1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Well Done Elfyn Evans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by iannixxenakis, Dec 6, 2017.

1. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Not seen any posts about Elfyn Evans's Wales Rally GB win a while ago, or much press coverage of it, so I thought I'd try and rectify the situation.

First UK driver to win it since Richard Burns in 2000.

Well done M-Sport and Ogier too.

Nice to see a non-factory team win the championship.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Bondone on Playstation ? Dec 21, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Same input/action done repeated over and over again Sep 10, 2022
    ACC Tools Are inputs not done by the driver allowed? Jun 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Was QA Done on the next gen version for xbx/s and ps5? Mar 3, 2022
    ACC Physics Tramlining effect overdone? Jan 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone done this? Feb 6, 2021
    Screens & Videos Hillclimb Trento-Bondone sub-10 Nov 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions each day fewer people on the servers the guys abandoned the acc on the console Aug 24, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is the BOP overdone for the 2018 Aston Martin at Monza? Feb 3, 2020
    Bug reports Multipalyer looks abandoned Jan 28, 2020
    General modding discussion How is laser scanning done? Jan 12, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Done. Sep 17, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Since AC feels abandoned.... Jul 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud? Jun 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Well done Kunos! No TAA Ghostiing in V1.0 May 30, 2019

3. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Huh ? Ogier didn't get it eventually ? I don't follow this but thought he was mastering. There was a time when french domination was quite predictable ; victory : 79,5% Loeb ; 19,5% Ogier ; 1% others :D

Then well done and welcome to this Brit guy ! :)

iannixxenakis likes this.
  4. iannixxenakis

Ogier won the World Championship at Wales Rally GB but Evans won the rally (important for a British driver to win the national rally).

Evans's father was a rally driver too, I watched him race on TV in the 90s.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I saw almost no coverage of the event in the UK mainstream media, only the usual CH5 highlights on the Monday after the event. It’s amazing how far the WRC has fallen from public view in the UK.

Let’s not forget that 30 years ago the RAC attracted well over a million spectators annually...

iannixxenakis likes this.
  6. iannixxenakis

Yes it's sad.

In some ways it's the ultimate motorsport, hard to quantify obviously, but as an argument it has some merit (not convinced that it's somehow self-evident that F1 has all the best drivers and is the 'pinnacle' of motorsport).

At least I got to watch the full length replay of Channel 5's coverage without knowing who won in advance, because the media ignored it.

Those were good times when the RAC Rally was big news. I loved watching it on TV when I was a kid (wasn't old enough to go and see it and my parents wouldn't take me as they had no interest in sport).

I wonder what happened?

Did fans stop going and the media followed suit? Or was it the other way round?

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

In the 80s the RAC was massive, 4 days, 600 unique stage Kms.

You’d have Sunday starting in the Midlands with spectator friendly country house stages like Chatsworth and Sutton Park, then Monday up North to Kielder for Pundershaw and the Borders. Tuesday you’d be in Cumbria for Grizedale, Wednesday it’d be Wales and Dovey...

The drivers moaned about them but the number of country park stages shoved the event into people’s faces. I was lucky enough to have Haigh Hall within walking distance of my house then. Watching and hearing the GPB cars thundering through the forrest at night was fantastic, something that’s stuck in my mind for ever. I went to Sutton Park when I lived in Birmingham also, for people on the route ( and it was a long route...) watching the rally was almost something you just did then. I remember walking to the local event, like joining a football crowd but it was international motorsports near my house!!! At the time it was bigger than F1 no question. There wasn’t really any likelihood of an outright home win, no one seemed to care...

The loss of GPB in 87 was a huge downer. GPA just wasn’t the same, the sound particularly, like watching road cars by comparison even though the cars were soon faster again. Then the stage miles were reduced, less night stages, less accessible country park stages. Then the event moved to Wales only a few years ago and seems to have disappeared from view, no interest from the media even when a British guy wins.

I’m enjoyed the 17 WRC, the new cars are a step in the right direction. I do feel the events are too short and repeating stages when the events are so short grates. I’d like to see 400-500 unique stage kms again, the current WRC events feel like club rallies which I find unsatisfying. The manufacturers and FIA seem more interested in corporate entertainment opportunities than the actual event. I’m not sure about the WRC is still attracting the level of driver it was, Ogier is a class act but guys like Meeke and a Tanak, really? It’ll be interesting to see how Loeb performs on his return next year.

Bit of nostalgia. The stuff from Trentham at 12:30+ is a bit :eek: from a crowd control point of view... The guy doing the voice over doesn’t seem to notice :D

Dyfnant cancelled part way as 20,000 people turned up...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    iannixxenakis and baboon like this.
  8. iannixxenakis

Nice rundown of recent rally history, thanks Mogster.

Sounds like the FIA and rally authorities need to pull their fingers out.

I wonder if there was any deliberate hobbling of the WRC because it was a threat to F1?

9. iannixxenakis

(Deleted, double post, bad internet).