1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic gears settings gt3 cars

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Luciano Micale, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

hi guys, just to know...anyone knows for sure if in real life you can set gears in gt3 class cars?!? Here you can but in pc2 you cannot...and that seems quite strange to me...some guys they say that there are rules in the FIA which are limiting gear settings in gt3 cars. I think that kunos guys know better what they do...they live with gt3 cars and can have a closer look to regulations. I have been searching between FIA regulations but didn't find any restrictions on that...so...maybe AC is right and pc2 is wrong or bugged maybe?!?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Some Kunis F1 cars have abnormally long gears for me Dec 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8: Manual gears using square and x buttons? Sep 29, 2022
    Bug reports Online Clutch Issue Damaging Gears Jun 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Stutter while shifting gears in some cars Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals I don't feel anything when changing gears Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Pitmenu on/off while shifting gears Oct 21, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting GT4 occasional gears autoshifts when manual Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting The gears will not shift Apr 7, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Not shifting gears Apr 5, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Cant setup gears Nov 3, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Gearshift debouncing, uh? Sep 19, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds No Gear Shifting in Cars with Gearstick Feb 24, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds can't engage gears manually in some cars Nov 30, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Using controller and navigating in the pit/setup screen when you press X/A the car changes gears Nov 17, 2018
    ACC Physics Physics question: Why high gears cause understeer? Oct 19, 2018

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

The gearbox in GT3 cars are not locked per se. Though, it can be locked due homologation regulations specified by the series, being ADAC, Blanc Pain etc.
    All cars entering such series must attend BoP tests, where they later receive the BOP papers to carry out. Prior to any race, all cars are tested that they meet the BOP and are done so by f.i. the mandatory data logger and other tests carried out.
    If Pc2 has all their GT3 gearboxes locked, it's not wrong if it is within a series. I don't play Pc2, but if the same GT3 car is used in different series and it has the same gear ratios regardless, that would be "wrong".
    In AC there is no series, so the gearbox is not locked and it's up to race organizers to carry out additional BOP.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    LeDude83 and bradleyland like this.
  4. baboon

baboon Alien

Yes, gearbox is part of homologation which means teams irl usually don't swap ratios during a season or even between FIA homologation lifespans. Like it or not, it was a gamedesign choice to offer tons of ratios to play with.

5. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I would say they're both "right". It's just a matter of perspective. AC gives more latitude, while PC2 imposes additional restrictions.

Most series where GT3 cars run homologate the gear ratios, so PC2 is using a "de facto" standard.

AC, on the other hand, leaves it open, which is mechanically possible, but isn't common in most racing series.

One thing I do wish AC had was motorsports regulations, which allowed for things like locking specific setup aspects. Right now, you can only choose fixed setup. This isn't terrible, because the default setups in AC are actually really great. The same cannot be said for PC2. Some of the "loose" setups in PC2 are un-drivable for me.

baboon likes this.
  6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You can lock specific parts in the setup so it's not just a deafult setup that is locked. Yes, even lock different gear ratios for different GT3 cars on the same server.

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. bradleyland

Not on console ;)

8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Console? Blasfemi!

bradleyland likes this.
  9. bradleyland

I think you might have wandered into the wrong pub, mate :D

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Nevermind :D

11. bradleyland

I'm just pulling your leg about the pub :)

Ratios are adjustable on consoles. The difference is that we have only one option for fixing setups: ON/OFF. There's no option to fix specific setup components.

Tberg likes this.