1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple screen racing . What are your specs? What kind of experience do you get from it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Hagen, Dec 1, 2017.

1. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

My first triple-screen rig had an i5 2500k, 8GB RAM and a Radeon R9 290, which I then replaced with an i7 7700k, 16GB RAM and GeForce 1070. (Both running at 5760x1080, capped at 60fps).

I think I would recommend a 1060 as the minimum and a 1070 just because it's great value and longevity is looking good. The 2500k was a bottleneck with high numbers of AI, so you might wanna go above that too.
    Nvidia Surround is a pain, Eyefinity is infinitely better but the 10xx series is damn good nevertheless.

Schnipp, ShredatorFIN and Hagen like this.
  2. MAUZERIS[LT]

MAUZERIS[LT] Racer

In what pain is shown?
    At me it seems the АС perfectly works with Nvidia Surround.

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

The thing is I'm never switching out of surround. Not sure what is the issue with that either.

5. MAUZERIS[LT]

MAUZERIS[LT] Racer

All this works for me perfectly.

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Same problems here. I am always switching in and out of surround mode because my son prefers not to use it. I have to close programs like the razer mouse settings before I can switch to surround mode, and the keyboard shortcut doesn't work either, so I have to configure the monitor positions manually every time I switch. It used to work, but then it stopped at some stage.

The Windows Start button is on the middle monitor, but the Start menu comes up on the left monitor, which is a little annoying. The Surround driver software could certainly be improved, but once in game it's no issue.

In terms of specs, I have a 980 GTX and the benchmark averages about 80 FPS, from memory. Settings aren't maxxed, but are fairly high.

Hagen likes this.
  7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

the large curved screen that they used for the sparco event looks cool

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

If you use it into other than simracing.. many games don't support triples in any way. Also some work applications start acting out, window don't expand size properly in Surround, for example Photoshop. If you have noticed also in Surround, if you put a YouTube video fullscreen, the bar on lower edge that's used to navigate the video, doesn't respond. You can watch it fullscreen, but navigating in the video requires exiting fullscreen. At least on Chrome

Of course if PC is just for simracing and simrig would sit in a corner, waiting just for that.. then Surround would be no problem. But triple screen gaming (=simracing) is maybe 10% of my usage

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    pankykapus likes this.
  9. rycil

rycil Simracer

Well the screens are way too far from the drivers and there is too much distortion on the sides.

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Ah. Got it. Thx. I don't recall anything I'm using that doesn't expand properly and yeah I only have racing games...and youtube navigation is fine in Firefox! I've been lucky so far I think.:D