1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple screen racing . What are your specs? What kind of experience do you get from it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Hagen, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Hello triple racers!

I would like to know:
    What kind of hardware do you use?
    (CPU/GPU/RAM/resolution)
    Are you able to race with steady frames on a full server on any track with multiple cars to choose?
    (shortly describe your experience, grafic settings, when/how does it struggle)

I hope we will find out what kind of hardware is enough to get a decent triple screen experience
    and what kind of hardware is capable of handling everything maxed out 32 drivers on nords each in a different car.

Thank you for your contribution.

A.I. needs more cores than multiplayer
    over 16GB ram doesn´t do much
    nobody uses AMD cards

Barely capable systems:
    4cores 4GB HD7970 3x24"
    4cores 8GB GTX770 3x21"
    6 cores 12GB GTX760 3x 24"

Decent gameplay with some compromises:
    6cores 8GB gtx970 3x20"
    4 cores 16GB GTX770 3x20"

Pretty much anything anytime:
    4/8 cores/threads 16GB GTX1070 3x21"
    6cores 32GB GTX1080 3x24"
    4/8 cores/threads 16GB GTX1080 3x28"

Conclusion:
    For decent gameplay you need
    6cores(AMD) or 8 threads(Intel) 16GB Ram GTX970/1070

Official RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: <---for single screen , i assume (found on assettocorsa.net)
    Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU
    Memory: 6 GB RAM <---is this a typo?
    Graphics: DirectX 11 (AMD Radeon 290x, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Pioroon1985 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Triple screen View Settings have no effect. [Wrong executable command active] Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Help on building a high end PC for ACC triple+1 screens setup Oct 27, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Screen flickering (trees, tyre walls and various objects) - only when "triple screen" is set to on? Jun 3, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No car shadows on side triple screens? Apr 15, 2022
    ACC User Interface Triple Screen Replays Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen FOV setting tied to which view ? Feb 15, 2022
    Chit Chat Room New more solid rig or triple screens ? Nov 25, 2021
    Console Lounge Triple screen with xbox one? Sep 26, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Triple Screen Settings not being saved/read Apr 25, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Difference in FPS when using Triple Screen vs. Single Screen Mar 14, 2021
    Chit Chat Room AC Triple screens with no suround Mar 8, 2021
    ACC General Discussions ACC and triple screen Feb 11, 2021
    ACC User Interface Proximity Indicator incorrect placement with Triple Screen Dec 7, 2020
    Screens & Videos Chasing Doors in Public Lobbies - TripleScreen GoPro POV Nov 10, 2020

3. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

I bought my PC several years ago to handle "Live for speed" on three displays.
    Then AC-Tech preview came out, followed by AC with a handful of cars, followed by huge tracks, a lot of cars, bigger online grids, post processing and things got worse.
    With AC still beeing in development i hoped for some optimisation and restricted myself to less populated servers with only one car model. Now i am sitting here with the processor that is listed on Assettocorsa.net under "minimum requirements" and a Radeon HD 7970 (5760x1080) next to 4GB of ram.
    AC is ugly to look at (everything turned down) and still annoys me with it´s slideshow effects if there are more than 3-4 guys online ;)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Minolin likes this.
  4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

FX-6300 OC @ 4.4 GHz
    GTX 970
    8 GB RAM DDR3

5040 x 1050

Never getting below 50 fps even on 30+ car grids.

I think I am getting the "decent" triple experience. Absolutely not everything maxed out, far from it, but looking good enough. Basic Post processing, 2x AF 4x AA, high details, shadows turned down.

Hagen, Sleeper Service and Minolin like this.
  5. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

i7 7700K - GTX1080 - 16GB RAM (no overclock)
    5760x1080
    settings almost at max = 106 average fps benchmarking
    in game fps cap at 63 and never had stuttering or issues

Hagen and Minolin like this.
  6. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

Current system: See signature
    It can run everything (full grids, multiplayer, etc) with the game on max settings (except PP=OFF, reflections=static) and it never drops below 60fps with vsync=on. With vsync=off, FPS hover around 110fps hotlapping and ~80fps on full grids during race starts.
    If I enable PP effects, then my FPS are above 60fps when driving solo, or perhaps 3 car grids max. Larger grids can result in FPS drops to the low 40's. I disable PP because of the performance drop and also because I like the clean look of the game without them.

Earlier system: same as signature but an i3-4160 (instead of the i5-4590).
    Same settings as above but the game would drop to ~30 fps on full grids. You really need a quad core for this game, unless you only plan to hotlap, where I would still get steady 60fps with the i3.

The game only appears to need slightly more than 8GB ram when loading big tracks (Nords) with very large grids using different cars (repeats of same car does not add much ram). At least this is how it is reported by MSI afterburner under page-file usage, which I understand is the system memory usage. This is not a big deal as virtual memory on the SSD appears to handle the extra RAM requirement well.

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I wished I could tell something sensible, but no triples here.
    But a call to help: This guy is the one who picked me up in my very first AC MP session, and taught me everything I know about simracing. He also invented Helicorsa, helped a lot with MR, and I'd be so glad to see him racing again on a server with more than 3 drivers online

Biner, Turk, myimac and 2 others like this.
  8. Stereo

Stereo Alien

My 760gtx does about 50 fps with other drivers around, full grid gets stuttery though. I don't drop settings to the point everything's ugly though. PP is not really optional to my mind, same for decent AF.

9. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

As far as I know, the number of AI or other cars if on-line that your system can cope with is more down to CPU than GPU. Please feel free to correct me if this is not so. This may mean a jump in CPU power which may need to be accompanied by a replacement Mother Board. Once the CPU can cope with the number of cars then it's just a case of coupling that with a GPU that will give all the eye candy ;)

The system that @PhilS13 is running seems good and is similar to where I started out. My current pc specs are listed in my sig but are way over the top of what's needed for a more than satisfactory experience :D

I'd also recommend using the ED tracker with triple screens unless you end up going down the VR route. I had mine set up on triples so that I looked at the middle screen and used the Left and Right screens to show me what was going on to either side - you can set up a curve or profile to dictate the amount of movement on the screens versus movement of your head (and eyes). There is an old thread about it here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/edtracker-and-assetto-corsa.31254/ and the site for the device is here http://www.edtracker.org.uk/index.php It's a good, cheaper alternative to other tracking solutions and there may be a wireless edition now. It works using the earths magnetic field so as long as there's no major sunspot activity it works fine :p.

Since I upgraded my system to head down the VR route I've got a GTX980 and an EDtracker going spare. Feel free to start a conversation, I'd be happy to help out the father of MR to get up to speed with AC.

Hagen likes this.
  10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

iam using a potato for triple screens, works decent :D
    i5-4570
    gtx 770 2gb
    8gb ram

no aa
    medium graphic settings
    5760x1080
    pp filter off

i get a around 50 to 100 fps depends on how many cars on the track and depends on the track.

the worst thing about triple screens for me is that nvidia surround is ****, and it takes too many steps for it.

Hagen likes this.
  11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Just one thing I've noticed on my old i7-920 before changing to a Ryzen 6 core:

Driving online is actually a lot less demanding to the CPU than driving with the same grid offline against AI.
    Online AC pretty much only has to handle the physics of your own car, the cars are just placed by the info you get from the server.
    Against AI the cpu also has to handle the other cars physics and the AI themselves.
    In short, I could easily run a 24 grid online race but (depending on car(s) and track) I could run 16-22 car AI races with no to fairly low stuttering.

Unless you want to go into high fps you will be fine with a Ryzen 5 1600X or 7 1700X or for Intel a Hyperthreading 4 core with high clock or one of the new 6 core models.

The bigger issue will probably be the GPU to handle the triple screens.

A 1060 6GB or RX580 8GB wil probably be capable, but a 1070 / 1070 Ti / 1080 might be the better investment considering future titles.

Hagen likes this.
  12. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

In what way ?

I don't have any probs using NVidia surround, I just set up the screens as one screen at 5760X1080 with a few extra pixels to cover the bezels. Works OK for me if I'm not in the Rift. I haven't even bothered using the triple screen set up in AC.

@Schnipp Cheers for clearing up the differences between AI and On-Line wrt CPU requirements, I wasn't sure.

Schnipp likes this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

Probably the greatest app ever made.

That was always my understanding too.

Schnipp likes this.
  14. MAUZERIS[LT]

MAUZERIS[LT] Racer

Configuration of the computer and graphic settings in the signature.
    At 32 players in online FPS around 90-120.
    I use the following apps:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Hagen likes this.
  15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Hmm a couple more things I have an opinion on.

"nvidia surround is bad" yeah, I don't use that, I play windowed mode at all times. All the important options for getting a realistic view are in the AC triple screen app. Find out what they measure, enter it according to your real setup, done.
    "use headtracking, lock to horizon, etc." personally I have to play with it locked 100% to the car (turn off lock to horizon, set all movement sliders 0%, no real head movement), anything else gets me motion sick. so ymmv.

Hagen likes this.
  16. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

I have been running triples for a while, mainly using SLI configurations, there seems to be problems
    with SLI more than running triples depending on nvidia drivers but right now my setup works fine.

CPU i7-7700k, 16GB RAM, OC 9-14% (on result below).
    7680x1440 GSYNC
    AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

Using motherboard with 2x8 PCI slots

1070 SLI (had lower gfx settings than above)
    FPS: AVG=86 MIN=58 MAX=177 VARIANCE=0 CPU=37%

1080TI SLI
    FPS: AVG=118 MIN=26 MAX=217 VARIANCE=7 CPU=51%

Using motherboard with 2x16 PCI slot (had to upgrade due to the need for 80mm SLI spacing)

DRIVER 388.31 (stutters, can not use)
    FPS: AVG=145 MIN=14 MAX=258 VARIANCE=33 CPU=69%

DRIVER 385.42 (stutters sometimes, runs ok)
    FPS: AVG=154 MIN=24 MAX=269 VARIANCE=34 CPU=69%

DRIVER 384.94 (stutters sometimes, runs ok)
    FPS: AVG=151 MIN=18 MAX=267 VARIANCE=41 CPU=66%

DRIVER 388.43 (seems to runs ok)
    FPS: AVG=156 MIN=12 MAX=271 VARIANCE=39 CPU=68%

Lately I have limit the fps in-game to 90fps, that seems to help against the stutter
    (it help so I have not tried so much going back to 120fps, max hz with triples)

Also interesting to see that 2x16 PCI affected performance, with rF2 there is known that
    PCI buss is affecting performance but on general benchmarks it shows no to little impact.

Hagen and Schnipp like this.
  17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Does this affect performance? Might start doing this, Nvidia Surround is terrible. It's like people at Nvidia think "Triple screen, LOL who has that" for past 10 years

Requires closing random programs before it's possible to switch modes (because "Close all" button would be too easy), doesn't memorize the order of screens, random numbers assigned to the screens. Can I even change somehow what screen is seen by Windows and 1, 2 and 3 respectively? Without connecting them into GPU in different order. The keyboard shortcuts don't work reliably or at all... because being able to press 1 button to switch surround on/off would be.. too easy. And the list goes on

luchian and Schnipp like this.
  18. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

Yes, the switching between modes works very nice.......

So, is running triples using windowed mode on an non surround setup possible?

19. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It won't automatically put the triple resolution in the dropdown options so you have to edit AC's config directly, or never even touch that setting after you turn off surround. Other than that yes it works fine with surround not set up.

I can't say if it affects performance because Surround refuses to give me native resolution. It's probably a bit worse since win10 has no way to turn off gpu acceleration on the desktop except going fullscreen.

20. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

i3570k, GTX770, 16GB RAM, 3x 1680x1050

Nvidia surround enabled btw.. Windows 7 64-bit.

Display:
    5040x1050
    Triple Screen
    fullscreen rendering: yes
    vertical sync: yes
    63fps framerate limit
    4x anisotropic filtering
    2x anti aliasing samples
    medium world detail
    medium shadow resolution

Effects:
    low smoke generation
    show smoke in mirrors: yes
    enable post processing effects: yes
    default effect preset
    all effects on normal
    crepuscular rays: yes
    heat shimmering effects: yes
    fast approximate anti-aliasing: yes

Reflections:
    normal mirror resolution
    high quality mirror reflection: yes
    low reflection quality
    static reflection rendering frequency

Very decent FPS on 12-18 car grids consisting of 4-5 different cars when racing in my community. Nordschleife server usually doesn't give any problems neither. Some mod tracks give a bit of stutter at times, but I guess that's down to poor optimization. Some specific parts on Kunos tracks give trouble (Vallelunga chicane near finish with 6+ cars).

Hagen likes this.
  21. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Thank you very much for your participation!
    I updated the first post with a list, some initial thoughts and a first recommendation based on what we have so far. (If you´re on triples, please post!)
    Some guys cant handle/don´t like VR for multiple reasons and don´t want to go back to one screen after trying VR, those might benefit from this thread aswell.
    Those that wonder why they don´t get the performance on triples, can see what component needs to be upgraded.

Wergilius and Schnipp like this.