1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FIA merged WTCC and TCR, oh boy...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions FIA Motorsport Games Jun 20, 2022
    Screens & Videos FIAT PANDA on Assetto Corsa! Nov 8, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room FIA masters Historic Championship Oct 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions MasterLooser = Mafia May 30, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos MOD Fiat Fiorino, Stilo e Punto Evo Sport May 14, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting FIA Rating is too easy May 2, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards FIA rating? Jan 16, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC Series 2020]FIA GT 1 Championship. Jan 3, 2020
    Screens & Videos Fiat Uno, Punto GT and Coupé Turbo Nov 12, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver FIA Ranking sudden drop Jun 8, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards FIA Driver Rankings are very inconsistent Jun 7, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #127 - Questro mostro soffia forte! May 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Understand flags - FIA regulation Apr 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Is it just me or the FIA GT Nations cup makes no sense? Dec 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room My presentation at FIA Sport congress about E-sports Oct 28, 2018

3. chakko

chakko Alien

I agree. Especially that they want to change the regulations from 2020 on, and make the cars similar to Super GT is a bummer, because Super GT aren't touring cars at all.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

They should just do a TCR1 and TCR2 ruleset.

TCR1 can be what TCR is now, and TCR2 could be an "upgrade" pack for the TCR1 car, with a 400BHP engine, bigger wing, bigger spiltter, and perhaps a lighter car (prob difficult to achieve as an "upgrade").

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

And why?
    TCR was exiting this year.

6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Because people have the belief that the top tier of saloon racing should be "fast". TCR isn't slow, but its certainly no DTM.

I love the concept of TCR and I plan to go to a lot of the UK rounds this year. However the cars are 300kg heavier than the supertourers of the 90s, this makes them look rather leathargic and lazy in corners, the same can be applied to the BTCC NGTC cars which share many of the same handling traits as TCR (standard subframes aside), however I think TCR cars are better engineered than NGTC.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Can't quite follow, why would letting WTCC die off and carrying on with TCR be better than WTCC adopting TCR rules and TCR carrying on?

I mean TCR as a platform still exists elsewhere, TCR cars in regional championships overall won't go away. The TCR International Series and WTCC will be replaced by/combined to WTCR. What replaces the ETCC and how regional championships/cups will be structured is one remaining question but I suppose it was cancelled because they want to strengthen WTCR instead and it didn't have many entries this season. All of them already were TCR cars interestingly enough.

The only thing I don't agree with here is the name change.

baboon likes this.
  8. baboon

baboon Alien

Maybe the promoter thought they needed a name which sounds "fresh".

It all seems to make sense for now. Unless in 2 years manufacturers are allowed to jump in again to devour the privateers.