1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Proposal to solve voting problem - votes never seem to succeed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by bradleyland, Dec 5, 2017.

1. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

On console, most public races I am a part of are impeded (some might say ruined) by players who are engaging in egregiously bad race etiquette, and quite often outright maliciousness. For example, last night, in a GT3 race at Monza (big surprise), a player waited at the T1 chicane, and repeatedly wrecked players as they drove past. No one was spared, and yet, the vote to kick the player failed repeatedly.

The reasons why votes fail has been the subject of much debate, but I think I've come across a rather simple explanation that might cover most circumstances:

Players either don't know which key to press to vote, or they have mapped their controls in such a way that they have no vote key.

I'd like to share two possible solutions:

Button Hint: I think it would be helpful if the vote text notification included an indication of which key should be pressed in order to vote.

Required Mapping: This, however, does not solve the problem of players who use key mappings that eliminate the vote button. For example, there seem to be at least some number of players using the G29 preset with the T300 wheel. In this configuration, there is no vote button mapped. The game should require the mapping of a vote button.

Thanks for considering these suggestions.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Audio [Feature proposal] Online waiting room - sound signal 30 seconds before start May 31, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Proposal for CP servers Jul 11, 2019
    Console Lounge Proposal for the future... while looking at the past Apr 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room League Proposal Dec 30, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues [proposal] png instead of dds? Dec 2, 2015
    Tracks modding [proposal] motodromo di castelletto di branduzzo Jan 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Drift point challenge change/addition proposal Oct 17, 2014
    3D car models [Proposal] Fiat Uno Turbo!!! Jun 6, 2014
    3D car models proposal Apr 19, 2014
    3D car models Proposal to be included VX220 or Speedster in the car game Dec 5, 2013
    General modding discussion Modding post structure proposal. Jun 3, 2013
    General modding discussion Proposal - Music in the game menu Mar 3, 2013
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Button "onClick" not working: solved Mar 20, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Line 95 [SOLVED] Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting [SOLVED] Game not starting May 27, 2023

3. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I have to rule this reason out, unless they've had the game for 2 days. No way unless exceptionally dumb have they seen vote to kick in the prop corner and not asked themselves how to vote. But people aren't voting, so I guess they really are dumb.

4. flashat69

flashat69 Gamer

I say this on behalf of many other players who are tired and exhausted on the question of voting during a race. For example when you want to vote to skip or restart the current session. Or when you want to ban a very bad player. this type of voting often does not reach the target just because many do not know which key to press. it would be a very nice thing if the interface indicated this button. Unfortunately not everyone, especially the less experienced players, go to read the map of the keys of their controller. Second, it would be good if the session administrator's vote, ie the multiplayer room creator, had a higher weight.