1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Problem with G25 in AC on ps4: steering with racecars becomes twitchy when changing settings

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by MarcoM, Sep 21, 2017.

1. MarcoM

MarcoM Gamer

Hi,

In AC on the ps4 I have the problem that whenever I create a custom wheel profile, cars with only 360-500 degrees wheel rotation become too twitch to drive. If for example I use the new Ferrari F1 car and move my steering wheel 90 degrees, then on screen it turns 180 degrees. As you can imagine this makes the steering quite twitchy. Not that using car like the Mazda RX7 does not has thiw weird behavior: my turning angle on the Logitech G25 do match the steering wheel action on screen.

Solution is to quit the game and restart it. Then select the G29 profile in AC and do not make changes or create another wheel profile.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals problem with wheel g25 Nov 1, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Random problems with gt3rs v2 and g25 pedals since 1.3 Oct 15, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech DFP / DFGT (G25) FFB problem (compendium) Nov 15, 2013
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Axis Problem G923 Feb 5, 2024
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    Bug reports Problemi volante raplay Jan 17, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Track Attack Plug-in Problem Dec 29, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec DD2 problem, game keeps loosing settings Oct 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server Launch Problems (TCP socket error detected 10054) Sep 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC GT 2023 Challenge installation Problem Aug 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem-Mid session save Jun 16, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problème volant détecte sur Xbox séries s mais en jeu je ne peux pas jouer au volant Jun 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem: new opponents every race May 30, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Xbox serie xG923 problems with ACC May 9, 2023

3. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

G25 on ps4?. Really?. That'd be annoying, if it works, as I had to buy a G29 replacement for my perfectly good G25/27 cos Logi/Sony said I had to :mad:. If you are using an adapter of some sort (GIMX?) then I would not be too surprised at getting issues. Every now and then I will get a random d.o.r problem that is corrected by quitting the lobby or the game and rebooting. Not very handy but it works.

4. MarcoM

MarcoM Gamer

It is indeed via connected via the Drivehub from Collective minds. And all my other games do not have this strange behaviour. So I was wondering if G29 user have similar issues.

5. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Looks like just you and me then bud :D

6. MarcoM

MarcoM Gamer

Are you also having these issues then when creating a custom wheel profile using a G29 on the ps4?

7. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

I have not tried creating a custom profile on the G29 (since I have read that they don't necesarily work properly anyhoo and still don't fix the issue of allowing the use of tc and e.r.s with certain cars) but I have certainly had d.o.r issues making an occasional, though happily, temporary appearance even without any alterations etc.

8. MarcoM

MarcoM Gamer

what does d.o.r. stand for?

And so you are saying that more people are having problems creating custom wheel profiles using the G29 on the PS4?

9. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Degrees of rotation. What you said about the twitchy steering thing.

I have no idea about other people's experience specific to making a custom profile (except yours) but just letting you know you are not alone (because me) with your seemingly random d.o.r (twitchy steering) issues even though I have not messed with custom profiles at all. I doubt we are the only ones affected but a glitch shared is a glitch halved so noticing you were getting no replies to your question felt I should let you know you are not the only one having odd d.o.r problems with this game.

MarcoM likes this.
  10. MarcoM

MarcoM Gamer

Ah ok, thank you!!

One of the developers of the Drivehub says that with AC 1.5 things are broken regarding wheelsetup. Oh well, the default G29 profile works, but it would be nice to map buttons and NOT have the DOR issues with race cars.

Traks1 likes this.
  11. Dpounder420

Dpounder420 Rookie

I can confirm that this same thing happens with my g29. If i change to default profile and restart the game it goes back to normal.

MarcoM likes this.
  12. MarcoM

MarcoM Gamer

Thank you for confirming. I thought it was that case.

Devs, please fix this!

Traks1 likes this.
  13. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

14. MarcoM

MarcoM Gamer

I guess too late for the Ferrari pack, but still I logged it.