1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lift over-steer in the Porsche Carrera 3.0 RSR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Lift over-steer appears to be non existent in this car. If I take it into a reasonably fast turn and abruptly lift the throttle mid corner the rear end doesn't step out.

Or perhaps I lack a basic understanding of lift over-steer.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics 1.6.4 Porsche GT3 II massive lift off oversteer Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Car suddenly lifts in the air May 27, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Throttle lifts on it's own while entering pits or cycling through menus (Mouse Steering) May 25, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Controller lifting trottle on its own Jul 6, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Zolder pits- car gets lifted to high? Feb 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Settups and car lifted to invisible plane Sep 14, 2018
    Sounds modding How to do a throttle lift and pop sound Jul 9, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres anti lift and squat calculator needed Nov 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Lift off oversteer in tyres V10 vs tyres v7- Aug 24, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Alfa Romeo GTA needs inside wheel lift in game? Mar 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Aerodynamic Lift No Longer Produced By Any Car (1.11.1) Dec 23, 2016
    Suggestions Automatic Lift as Option (+ unrealistic powercuts) Dec 2, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Miura doesn't gain front end lift at high speeds. Oct 27, 2016
    3D car models Toyota celica zzt231 facelift [wip] Jan 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Cars not lifting inside tire when they should Dec 24, 2015

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Should it?

But you can force that behaviour by adjusting the setup to react differently to weight transfer.
    Stiffen the rear, make the front softer and it will stick it's arse out at any opportunity.

4. Orne

Orne Alien

Its been my understanding that Porsche 911s, especially the older ones are notorious for lift over-steer when mid corner. Your suggestion regarding the setup is a good tip , thanks !

detoit likes this.
  5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

That one has like, 8 inch wider body on the back to reduce lift oversteer.

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Keep in mind that this is a race car with race car suspension and a race car chassis, so it might behave differently from the street 911.

7. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

The 74 RSR did not have the lift-off oversteer typical of prior Porsche's due to the larger rear tyres and improved suspension. Similarly you hardly see them lift the inner front wheel when cornering hard, contrary to prior models.

8. Orne

Orne Alien

ok we are on the same page. I wondered about the inner front wheel lifting issue, I've seen this quite frequently with the RS. I've yet to see similar behavior in the RSR.

9. chakko

chakko Alien

Shouldn't a car with rear-mounted engine have less lift off oversteer by default? After all, the weight is rather in the back, making the back less prone to lose grip on sudden weight transfer, right?

10. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

pendulum effect, the rear engine give you great traction at corner exit

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

On corner entry, yes. The 911s are dangerous mid corner when lifting. It's that complex thing called newtonian physics. :)

12. chakko

chakko Alien

I always found the older Porsche's quite whacky to drive in most sims anyway. :p Tricky balance, which makes you have to counter-steer with double the rotation you'd do with, e.g. a BMW, because the weight balance is to the rear, and the front is so light. In AC, it's okay, but, if you got the RSR 3.0 into drifting in GT legends, for example, you could hardly catch the rear, once it was gone.

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The key is that pedal next to the brake. ;)
    And no, not the clutch. :p

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Your in a silly mood, I guess? :D

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

When people talk like that about my favourite car, yes. ;)

16. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

There's not much lift off oversteer unless you screw up by gearing too much down.

17. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Not surprised you're getting no lift off oversteer, you're winding on so much steering lock that you're breaking traction with the front tyres and inducing massive understeer. :eek:

This video also explains why your setup tips never make any sense to me! ;)

I don't know how you manage to set decent laptimes with that driving style, but if it works for you.... :) You must get through a lot of front tyres though ;)

18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

R u driving like that or is it for demonstrating reasons ?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Robin_NL and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@Fat Rich, I shouldn't get a decent lap time driving like that, it's not skill. :p

@liakjim demonstration

Ace Pumpkin and Fat Rich like this.
  20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It can be done (sorry for the ****ty video quality, PC is struggling):

In some of the corners you can see that it does indeed oversteer when lifting suddenly.
    But it also does a lot of other types of oversteer as well. :D

Setup is attached. The lift-off oversteer is more pronounced when you stiffen the rear a bit more, but like this it's very controllable and thus more fun. :)

Attached Files:

21. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I'm actually steer like a mad man after releasing the brake at some parts. If the lift off oversteer would be actually there. Many magical driving skill(aka exploit) goes down. :rolleyes: