.

However the license system I still think should be at least attempted.

6. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Minorating takes your online games into account. It tracks how far you travel, at what speed, how close you are to others and how many collisions you have and the like.

The problem though is that trolls very seldom travel alone. They'll go out and wreck up a few races, get a bad rating to where they can't get into higher rated races, and then they just set up a private race, get into a slow car like an Abarth and follow each other around Monza at 80mph for a while.

That jacks their ratings right back up to C or B even and they get access to all the upper rated servers and they do it all over again.

For every system there is a way to exploit it by those who want to.

7. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

Well you could couple that system with community based reporting. When repeating offenders who have a bad rep get reported by players with no bad rep then they get longer penalties not being able to participate with higher ranking players for longer times until they're totally banned from higher ranking races. I think there's always work arounds as well as exploits. It should be at least attempted because the current situation is unbearable.

BTW thanks for your thorough explanation.

8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Don't expect any of that to happen in AC1, it's a big up taking for a game that is closer to its end of life cycle than it's beginning. Your best bet is to add clean racers as friends and/ or join or create a PS4 community for clean racers.

As for incentives to finish, I agree. I'm always last, no matter how many cars I over take. Don't expect anything in this regard either though. It's the same on Rocket league, I join a competitive game, to a goal down within 10 sseconds, and someone quits leaving it 2 v 3 and my rank which I've worked hard at now at risk. It's pathetic to give up after 10 seconds. The incentive should be - quit competitive game = 24 hour ban.

9. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

Yes. I was watching that interview someone posted where it's explained that the initial budget was low and that to add a better system a new game must be made and I can understand that. I guess it will have to wait until AC2. I'm hoping when it releases that it will become the iracing for console players, because I honestly would play iracing if I had a pc but i just don't have the money to get a gaming pc right now. I think right now the physics and graphics are almost equally good between the both so only thing missing in AC is the rating system.

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Mostly everyone that plays online thinks this should be the priority, but it's not gonna happen in AC1 for sure. AC2 it's possible, but I seriously doubt it, it's something Stefano feels very reticent about it by the answers he has said every time someone asked about it (probably because of the work it takes) and Marco too. We'll see.

That's just pathetic.

There would be a way to avoid that. Gran Turismo Sport rating system only works in the Sport mode (lobbies set by the developer). You can use the rating to filter the players in private lobbies or public lobbies set by the users, but the rating wont go up or down.

11. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

Pretty soon many of the race trolls will move on to PCars2 I hope.

pippo10 likes this.
  12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Stefano can easily change his stance on things. Let's not forget that they have 3 new positions for programmers too. I don't necessarily expect iracing type multiplayer but some kind of system with leaderboards cannot be left out. I'm sure this would lead some people to skip the game right off the bat if they bought AC1 and aren't impressed with lack 9f leaderboards.

P.S, really really curious what the track modeler was doing whilst they were sorting the Laguna issue out.

SlimCharles likes this.
  13. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Honestly exactly for the behaviour of some idiots that you so well described I am preferring to play off line as on line annoyed me except the trackday where this situation is less important

14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I've been staying offline too since the AI update, it provides everything online does but without the hassle, and better racing. Having said that I have had some great races online even since the update. Just stay away from GT3, that's where I tend to notice all the dick heads are at. Try the Audi TT cup car online if you come across a lobby.